Imagine Nation Forums
PvP Observation. - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: PvP Observation. (/showthread.php?tid=1933)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

PvP Observation. - imported_Diabolical - 11-18-2007

I joined the tournament yesterday thinking it'd be some fun. No, not really. I was wondering why I got a spell book, no one even used them. Unlimited scrolls and potions. Every fight is the same way, everyone running around in circles, spamming, guzzle guzzle guzzle, fs scroll, fs scroll, fs scroll.

I think that you should have limited supplies so you don't RELY on scrolls, and make scrolls a kill shot, not the only spell you cast.

The entire time yesterday I was wondering why I wasted my time gming magery and healing, because both of the skills are useless, it only takes like 70 skill to cast a scroll and you get no time to do any healing because of the pots and scrolls.

Also, the square you fight in is entirely too big, I had to purchase a ticket to get to the other side of it.

PvP Observation. - imported_Kreole Ragehead - 11-18-2007

I havent been to any tournaments yet but this is pretty much what i feared would be the case. As you say theres no need for gm magery let alone healing, im sure its a plus if you survive the first 3 fs but i just feel that pvp isnt about skill if you only ned a few potions and scrolls to kill someone. I guess ill wait and se with my own eyes though before judging anyhting.

PvP Observation. - imported_Dige_Kapati - 11-18-2007

If you think its so easy try to kill some good player with just "few pot and scrolls" Big Grin
And you don`t need magery at all to use scrolls. Smile

PvP Observation. - imported_Tabion - 11-18-2007

There is more skill in using your supplies sparingly and at the exact moment you need to.

PvP Observation. - imported_Nemo - 11-18-2007

Im sorry this had been argued over and over, the pvp will not change, You do need to Gm healing because if you fail to hail in a tourney your ****ed.
Magery not really, unless you like hunting then Gming magery is a NEED because EV cannot be casted at low magery

And i don't think that you will be wasting a potion every time you need to heal, Thats why you need healing.

Seriously guys.

I wish I could Lock this thread.

PvP Observation. - imported_Silverwolf - 11-18-2007

The PVP isn't going to change, so why complain about it. You need GM healing to rez people so it's not completely useless and to get better aids which are very usefull. To tell you the truth, if you start killing everyone than say its useless than theres something to argue about. If it isnt a challenege to know when to fs/drink pots then own people... I dont understand why it would be hard, seems easy, so do it? Right?

And yes, FS does takes resources. It takes the same resources that a regular flamestrike out of your book does, it was just prepared earlier. So it uses the same ammounts of supply if you werent to use the scroll... so its the same difference with a better twist.

PvP Observation. - imported_Diabolical - 11-19-2007

I can't believe I got to explain everything in complete detail to everyone on this shard, it's getting REALLY annoying. The title of my post was "PvP Observation". People get awfully defensive over my observations because they're closer to fact than anything.

Regardless of what's easy and what's not, there's right and then there's wrong. Healing wasn't intended to only be used for ressing. There's Ahnks, Healers, and an 8th circle spell for that. If the only reason I GM'ed healing was to res people, I got ripped off, hard.

I just honestly don't see much fun in this. If it's so flawless, then how come there's so much controversy when it comes to this subject? I've read too many post to count about the same shit.

What is sounds like to me is a bad case of players who can only play 1 way, rather is right or wrong, and they're not going to try to make it better.

Scrolling is only fun for so long, the shit gets boring, and no one is going to want to PvP. People crying about having to wear gear to PvP, it's just nuts. I've never in my life seen UO so carebearish where the players want EVERYTHING hand fed to them, wether is be kills they couldn't get without items (i.e scrolls) all of the way to dungeon runes.

I just never thought i'd see the day where Sphere PvP was item based.

PvP Observation. - imported_Diabolical - 11-19-2007

Oh yeah, on another note, did I mention it's the most boring thing to watch? I seriously about fell asleep. I had to get on the forums just to stay awake, and that's not a joke.

PvP Observation. - imported_Dotjr - 11-19-2007

I'm new to this shard, but I did a lot of pvping in my days, so diabolical, I feel you.

PvP Observation. - imported_TREVAS - 11-19-2007

Diabolic, you read my mind =D

PvP Observation. - imported_Nemo - 11-19-2007

Healing is not useless....
I use bandages during pvp all the time....

Guys not only Diabolical

In:X

is IN RP
XUO PVP

(What is sounds like to me is a bad case of players who can only play 1 way, rather is right or wrong, and they're not going to try to make it better.)

How about you try it next time? Its fine. and wont change.

PVP WILL
NOT
CHANGE

So stop making useless posts about it.

Wheres Elcid? lol

PvP Observation. - Nex - 11-19-2007

Elvid don't lock this ****ing thread. We need to discuss more about this shit.