Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

why is there so much staff but so little?

I'd rather macro than play honestly. The PvP is nothing like I planned it to be. When I heard about this shard, the first thing I thought was "old sphere style pvp" and it's nothing like that. I have more fun waiting to gain a .1 than watching Kal Vas Flam x5 and In Vas Mani x5 etc.

Don't get me wrong, CLEARLY some people enjoy this PvP system, but I do believe the majority of players would enjoy a change. I've found it pointless to even say anything about anything anymore, it does no good. If you all have noticed, I used to be right in the middle of everything, trying to improve things. Now, this is my last chance at playing UO. After this, there's really no point. Stopped playing because Sphere was buggy to hell, finally you get a Sphere based RunUO server, and if that doesn't make it, I'm clearly wasting my time.

[SIZE="4"]____________Vote for IN:X______________[/SIZE]

[Image: Top100.jpg] [Image: votenew.jpg]
[SIZE="4"]____________________________________[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Diabolical [DSL]

Diabolical Wrote:I'd rather macro than play honestly. The PvP is nothing like I planned it to be. When I heard about this shard, the first thing I thought was "old sphere style pvp" and it's nothing like that. I have more fun waiting to gain a .1 than watching Kal Vas Flam x5 and In Vas Mani x5 etc.

Don't get me wrong, CLEARLY some people enjoy this PvP system, but I do believe the majority of players would enjoy a change. I've found it pointless to even say anything about anything anymore, it does no good. If you all have noticed, I used to be right in the middle of everything, trying to improve things. Now, this is my last chance at playing UO. After this, there's really no point. Stopped playing because Sphere was buggy to hell, finally you get a Sphere based RunUO server, and if that doesn't make it, I'm clearly wasting my time.

It is not pointless to try and improve the shard (by being right in the middle of things) with most of the things at IN-X. It is just real hard for us to change the PvP style without making all the XUO players quit, because that is what we PROMISED THEM when we merged, and we keep our promises. WE can balance it, but we cant change it completely, or add things that will mess it up completely, like for example "fizzle on hit" or "armors reduce damage" or whatever most of you have suggested so far. :/

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:It is not pointless to try and improve the shard (by being right in the middle of things) with most of the things at IN-X. It is just real hard for us to change the PvP style without making all the XUO players quit, because that is what we PROMISED THEM when we merged, and we keep our promises. WE can balance it, but we cant change it completely, or add things that will mess it up completely, like for example "fizzle on hit" or "armors reduce damage" or whatever most of you have suggested so far. :/

Regards,
Hate

I just think it should be exactly like sphere PvP. Default basic, sphere PvP, I don't care about the WoP spam, make people make macros with them, instead of having a command to spam. Also allow razor to detect hidden spells. I personally think that will make it a lot better.

And I totally understand about making people quit, you're trying to to what's in the best interest for the shard. But on another hand, a lot of other people are quiting anyways so, you lose some XUO players who care nothing about the shards growth, only their selfish 1 sided poor PvP, or you lose some potential great players, who do great things, and bring other great people.

If it were in my hands, changing a few things, and people threatened to leave, I'd show them the door. I don't think everything should be changed. Everything is not the problem. Sometimes a balance isn't going to be agreed with by anyone. Thus why we're the players and you guys run the show. I've been an Admin on plenty of servers. Sometimes what's better for players isn't always better for a shard.

[SIZE="4"]____________Vote for IN:X______________[/SIZE]

[Image: Top100.jpg] [Image: votenew.jpg]
[SIZE="4"]____________________________________[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Diabolical [DSL]

Diabolical Wrote:I just think it should be exactly like sphere PvP. Default basic, sphere PvP, I don't care about the WoP spam, make people make macros with them, instead of having a command to spam. Also allow razor to detect hidden spells. I personally think that will make it a lot better.
[SIZE="3"]Did you know that our PvP is actually pretty much a "balancement" of the normal basic sphere PvP? How come? Read below:[/SIZE]

Well normal basic sphere pvp (except for a few changes like supremely accurate weapons and stuff) were what people were fighting with at No vus Opiate. It was all good at first, most people enjoyed it. It was easy to learn, you could see when others were casting spells just by looking at them (since most people did not use any spam, or a spam that could be see-through). Everything was pretty much basic, just like basic sphere is. You see a flamestrike, you hit your greater heal button. Flamestrike scrolls took 30 mana and no life always, so you could only cast three flamestrikes before you were completely out of mana. 4 flamestrike scrolls and a lightning scroll if you had a full mana pool and also used a total mana potion during the dump. People hardly ever did that tho because if they failed they had no mana left, and died. Duels took ages due to that everybody saw what the others were casting. I remember MegaDeth, Paul, Shivan, Girth and a couple of others duelling for HOURS at the duel pits because of the slow PvP. Good people had a real hard time killing each other, and I seriously mean that it took hours.

So what did we do when we noticed that everybody was learning how to heal? They learned how to use combined greater heal potions, greater heal scrolls, and greater heal spell. Duels started to be all about who ran out of mana first, because it was so easy to survive dumps. So we decided to implement something that became our "signature" since then. XUO scrolls. By risking loosing a couple of hitpoints while casting a spell you were able to cast even more flamestrikes, however if you were dumb and used them in a bad way you would go down to so low HP that if your dump failed, or if the other guy attacked back, you would get killed by mearly a lightning in your head.

We also noticed that total manas made it too easy. People could fu-ck up and yet get "back on track" by just drinking a mana potion that gave them 40 mana, so we decided to remove total manas and only keep small manas, that gave you 20 mana, so that the room for fu-ckups "shrunk" a lot.

We also noticed that greater heal scrolls back at No-vus were way too overpowered. They only took 11 mana most of the time and you could scroll up to full HP with good timing in almost as much time as it would take to cast ONE flamestrike scroll, so even if you were down to 22 hp you could scroll up real high in HP before the flamestrike the other guy was casting even hit, and that surely pissed people off after a while. So we decided to increase the mana waste of greater heal scrolls A LOT, so that they would ONLY be used in emergancies, and not EVERYTIME you had to heal. If you still decided to use them everytime you had to heal, then you'd run out of mana after casting three of them in a row pretty much, and there after die pretty fast most likely.

We also noticed how people got bored since the duels took ages. They started to try and make spams to stop people from seeing what they were casting. After a while most people realized that whisper could not be "seen through" by UO Assist, so they started using a whisper spam instead. That was an undetectable spam at THAT POINT, since nobody hardly knew about injection and how it could see through it. Anyways, 1v1 duels got a lot more fun for people, and we noticed this. It became harder, more of a challange, but also more fun because it is no fun if everybody can see exactly everything you are casting. People had to learn how to "read their oponents", instead of just looking at what they were casting. The old whisper spam was useless again since everybody knew about injection and how to see through it, so we decided to add an undetectable spam at the RunUO version of XUO since we COULD do it at RunUO, and since everybody wanted it.

Do you see where I'm coming from? This shard is developed from basic sphere, over MANY years has it grown and been "balanced" by these things in order to make the PvP even more fun for players, after they realized just how easy it was to survive with the "basic sphere".

Now on the other hand we have a bunch of NEW players, who weren't with us for all those years. These people are new to this PvP and there for thinks it is REAL HARD and unbalanced. They think they die way too easy and that everybody is just spamming, and I can see why, I believe that its easy to get that first impression. However if they would look "behind" that fasade they'd see that all we did was to balance basic sphere into something better, at least for our players. I just hope that most players here will learn to appreciate this change as well, once they have practiced for a while and seen how this can be a good thing, instead of a bad thing. :]

Regards,
Hate

hate, that process you describe on ***** is exactly the same as how it happened on IN, but we managed to find a way to balance it and still maintain the diversity in pvp and allowing the good players to fight the odds and survive alone.

instead of making GH scrolls take 60 mana, we capped the amount they could heal at 35, Flamestrikes only cost 20 mana to cast, we had powerful weapons which added variety and did enough damage to be a must in pvp.
GH pots went over the cap and the stat cap was 120 adding yet more diversity. wop spamming existed but noone really used it because lets face it, it takes virtually no skill whatever to do and theres just no pride to be taken when you kill someone that way.

the reason IN pvpers arnt liking the system as it is, isnt because we find it hard (Not in SINs case at least, tbh i dont really know about the other INers) its that its just got no diversity, theres no thought involved, its the same repetative process over and over.

see, we dont care if a fight takes a long time, infact we enjoy a good long fight, because it takes skill and puts on the pressure, it becomes intense. the best memories i had of IN were fighting numbers up to 5 vs 1 and coming out ontop not because i could spam kal vas flam so people didnt know what i was casting, but because despite them knowing exactly what was coming i still had the skill to pull off the impossible, thats what SIN was about. and its just not possible to do here.

the pvp here isnt balanced badly, infact its pretty well balanced, but its balanced at the cost of PVPs diversity and skill and that in my opinion is why people just arnt bothering.

sorry for the epic wall of text

smoke Wrote:well as you can see there are only really 3-4 gms that are active such as odium [SIZE="6"]tiesto[/SIZE] hate and muto

i would like to know why these players are gms if they are inactive for the longest time? Viz [SIZE="6"]Tiesto[/SIZE] Azreal Nasir Coldrake

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

im actually really good about pages since i hate hosting events :/

you'll see soon :]

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

I used to get all bent out of shape when I read the forums but now im starting to find it kind of funny.. Every single topic is the same.. What we did wrong. What we need to fix and it's just all full of complaints...

Did everyone forget that this is a FREE server?? That people put hours apon hours of there time to make it and have it for you to use.. FOR FREE???

The bad part is that people come here and complain and then quit and go to another shard and then complain about what is screwed up on that shard and quit and go to another and another.. It's a never ending cycle.

You guys do know that there is a place called uo.com that you can go to and pay to play and have staff that is on 24/7 that you can pay 15 dollers a month to complain to?

I think all the post's should just be deleated in my opinion and put a complaint section in the forums for them that only registered users can see for the mere fact that every one that comes here just browsing the forums to see if they want to try the shard out is going to see nothing but how screwed up everyone thinks it is and they are just going to go to the next shard on the list and we will never get our player base up..

For those of you that hate everything so much. Cough up the 15 dollers and go play on the ORIGINAL server.

Viz Wrote:I used to get all bent out of shape when I read the forums but now im starting to find it kind of funny.. Every single topic is the same.. What we did wrong. What we need to fix and it's just all full of complaints...

*Sigh*

Sure, the constant complaints are tedious, but there are complaints, and many of them because alot of people are unsatisfied with the shard. If people didn't complain, how exactly would you know that people are unsatisfied with the shard?

Viz Wrote:Did everyone forget that this is a FREE server?? That people put hours apon hours of there time to make it and have it for you to use.. FOR FREE???

No. I know, we know, everyone know this is a free server. Do you think it's a better reason to let the shard die because it is free? People are unsatisfied. Read the forum, look at the huge loss of the playerbase. People are unsatisfied, we need changes to make the shard live, and the sooner the better. By making threads on the forum shows what people are unsatisfied with, and what should be changed, that there are many who are unsatisfied with various things.

Viz Wrote:The bad part is that people come here and complain and then quit and go to another shard and then complain about what is screwed up on that shard and quit and go to another and another.. It's a never ending cycle.

Dude, are you serious?? on what do you base that theory?!

Viz Wrote:For those of you that hate everything so much. Cough up the 15 dollers and go play on the ORIGINAL server.

Great attitude! Viz, leave this shard as it is and you'll see it die in a very short time. Trust me. People complain because they want to play on this shard. They don't want to play on the original server because it sucks. This shard could be a supershard just with the right changes. We stick to this shard because we belive this is a little lump of coal that can be turned into a diamond. But without the right changes, this shard will remain as the lump of coal which isn't worth anything.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]