Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ideas For INX

Galdor Wrote:I thinks pits is a habit old XUO players... I cant understand that; in pits you cant attack someone, cant macro anything, cant use your skills & spells and cant trade someone... Soo why we need "pits".... Peoples allways stand in there and be afk in there... Soo someone explain that why we need "Pits" area...

I thought that you guys said it would attract more blues and more people to pvp? I ran around for 3-4 hours and saw no one at all. Now I can't even find any players at all :/

smoke Wrote:I thought that you guys said it would attract more blues and more people to pvp? I ran around for 3-4 hours and saw no one at all. Now I can't even find any players at all :/

3-4 hours? Why do you always have to lie about everything? First that you were the founder of brit bridge wars (haha.. seriously) and now this? You have been at the brit bridge today, and there have been action there. So please, stfu.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Neither of Smoke or Rabbi were the "founder of brit bridge wars". Seriously guys, it's existed for as long as UO has existed, and for as long as the guardsline have been at the middle of the bridge. Sure perhaps Smoke thinks he founded it at XUO, and perhaps Rabbi thinks he founded it at Imagine Nation, but rly, it was founded at OSI 15 minutes after the first server opened, by some newb named Hate who ran around there naked trying to hit people while they were leaving the guardzone! Wink Nah j/k, it wasn't me either ;p But probably around that time tho! ^^

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:Neither of Smoke or Rabbi were the "founder of brit bridge wars". Seriously guys, it's existed for as long as UO has existed, and for as long as the guardsline have been at the middle of the bridge. Sure perhaps Smoke thinks he founded it at XUO, and perhaps Rabbi thinks he founded it at Imagine Nation, but rly, it was founded at OSI 15 minutes after the first server opened, by some newb named Hate who ran around there naked trying to hit people while they were leaving the guardzone! Wink Nah j/k, it wasn't me either ;p But probably around that time tho! ^^

Regards,
Hate

*Salute*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hate Wrote:Neither of Smoke or Rabbi were the "founder of brit bridge wars". Seriously guys, it's existed for as long as UO has existed, and for as long as the guardsline have been at the middle of the bridge. Sure perhaps Smoke thinks he founded it at XUO, and perhaps Rabbi thinks he founded it at Imagine Nation, but rly, it was founded at OSI 15 minutes after the first server opened, by some newb named Hate who ran around there naked trying to hit people while they were leaving the guardzone! Wink Nah j/k, it wasn't me either ;p But probably around that time tho! ^^

Regards,
Hate

I meant on this shard Tongue

Led: For someone who talks a lot you don't enter outside of guarded areas a lot. Ask Mito or Delfos or even gang bang we were outside in the new "unguarded area for about 2-3 hours" the only players we saw were chusco sandra and vuhome for like 30 seconds.. and chusco logged out as soon as we killed him

Okan Wrote:i've spoken to some staff who have agreed with me on this one. i really think if your staffing you shouldn't be allowed to play on your normal character during the period in which your hired to staff

I completely agree. It's obvious why: staff members have so much more access to things that players do not, plain and simple.
It's not just because they can do special things like dupe and add special things, it's also because they know about things that players either don't know about, or wouldn't know about for some time, such as new spawns. For example, GMs have access to every mustang spawn and when the mustang spawns, they can see where every player is and what they are doing, etc. So just think about how a player could use this knowledge. A GM can't help the fact that they know something extra as a player. Which is why I don't think they should be allowed player characters.

Vergo Wrote:I completely agree. It's obvious why: staff members have so much more access to things that players do not, plain and simple.
It's not just because they can do special things like dupe and add special things, it's also because they know about things that players either don't know about, or wouldn't know about for some time, such as new spawns. For example, GMs have access to every mustang spawn and when the mustang spawns, they can see where every player is and what they are doing, etc. So just think about how a player could use this knowledge. A GM can't help the fact that they know something extra as a player. Which is why I don't think they should be allowed player characters.

Not to mention we can search for any item in the world... dupe stuff... add stuff... Rolleyes

Oh... but it all gets logged and Taran checks it like a Nazi! (not a bad thing T im just saying :p)

In theory sure it sounds like a good idea... but in application... not so much.
Good luck finding staff that are going to hang around if they cant play. Yeah you may say "hey ill do it" but give it a week and youll throw in the towel.

Not to mention staff that dont play know jack about the game as they as ONLY staff wouldnt experience all the game mechanics... virtually making staff useless as they wouldnt be able to help you with much.

I agree in THEORY its a good idea but it wont work.

It would be worth seeing rules such as... a staff member cannot compete in an event in which they are hosting/organising. Hence why im not compeeting in the House Design comp. It wouldnt be fare.

Regards,
Hate

The Guard lines at brit bridge on OSI where not through the middle... not even during the original Beta Wink

There is a distinct difference between having knowledge and using that knowledge. Some things can't be helped, but for example I made most of the first generation of mustang spawns and I couldn't tame them until they were found by someone else and my player character was passed that knowledge. I couldn't go search for them obviously I just had to wait until they were found. You think that staffing is cake and we get the best of everything but you're forgetting as Minax has said that we can't participate in any quests or events we're involved in. Having knowledge is a handicap when we're forced to refrain from using any part of that knowledge because it would be considered cheating.

In addition as Minax points out, if I as a staff did not have a player character, I would not be able to address half the questions people page about. I know the answer to most of them because I've had the same issues as a player myself.

Yes we as staff know a great deal about the world that all players don't know but we as staff must hold ourselves to a different standard in that we know not to take advantage of the knowledge we possess. Our staff character and our player character live different lives which don't cross. You can continue to doubt the staff you have here or you can trust the administration in hiring upright and mature staff who know not to cross the limits.

There are numerous more important things that Okan addresses. If you really think staff is going to be prevented from enjoying themselves on a player character after all the effort they put into making the world a better place to play in you are just wasting your time.