Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ideas For INX

Odium Wrote:let them stand afk in houses instead ! if they are afk they wont be at the bridge Tongue if they are in pits they might get seen by af riend and spammed to lay with them over messanger aim etc. but if there was no pits and they wanted to go afk thed move to a hosue and log or stay still in it Tongue

There are many people who stands in the pits, "pretending" to be afk and as soon as someone walk on the red pads they will fastly chase them. People would try to find people to kill in the actualy world if we removed the pits. If people want to gank with their friends, they don't really have to see them in game before they contact them on messenger/aim/ICQ. I really don't see your point how it would matter if a person was afk in the pits or in a house.

Odium Wrote:Removing pads will just remove all the action, not promote it.

Why would it?

Odium Wrote:sorry for my objective post but there not enough former xuo players on the forums Tongue

Your objective post? I'd say it's very subjective...

Odium Wrote:nothing good would come of removing pits.

Yes, people who don't dare to enter Occlo/Serpent's Hold would be a part of the PVP! Both people who want to and people who don't want to.

Odium Wrote:btw we did have action in minoc bridge and brit bruidge on xuo aswell ;P this is not a pits issue.

As it is now, it would help the lack of action at minoc/brit bridge by removing the pads.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Guys, instead of nitpicking each others sentences and grammar, how about sticking to the topic.

Lederoil is right, we did say that we would try with and without pits, so I assume that only thing left to do is to try without itTongue

maka Wrote:Guys, instead of nitpicking each others sentences and grammar, how about sticking to the topic.

Lederoil is right, we did say that we would try with and without pits, so I assume that only thing left to do is to try without itTongue

This will ruin gank and i can guarantee it lol. No offense but you think people will recall to occlo? all it will do is make people go afk in their houses.. Just because people complain about every stupid little thing it doesn't mean it's you guys (staff) need to waste your time on it.. If the pit's really needed to go it would've been gone a long time ago and there would be WAY more people complaining about it.

What I think staff should continue doing is what they do best, answer pages fix bugs and entertain the shard. witch is what there doing now so its all fine how it is in my opinion Tongue But we can use some votes ^^

Lederoil Wrote:Yes, people who don't dare to enter Occlo/Serpent's Hold would be a part of the PVP! Both people who want to and people who don't want to.

Lol why would removing the pits make more people pvp? The pit's are for getting to gank towns easily and for getting to blue cities easily.. Face it you have your self to blame right now if there's not enough ganking going on because your afraid to lose a few scrolls and pots lol. Like you said also for the people who don't want to pvp like to stay in pit's if they don't have a house or anything. They enjoy the pvm witch i do to when I'm bored they're is nothing wrong with it.

In my opinion removing the pits will be one of the greatest mistakes.. It has no positive actions towards it..

smoke Wrote:This will ruin gank and i can guarantee it lol. No offense but you think people will recall to occlo?

Then don't recall to Occlo. Why do the PVP has to be in Occlo?? There are alot of places which is easy to get to where you can PVP! For example brit bridge!

And yea, It's a really huge effort to recall to occlo //irony

Smoke Wrote:Lol why would removing the pits make more people pvp?
How about read my posts before asking?

Smoke Wrote:Face it you have your self to blame right now if there's not enough ganking going on because your afraid to lose a few scrolls and pots lol.

No.. I don't have myself to blame. I haven't said anything about there's not enough ganking, I said a new players/unexperianced pvpers could never be a part of the PVP without having someone to teach him first. I'm not afraid of losing scrolls and pots, I'm staying out of there because I know it wouldn't give me anything, I would just lose my scrolls and pots for nothing. I really miss the britain bridge wars between blue and reds. This way newbies can help out with what they got, they will slowly learn what's best to do in different situations. They do have the guarded zone to run to, which make them feel safe and they can be a part of the PVP with a lower chanse of losing their equipment, at the same time, the reds has a good chanse to cast wall of stone etc to keep the players outside the guarded zone.

Smoke Wrote:Like you said also for the people who don't want to pvp like to stay in pit's if they don't have a house or anything. They enjoy the pvm witch i do to when I'm bored they're is nothing wrong with it.

When did I ever say that?

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

What is so special about minoc and Brit bridge btw? Kinda seems stupid to even try pvp there if ure red even if the guard did not kill on sight...

Man made booze, God did not
God made pot, man did not

Without pits when we got 40people online?Smile Kewl, go for itSmile I expect LOADS of action already

Lanfear Wrote:What is so special about minoc and Brit bridge btw? Kinda seems stupid to even try pvp there if ure red even if the guard did not kill on sight...

Lol he just proved my point completly Led.. Lanfear isn't really a pvper at all he even disagrees with our pvp system somtimes but even he finds it stupid where you have brit wars and minoc wars when you waste so much supplies just fsing people and all they do is just run into town and call guards.. That's really just playing it safe and being gay It's not ganking it's simply being afraid of losing items.

There is a teleporter to brit in the pit's if people really wanted to start brit bridge gank wars. All they have to do is run into Britain from pits and run to the left to get to the bridge... Witch in my opinion would be more easy then not having a pits at all. Like I said there is no reason for the pit's to be taken away we just lose from it. There is simply no reason why you can't make an effort to try and pvp. Your in ministry you macro like crazy and you must have tons of money, skills and resources. What we have is about 20k and gank it really takes nothing.. Please make and effort for trying our pvp and gank style before just changing it.

Another good reason why the pit's is useful now is because if your a new player and go into the pits (witch basically you spawn in after making a new char) what's your first instinct? You look around for objects etc to help you begin the shard. Well that being said now we have a web stone and pvp reward stone witch can help explain what kind of things are offered here at IN-X and they will also know more info about the shard and can help with the voting.

I'm really done explainning why these kinds of things are important the pvp the pits spam all together etc. We were promised these things with the merge. I understand this topic is kinda different because maka said we will try it both ways but still. Let the staff focus on important stuff like bugs pages and entertaining players. From just reading these thread's daily it makes me angry and frustrated I wonder how they feel.

edited: Oh, sorry I just forgot to say there would be no place to put the tour portals duel stone portal and vendor mall portal. You cannot put them in town because if your at war with guilds its an easy escape place from pvp in towns so it would ruin that also =/

P.S Don't forget to vote! Smile!!!

I bet we could remove pits and it wouldnt hurt shard so much, but only if we had 150++ users online. However, if we had 150++ people online noone would complain about removing it. That way people would be everywhere, at bridge, ocllo, minoc. And Okan's first suggestion was to get people. Thats what i mean. Maybe you guys should focus on getting new players instead of trying to remove something like Duel pits? which is belong to XUOers since they started playing UO? Like okan said, put screenshots on the middle of main page, add a weekly tour, and please, send emails to our playerbase?! Cos pits were on every shard where i played... On no-vus, alphanine, xuo , etc. Dont you think removing them can hurt shard alot more than lack of gank at brit bridge?

okan Wrote:what current inx players want are more players to be on!, they dont want fixes in the game, they want more people to kill, or more people in the mines, or more people standing around at bank so they can show off their gear to, or more people hunting, having a good time.

word.

About what okan said we need to fix bugs before we get players because who wants to play on a shard full of bugs?

My whole was exactly what Gang mentioned in the last post,

All my ideas are just suggestions, these suggestions should be debated, then voted on, then should be implemented. That should at least give staff an indication on what should be done.

And also, to smoke.. you are entitled to your opinion... but i've mentioned voting before in a post ages ago and it was brushed aside. To be honest, i dont think voting will play a big factor in drawing more players to the server

I think staff shuold just do a bit of research on succesful servers and how they market their shard. Maybe the pits idea didn't go to well with xuoers and i feel it should just stay as it is. so it looks like XUO want to keep their pvp style and pits, and thats fine, but i'd like to see if anyone could come up with innovative ideas to grow our playerbase.

Sure, tours and ctf, and staff entertaining the players is fun but only TEMPORARY... after that you still go back to having an empty dead server with everyone afking and no action like what it is right now. Instead what we could have is a playerbase of 200+, always action, always people doing something...

So smoke i think staff need to do something other than entertain the players and hold events.
They need to look at the big picture, just like a business, and market the product so that new players join this shard.