Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AFK Resource Gathering Punishments

Galens, thats the worst idea ive ever heard.

Go play on OSI, newb

Osiris Wrote:Galens, thats the worst idea ive ever heard.

Go play on OSI, newb

Can we hear your idea? :eek:

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

Coldrake im sure... i repeat sure that people is using multi ip accounts, they say hey an account for my brother then one is macroing and sometimes playing and the other one is getting money etc just for spent or restock the items that he needed, how quite simple, if u have two pcs in your house you can do it, and u members of the staff cant do nothing about this, almost in my opinion.. You can watch him but if he want 2 chars 1 pk and one neutral in different accounts u wouldnt be able to catch him because he will have also to macro other stupid skills and u will think oh this is other player ...

well im not sure about what to think about that, why some people can use 2 pcs and other can only use one, because they only have 1...

well see u Wink

I dont have an idea cos there isnt really a problem.

Im not overly fussed about AFK resource gathering... but if there was to be an idea for preventing it, the GUMP is all that is needed. Anything more is excessive... way to excessive.

If you are talking about deleting peoples items, removing skills... you are ridiculous. There isnt a MASSIVE player base here, why dont you just piss them all off and make them quit? yeah thats a good idea. we will be back to 30 to players like most free shards end up in no time. theres no need to be so harsh, its just afk macroing.. i dont see the big deal.

Or let everyone continue to milk the system and forget about having a chance to ever have a balanced economy.

I could easily run 4 accounts on one of my ips and prove that they aren't all me. Then I have my other ip, through a different isp of course, and run another 2 or 4 more. I also have a key to my neighbors house and she lets me do whatever with her 2 comps. So basically I have 8 (9 if I ever put my other one back together) computers at my disposal, three different isps, and could easily macro on all of them at once. 4 of my comps are lined up and the other 2 are next to each other in another room. Lets just say I was happy with running those 6 comps, each with their own account. I could easily have the more distant 2 fish and crank up the sound while splitting the 4 together between mining and ljing.
Some people figure they only have an hour or two a day to play so they justify such actions in their mind but this is what might be or is happening.

Okay say I get tired of watching these scripts and figure they will be fine on their own. From what I understand it isn't so hard to add an additional rail to move you to a healer after you die. So basically my mining or ljing script will gather resources for a bit, make drop offs at a certain weight and repeat. If I die I can have my additional rail walk me to a healers and then back to my starting point. Sure this sets you back, in a sense, but it could be repeated over and over.

Do I do this? No. But I could. I know of people who have done this in the past and other people who will always try to get that advantage, even if it is through breaking rules.

It all comes down to one simple thing though, afk resource gathering is illegal. It has been a rule since before the shard opened and everyone is aware of it. Don't get all pissed if you get jailed for it because you should be aware of the consequences and you should not be trying to milk the system.

Welp, thats my input on this. Since I am always correct everyone can stop complaining and arguing about this now and see the light.Big Grin

[Image: mariozl3.png]

I'm probably going to buy a wii just for that game.

i think its a bit excessive in the way that ur ore and skill gets removed. I just hope that the staff that comes to you afk makes sure they try grab ur attention by bringing up a gump or fireworks or some bullshit.

Im always looking at my computer but seriously ive mined alot in my time and i cant do it manually and just watch it anymore... so i play smash bros with the cpu right next to me or search the forums etc. But im always checking and its VERY hard just to see a staff talking to you... we NEED the gump or sumthin like it to grab our eyesight that doesnt dissappear in 2 secs.

Allantois Wrote:I think I have come up with a solution that everyone should agree on for the AFK macroing punishments.

If a gm wants to find out if someone is afk, they can talk to them, if they dont respond, the GM can manually put up the afk gump.
-If the player doesnt respond and dies... and doesnt have a auto res script, then leave it at that, the afk gump has done its job.
-If the player manually responds to the gump, then they should see the GM there and be able to respond to any questions.
-If the player has a script that auto checks the gump or auto resses, then the gm will know because the player is not responding to them, just to the gump. In this case, and in this case only should the punishment that Pande outlined in the first case be executed.

This way everyone should be happy because its no different then responding to an AFK gump, its just one that the GM has initiated and you better be there when you respond to it.

This is the most sensible approach to the situation i have seen yet! its allows a staff member to determine whether the player is off doing something else (like Pande said, out on the town) and abusing the rules with an elaborate script. Or whether they are on the toilet or surfing the net or playing halo 3 like i do but still in the general vicinity just using a script. I admit i get killed by the gump sometimes (~1% of the time), usually because i am pawning noobs on Halo 3 and concentrating on that but i am still watching the computer every few minutes for the gump.

Allantois's idea is a good one because when people macro mining they are looking for the gump and then see the GM, its all about size proportions. Gump is bigger you notice it alot easier, a GM not so much especially if you mine in minoc mine with 10 other players, you think they are just another player all fancy looking and blinged out. I mean Odium has tried catching me afk mining as a crow before...I tried taming him :p Point is you wouldn't notice that especially with people talking around you with mining system messages scrolling down the side of the screen. Dont get me wrong i think Odium is being fair and doing it well, so hats off to you my friend.

A couple more ideas to add on to Allantois's idea is perhaps the GM's can first get the players attention then ask elaborate questions that change and aint always different for example

Hello Kalanor(Question)......Hello(Response)
What's my name........Odium aka crowman
When were you born......some kinda date
What is the third most populated state in america...who the hell knows

Generally along the lines of something that someone will not have already prescripted to respond to, such as just Hi

Because no offense i dont wanna be jailed for 2 days because i missed the Hi Kalanor while i was kicking the crap outta some lil ***** on Halo 3 (still sitting at my computer tho, just turned to the side lookin at the TV), if i got killed by gump thats fine i just gotta walk, res and start again. I came to this shard because it has great potential and to have fun, not to be punished because i didnt respone in 2-3 minutes to a hi. However for those that really are breaking the rules they should be punished. My script only lasts for bout 10 minutes then i manually have to walk to a bank and drop my stuff and go back, i could try make a more elaborate script but that would make me or anyone else lazier in checking it hence the ability to mine for hours afk.

They should all be named on CNN and be publically lynched. Nothing is worse for discipline than seeing all these people run around like theyre Englishmen!!! String em up by their busterbrowns!!!!

Oooor. Just give anyone a 3 day ban. They'll either get into WoW again (lets face it, it's a lot better) or they'll play Civ2 for 3 days, realy get into it, promise never to play an RPG again, then log on. Buy 10k scrolls, do a tourney with no chance of loss ( I hate car3b3arsoooohoohohohoh), log onto these forums and moan that the 'carebears' have all stopped mining so they cant get PHr33 6L0D!1111. Then 2 days later they get bored and banned again. Or they get sent to a school for really stupid people. Or they buy a Wii. But a 3 day ban seems pretty reasonable. The idea isnt to piss people off its to make them think 'I should take this seriously'. So a ban is pretty harsh. Basicaly ban people = lost people. Deter people = not necessarily lost people, more like reform people and maybe turn em into nice people. Not like these juvenile pricks we got here atm that 'hate Paki's'.

Swanny Wrote:They should all be named on CNN and be publically lynched. Nothing is worse for discipline than seeing all these people run around like theyre Englishmen!!! String em up by their busterbrowns!!!!

Haha. Am I the only one who found that part funny? Sad

I hate CNN and Fox News. ;/