spam
spam
kal was flam
spam
kal was flam
spam
spam

And then I'm dead :p

But I'm also a complete newb when it comes to PVP so its ok.

I HAVE A RECALL HOTKEY!

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-

Hate Wrote:I hope what I said above helps you realize that you can do most of that at IN-X as well, and the things you CAN'T do has a good reason to it, and you'll see that as well after PvPing some I believe. :]

Regards,
Hate

I am actually just talking about how there is little reason to do much else than the things I mentioned here. There are a few things here that are both really cheap and really powerful (pretty much scrolls, elvens, and maybe bardiches, but I guess elvens are about to be dropped from that list).

Yeah, it was alot more item-based than here (by item-based, I mean various types of items), but that kept it interesting. That HXB of vanq was worth a good 100k - even priceless to some (one of those items that few bought - they just traded hands through death, or found on those extremely rare occasions from monsters). If someone is ballsy enough to use something that rare in PvP, more power to them.

But, I guess that comes back to the "Feel" of IN that we don't really have. The desire for all those sorts of items items for more than just showing off or for storing that one suit for tournaments also played a large part in the economy and player interaction.

Im not complaining about it. Just explaining my (our) take on the PvP and maybe shedding a little light on the styles alot of us are used to, and what I (we) liked about it.

Xuma Wrote:So what you're just saying is giving us reason.. There's no variety..

It might not be boring, because PVP it's almost never boring, but its always the same shit every fight.

UO is so much more than that.. and it's kinda sad there are people that want to keep it that way.. (I don't have anything against that people, but we're throwing away the potencial of this game)

Anyway I'll just wait to see how will it be when armor efficience gets fixed. We can't forget there's much work to do Smile

This PvP is some of the best I've seen and used over the years. This is also comparing it to OSI in the late 90's.

This awesome variety (i'm gonna run with this, so forgive if it's off the scale) you want seems to be drifting back to the old days where you had to remove a weapon to cast, had a skill cap, and had to switch worlds to PvP.

Honestly, those days weren't bad, but that's an entirely huge amount of changing and scripting to do. I know the current system seems rough, but it's very workable and fun. I'll be waiting at the brit bridge. Come and we'll have some fun.

i think most of u are talking about the PvP without knowing shit about it. In waht u call spam Kal Vas Flam spam Kal Vas Flam its a lot of practice an skill involved. I mean if the PvP was so simple everyone can bet everyone and its obviusly not that way, i mean the chances of a guy who is bad at PvP against a good one are near to 0. U just need some time to get the way PvP is here, u cant expect be good in 2 weeks when some of us know that PvP style for years.

Smurtle Wrote:This awesome variety (i'm gonna run with this, so forgive if it's off the scale) you want seems to be drifting back to the old days where you had to remove a weapon to cast, had a skill cap, and had to switch worlds to PvP.

Honestly, those days weren't bad, but that's an entirely huge amount of changing and scripting to do. I know the current system seems rough, but it's very workable and fun. I'll be waiting at the brit bridge. Come and we'll have some fun.

Hehe, you know what's funny? The "OSI-pvp" that you talk about is what this server was like when we started our work. Basic RunUO is "OSI-style" (remove weapon to cast, skillcap, etc etc..). We transformed that PvP style into SPHERE-PvP because we love it the way it was at sphere - this way. Then we made it as balanced and advanced as we could - which is what resulted in IN-X pvp. So what takes a lot of scripting to do isn't to get us back to OSI pvp style, but what really took the scripters a lot of scripting to do was to get us to where we are today - sphere PvP on an RunUO emulator.

Lindenwood Wrote:Yeah, it was alot more item-based than here (by item-based, I mean various types of items), but that kept it interesting. That HXB of vanq was worth a good 100k - even priceless to some (one of those items that few bought - they just traded hands through death, or found on those extremely rare occasions from monsters). If someone is ballsy enough to use something that rare in PvP, more power to them.

We also have weapons that are real good and close to priceless here at IN-X. For example the superemly accurate battle axe of vanquishing, the supremely accurate bardiche of vanquishing and the supremely accurate halberd of vanquishing. These weapons (plus a few more) are considered "the best fighting weapons in the game", and they are close to pricess. At XUO most people would pay close to 1-2 million cash for them, IF the guy who had one ever sold it.

You may not have seen these weapons in fights yet because all the tourneys you've joined has probably been AUTOSUPPLY, yes? But IN-X is not all about autosupply, we just host those tourneys now while nobody has any items to fight with yet. We will change to none-autosupply for most 1v1 tourneys and 2v2 tourneys in the future.

Aghast Wrote:I have yet to see someone charge at me with a weapon heh

All i ever see is

spam
kal was flam
spam
spam
spam
kal was flam
spam
kal was flam
spam
spam

And then I'm dead

But I'm also a complete newb when it comes to PVP so its ok.

I HAVE A RECALL HOTKEY!
Weapons are only used for 1v1 duels, people rarely use weapons to "gank" with, since it's so easy to run away from hits while on an horse. Anyways the reason you haven't been hit and has died in a few seconds is probably because these people notice that you try to recall with your nicely set "recall macro", so they harm you - interupts your recall - then they flamestrike your ass and cast lightning on your ass while you yet again try to hit the recall macro, which is being fizzled once again. Then you're dead ;p

Anyways join some 1v1 tourneys and you'll notice melee damage ^_^

Regards,
Hate

I usually run with force or power weapons with ganking. They were always my favorite for hits versus supply of.

Smurtle Wrote:This PvP is some of the best I've seen and used over the years. This is also comparing it to OSI in the late 90's.

This awesome variety (i'm gonna run with this, so forgive if it's off the scale) you want seems to be drifting back to the old days where you had to remove a weapon to cast, had a skill cap, and had to switch worlds to PvP.

Nah, I don't want to remove weapon to cast, skill cap, nothing like that.

I would like to see some variety, only that Smile

As I said, weapons should be rebalanced.. Everyone uses the same.

Armor will be fixed, but after that, everyone will use Plate.

I know that it's a pain in the ass to balance different kind of armors, and maybe it's not worth it, so I will not even talk about them.

Some other skills could have more use, like poisoning.

WoP are spamm at the moment, maybe putting some cooldown would make it really a skill based thing Smile

Let's wait till everything is fixed now, and maybe after we can suggest and test new things like weapon type abilities and stuff.

I'll give it a try the way it is, but I really hate to see people naked spamming scrolls Sad

Hay guyz, i liek pvp but sum guy recalled away and i didnt liek that.
So i killed sum other dudz, but they were not so good.

seriously though, i think the recall spell should be blocked in combat wich has a timer if im correct for around 5 seconds, if you are under attack you shouldnt be able to just dissapear without a trace, its not only against all roleplay its also very annoying on a shard where you need to wait 5 minutes to become uncrim. and just see your fresh pray just go poof :/

ek ek.

seriously, fix it please ;(

[Image: sigpic786_3.gif]

Xuma Wrote:Nah, I don't want to remove weapon to cast, skill cap, nothing like that.

I would like to see some variety, only that Smile

As I said, weapons should be rebalanced.. Everyone uses the same.

Armor will be fixed, but after that, everyone will use Plate.

I know that it's a pain in the ass to balance different kind of armors, and maybe it's not worth it, so I will not even talk about them.

Some other skills could have more use, like poisoning.

WoP are spamm at the moment, maybe putting some cooldown would make it really a skill based thing Smile

Let's wait till everything is fixed now, and maybe after we can suggest and test new things like weapon type abilities and stuff.

I'll give it a try the way it is, but I really hate to see people naked spamming scrolls Sad

Firstly, weapon abilitys are aos, this is a pre shard, even though i would love being able to use disarm as being a experienced puremage aos pvper i dont think it will happen.
Secondly, poisoning indeed is useless atm, but if its made to strong you will descide any pvp match with who casts and hits the first poison.
So if you would want poison to be usable in pvp, you need to adjust casting caps so you will be able to cure poison faster. Just a idea.
Im not saying change the caps to aos standarts, i mean the cure spell.
That would make poison more effective and enhance pvp alltogether.
Here is the overview:

Poison should block bandage/magic healing.
cure removes poison depending on its skill/type (w.poison can be dp, magic can be greater poison at gm with a chance of 50/50 from normal poison)
Damage can well stay as it is since poison is more of a "block heal" skill than a skill to damage.

Lastly, changing armor strenght is a very stupid idea, it will create upward balancing and unbalance pvm.

I think that its a good idea if staff did think about weapon skills and poison/cure editting, but i dont think it will happen as long as its pre oriented. Well, poison might, since its a pvp enhancement rather than a gameplay adjuster.

i dont know why u guys are still giving ideas to change the pvp. The pvp will stay that way cause on taht shard we use XUO PvP thats all stop asking for changes cause they wont happen =/

chaO!! Wrote:i dont know why u guys are still giving ideas to change the pvp. The pvp will stay that way cause on taht shard we use XUO PvP thats all stop asking for changes cause they wont happen =/
enhancing isnt the same as changing pvp, it will add a spell (my post) thats all. And yes i know that it problably wont happen, i just think its strange poison isnt used cause it does nothing. p.s. stop being mr obvious.

Sidelichus Wrote:enhancing isnt the same as changing pvp, it will add a spell (my post) thats all. And yes i know that it problably wont happen, i just think its strange poison isnt used cause it does nothing.

When you cast poison on somebody you poison him, but he does not start loosing life until a while later. If he's deadly poisoned then he'll loose a few hp every now and then after the time has passed since he was poisoned until "it goes out in his blood".

Anyways this is in order to balance it to the PvP. If we would make poison hit right away then people would just use poisoned weapons and/or cast poison spells on each other all the time. The duel would be like "poison, cure, poison, cure", bla bla.

Anyways that lil hp dmg that the poison does after some time can come just in time for somebody to die if the other guy is fsing him at that time. Poison can (if well calculated) be used in a very powerful way in PvP, if the other guy does not cure everytime he gets poisoned.

If we would make bandages and heal "not work" while poisoned then people would be carrying around 50000 cure pots to use everytime they get poisoned, or use the cure spell all the time after poison. Then he'll cast poison on the other guy and it'll be an poison / cure war once again. They may also poison their weapons to make it even more annoying. Sure it "can be fun" in some PvP-styles, but at IN-X it's just not an option according to me since it would ruin more than it would aid I'm afraid.. =/

I'd suggest you stop all kinds of suggestions or "modifications" until you've all played this PvP some more, because seriously, it's easy to notice that you haven't duelled that much against "fairly good people" who knows this PvP if you think that all these things that you mention are "useless". =/ It just takes time to learn the PvP, and before you have I'd suggest we do not try to change an almost flawless PvP that has been worked on for more than 7 years. I do not think that it is the PvP that is flawed, I think that it is your pvp-skills at this pvp-style, because you haven't had time to learn it yet.. and that's not your fault, it just takes time, try to be patient.. =/

Anyways poison is good if used the right way, you'll see.. :]

Regards,
Hate

P.S: Once again, I know you're just trying to "make it even more fun", but you neeeed to give it a chance and practice some first.. before you try to change it =/ This PvP is not as bad as it may look like when you're new at it. When you've learned it I'm pretty sure most of you will love it! :] D.S