Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PvP Observation.

Agreed Kreole.

And Smurtle, You have YET to add anything constructive to any arguement on this board. You whine more than most, so shut it. My post was positive and constructive yet you see it as a crybaby post. Thats just you, being an ass hat.

Shut your mouth and grow up, we're making OBSERVATIONS not attacks.

i also see them as post from crybabies who haven't even tried

Kreole Ragehead Wrote:I pretty much agree that the xuo pvp is, well alittle different. I don´t really think you need to be more skilled to master it just used to it. I went to a tourney yesterday and as many others didn´t even get to fight, which was good because i would´ve instant died against this pvp style. Was a good lesson but i feel that the Xuo pvp style is mostly used in the tourneys, so let them have it, because out in the fields there aren´t unlimited access to supplies and if you just survive the first 3 flamestrikes you probably could use the normal pvp we non-xuoers are familiar with. This is just what I´m guessing though so I´ll report back when i got more flesh on my bones but for now, let them have their tourneys. I won´t enter them anymore because it´s not my style of fun. Maybe we could have one of those IN staffmembers to make all us who´s not from Xuo an event that isn´t autosupply etc. Maybe it´d make everyone happy? Worth a shot at least.

"XUO PvP" is not "autosupplied tourneys" tho. We will have plenty of tourneys without autosupply in the future, so there won't have to be "special IN-tourneys" or whatever, no worries there.

The PvP style is very fun once you get used to it, since scrolls and pots are used pretty much it's just a lil faster and more exciting PvP. So I believe that you'll love it once you've learned it.

A new pvp is always "hard" and usually feels "weird / bad" at first, but it's a real balanced pvp which is real fun, so try it out for a while and you'll see :]

Regards,
Hate

Allanon Wrote:Concur and Concur some more.

In any case, I am from IN:R, and I was one of the best pvpers if not the best there (Some will Argue, But you all know its true)

And I am being open minded to the pvp, I have adapted to fight fire with fire.

I made scroll hotkeys, because I needed to. I threw in .wop spam into these , because I needed to.

And I entered into a replacement tourney the other day, Which might I add, are a very boring and slow tourney to be in. Its a cool idea, but I would like to see a supply your own 1v1 with 8 boxes, so things not only go quicker but make more sense.

In any case, I start off fighting against Preacor Lloth, someone who I know is a good pvper.

My first tourney I didn't even get to fight, this one I did.

I lasted about 10 or 15 minutes against him and I felt good about that. But heres what I noticed, If I turned my sound up, the ENTIRE TIME I heard Slurp Slurp AHHH (scroll noise)

The entire time everyone was spamming gheal pot and mana pot, It was fun in some aspects but it doesn't give us a real gauge of pvp. No one carries 100 manas or 100 of every scroll.

I honestly think, that for the IN guys, and those not from XUO we should be able to have a FREE pvp room, Set up somewhat like this but with limited supplies, So we can learn to pvp, give us a chance to adapt and then take our Suggestions to heart, because by then you will have known we HONESTLY tried.

I don't think the pvp is bad, I just think it is much more item based than you all think.

The PvP is only slow if you either fight somebody whose just healing all the time and never does offensive spells, or if none of the two fighters in the duel knows how to attack properly. I doubt the PvP would be slow if you were fighting people like Juanin, the Omegas, Depth or somebody else that knows the XUO PvP good enough to know when to attack to kill somebody.

Anyways almost everybody fighting at XUO at the moment has not been PvPing for over 1 year since XUO were down for more than 1 year before IN-X opened, so even the most powerful fighters back in the days may be a lil rusty now, I dunno. I myself haven't even tried to PvP yet since IN-X opened.

Another thing that may make duels slow in none-autosupplied duels is that most people whom do not have scrolls or pots (or very few of them) may play real defensive, and only attack when they know they'll kill you since they don't have enough supplies to "waste them" if they do not actually kill you.

Anyways I'm sure that if you were great at the IN pvp you'll adjust to thisone soon enough and kill people fast, but in the beginning everybody's a "newb", until they learn how to handle the PvP.

Well the PvP may be a lil item based, but in the end it's almost all about pvp-skills tho. The "items" that can make a huge difference is wether you have scrolls and pots, or if you don't. The guy with the scrolls usually wins cause without scrolls it's reeeal slow to kill somebody, but that's just because most people (at least at XUO) knows how to heal good enough to survive normal FSes without scrolls, but with scrolls it's a completely different story, then the PvP is usually real fast unless both the fighters are great at surviving dumps. Another item that can make a difference is wether you have an good armor or a crap one, but that's just common sense - I mean if you have an crap armor then u are to be hit harder than if u have an good armor, it's like that at any shard I've ever played, so it's not "more item based" than other shards when it comes to that I would have to say. Same goes for weapons - common sense - the better weapons the harder u hit. I have however seen some players from XUO beat good guys NAKED, with just a real good weapons and scrolls, but that requires good pvp knowledge, and that's not something you get in a month.

I wish you and everybody else the best of luck to learn this new PvP style, and I seriously believe that you will love it once you've learned it properly. :]

Regards,
Hate

P.S: Was that tourney you didn't get to fight in a replacement tourney? If it was then I can see why you didn't get to fight, if your team was winning that is. But if it was an 1v1 tourney then you should always get to fight at least once, and of course more if or when you win your way through towards the finals. What tourney did you not get to fight in? D.S

Replacement was it.

We need more diversity in events.

Diabolical Wrote:I can't believe I got to explain everything in complete detail to everyone on this shard, it's getting REALLY annoying. The title of my post was "PvP Observation". People get awfully defensive over my observations because they're closer to fact than anything.

Regardless of what's easy and what's not, there's right and then there's wrong. Healing wasn't intended to only be used for ressing. There's Ahnks, Healers, and an 8th circle spell for that. If the only reason I GM'ed healing was to res people, I got ripped off, hard.

I just honestly don't see much fun in this. If it's so flawless, then how come there's so much controversy when it comes to this subject? I've read too many post to count about the same shit.

What is sounds like to me is a bad case of players who can only play 1 way, rather is right or wrong, and they're not going to try to make it better.

Scrolling is only fun for so long, the shit gets boring, and no one is going to want to PvP. People crying about having to wear gear to PvP, it's just nuts. I've never in my life seen UO so carebearish where the players want EVERYTHING hand fed to them, wether is be kills they couldn't get without items (i.e scrolls) all of the way to dungeon runes.

I just never thought i'd see the day where Sphere PvP was item based.

Simply put... Agree.

Yeah. Just my two cents. I really like N0vus PVP style...I also really liked Santiagos PvP style because of the importance of poison and cure, which made it a really fast PVP. If they had not had total mana refresh potions weapons and armor would have been much more important. Ive played this PVP a bunch both on old XUO and to some extent c0refailure but it has always seemed like its missing something.

HAHAHA. I just remembered another shard that wasnt too bad...alphanine

I find that this Pvp is all about strategy, you have to be quick and smart to be able to counter your oponent, it is not like Old N-ovus Opiate where all you do is wait 4 that big hit and fs the guy 5 times. This pvp requires you to imagine what the guy is goihng to do because his spam is messing with you, he can fs you without warning [NOS] or with warning and use less mana [XUO] even tho, mix the two to create deadly combos with some lights added, the other person must heal out with exact timing using spell, scroll and pot when needed, after the heal out, counters can be a factor as well as double triple.... counters. The pvp is very exciting, it just takes time to get used too, Magery and Healing are big parts of any shard, if your lazy, dont macro and dont complain, everyone has to macro it, its not going to change. When you finish macroing your skills go out and duel. I guarantee you will enjoy this pvp once you become aquainted to it.

Thank You.

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

This PvP is real advanced and hard to learn for new players. We did not want to make an easy-to-learn PvP to make everybody happy just because they can learn it easy and kill people fast. Instead we want to make an real hard pvp style that requires a lot of practice and a lot of patience to get good at, but once you are good at it you'll love it.

The PvP here at IN-X has been worked on over many years, and it is one of the few things that makes the IN-X merge IN+XUO, we do not want to rip out the XUO part of the IN-X merge. We will keep it this way, it is a big part of XUO legacy and when you come to play at IN-X you come here because we have a good roleplay environment AND an HARD AND CHALLANGING but REAL FUN PvP-style. Don't try to change it, adept to it, if you haven't been able to learn it in a few months then post and complain, but don't do it yet, it takes time to learn an hard pvp style, but it is real fun once you've learned it. It does requires some thinking, you can not just do stupid attacks and expect to still be alive, and it does require nice tactics, but that is also an POSITIVE thing. If people do stupid stuff then they deserve to loose the duel, or at least risk loosing it, real hard PvP = real fun PvP, at least when you've started to learn it.

It's a lot more fun (according to me) to learn a hard pvp-style that not everybody is good at. It is a lot more fun to be good at such a pvp-style than an PvP style that everybody can be good at.

This is not an newbie friendly PvP-environment. If you come here then expect to get your ass kicked plenty of times before you've learned the PvP style, but once you've learned it you'll love it, and then you'll get your revenge at the people who killed you when you were a newbie at the pvp.

I dunno what else to say, but please try to respect that this PvP is the XUO legacy, and that we really want to keep it, because it is real fun, we would not fight for it this much if it wasn't. Do you see any polls about XUO players wanting to change the roleplay, or to stop the roleplay friendly environment? I think they've done a great job adepting to the merge, now please try to that you too, I know you can, it's just a matter of accepting that this is the way the PvP is going to be, and once you do that I think you'll enjoy it. Fight hard, practice hard - one day you can win your own duels and be all happy because YOU WILL BE GOOD AT A PVP STYLE THAT IS HARD TO MASTER! Big Grin

Regards,
Hate

Aww. I luff j00 Hate.Tongue

Smurtle Wrote:Aww. I luff j00 Hate.Tongue

I do too.. He's my better half... hehe