Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PvP Observation.

Yes it was a long time ago.. I know that he did remove the ability to make them at some point.. just not 100% sure when. Like I said though he gave a warning about it and let ppl keep using the ones they already had. Which meant everyone still had them.

No they were never removed

I read the first 3 pages and some of the others. Not all of them.

First: XUO…IN1…. That server Bullsh*t STOP IT. IMO and I said in my opinion. I think XUO are whiners and N1 are open for whatever is good for the shard. Remember that is my opinion. Not trying to piss anyone off. We are now IN:X. So as far as PVM form N1, PvP from Xuo… **** that we are IN:X we need our own sh*t. The fact of what is not XUO and N1 is just fu*king ridiculous.

Second : I need to say one thing… Nemo shut up. Thank you!!! It is people like you that make this topic so touchy. The pvp here needs to modified there is nothing wrong with that. XUO never played it didn’t like it. Nothing will ever replace Nov-us in PVP. I came here because it said 51a scripted RunUO server. I thought damn a Nov-us and everything works. I found a bunch of players that want to cry about re-suiting, pit runes, nude pvp (you pvp to take stuff from other players), Unlimited Tourney resources instead. Where is the fun and risk????? I remember walking from Destard cause I got Pked by Excel. I sure as hell didn’t post on the board about pit runes. I just walked to Trinsic. What happened to that part of the game? Where is it? It is not here. I use to pk with R/R items, special armor, all that good stuff. If I lost it I would just have to win a tourney again. That or not run into KoC.  I think you players need to spend time playing the game instead of *****ing about it. Nov-us there was no spamming of .WOP. I am glad people think is crap. I am not healing unless my life goes down not cause I seen KAL VAS FLAM at 400 MPH! WOP is more annoying than anything. The armor to mage damage is a GREAT IDEA. Well cause I am not pkin ppl for regs if I wanted to kill people and get nothing I would duel.

Third: Like I said I came here cause I was like Nov*s on Run Uo can’t go wrong there. Not the case I find a bunch of player crying over little sh*t in the game. (Pit runes at caves, Nude ganking, Unlimited Items in Tourneys) Then I laugh when I read people form Xuo yelling out “CARBEARISH! That is so Care bear!”. CARE BEAR…. That word pisses me off. What is Care Bear? I noticed that Xuo’s use this word more than anyone else. STOP IT! If anything has to do with pvp it is care bearish….What?!?! Ideas are care bearish? If it is good for the server… it is good. Just cause the idea goes against XUO standards, N1 Standards….SO WHAT! I load up the forums everyday and see topics like Pit Runes, Nude Pvping, Unlimited Tourney resources…. That is “care bearish”. Most of these topics were indeed posted by Xuoer’s. Go to OSI you think it is hard here. I bet you get none of these Tongue You either play the game or don’t.

Hate Wrote:Hm, are you sure that was at No-vus? I can't remember them ever being removed until the server closed. All the replicates of No-vus had them in it as well. The first time I played an PvP without total manas was when XUO opened just after No-vus died, so I hightly doubt they removed total manas, but at the same time it's been 100 years since then so I could be wrong, even tho I doubt I am.

Fourth : Nov-us had total manas. i don't think they had them all the way thru.. believe it was just before the pop blew up to 300+

P.s I WOULD LOVE THE PVP TO BE SET BACK TO NOV*S…. That was the glory days. I would like to see a lot from nov*s on here… Game play number 1 not all but some. I love the look(décor., Skills gain) of this shard its way better then nov*s.

***** PvP was primitive.. fun, but old. Ours is based on the same style but slightly more advanced and MUCH more fun.

Ice u miss the point that US XUO ppl got promised that we will keep our PvP, so XUO PvP its staying with no changes cause its the way its meant to be. We dont need a IN:X PvP cause we already have one.

Diabolical Wrote:I can't believe I got to explain everything in complete detail to everyone on this shard, it's getting REALLY annoying. The title of my post was "PvP Observation". People get awfully defensive over my observations because they're closer to fact than anything.

Regardless of what's easy and what's not, there's right and then there's wrong. Healing wasn't intended to only be used for ressing. There's Ahnks, Healers, and an 8th circle spell for that. If the only reason I GM'ed healing was to res people, I got ripped off, hard.

I just honestly don't see much fun in this. If it's so flawless, then how come there's so much controversy when it comes to this subject? I've read too many post to count about the same shit.

What is sounds like to me is a bad case of players who can only play 1 way, rather is right or wrong, and they're not going to try to make it better.

Scrolling is only fun for so long, the shit gets boring, and no one is going to want to PvP. People crying about having to wear gear to PvP, it's just nuts. I've never in my life seen UO so carebearish where the players want EVERYTHING hand fed to them, wether is be kills they couldn't get without items (i.e scrolls) all of the way to dungeon runes.

I just never thought i'd see the day where Sphere PvP was item based.

This Post is problably the best post ever written on this forum, you all SHOULD really listen to him, It's comepletly 100% true every line of it, but I know your all idiots, so I know it won't happend.. Still ;/

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... They can't get away this time"

chaO!! Wrote:Ice u miss the point that US XUO ppl got promised that we will keep our PvP, so XUO PvP its staying with no changes cause its the way its meant to be. We dont need a IN:X PvP cause we already have one.

You are missing the point that N1 and Xuo are dead..DEAD!

I don't care what was promised to you. Understand that this is a new shard nothing is going to be exactly the same. There had been tweaks added to Loot and everything for PVM. Do you hear the N1’s crying about it?? I don’t because it is the good of the shard. Nothing will ever be the same. I read these forums every day, I see post after post about PVP here. It’s the new players and the n1 players all complaining about it. They have some suggestion to help it out and you guys going into emo defense mode. “WE WERE PROMISED”. N1 was promised PVM is it the same… NO ( from what I have read). As far as I am concerned you were promised the basis of Xuo Pvp. You can’t have the same pvp as Xuo… This is not XUO.

Ps. Wasn’t it the Xuoers the ones asking about pit runes cause hunting was to hard??? Shouldn’t only the N1 have a say in PVM cause that is what they were promised? You guys can offer suggestions but no one else can?? Xuoers need to drop the ego. You guys are not the only ones to play anymore.

IceCube Wrote:You are missing the point that N1 and Xuo are dead..DEAD!

I don't care what was promised to you. Understand that this is a new shard nothing is going to be exactly the same. There had been tweaks added to Loot and everything for PVM. Do you hear the N1’s crying about it?? I don’t because it is the good of the shard. Nothing will ever be the same. I read these forums every day, I see post after post about PVP here. It’s the new players and the n1 players all complaining about it. They have some suggestion to help it out and you guys going into emo defense mode. “WE WERE PROMISED”. N1 was promised PVM is it the same… NO ( from what I have read). As far as I am concerned you were promised the basis of Xuo Pvp. You can’t have the same pvp as Xuo… This is not XUO.

Ps. Wasn’t it the Xuoers the ones asking about pit runes cause hunting was to hard??? Shouldn’t only the N1 have a say in PVM cause that is what they were promised? You guys can offer suggestions but no one else can?? Xuoers need to drop the ego. You guys are not the only ones to play anymore.

He's right... IN players don't complain about not receiving anything from the merge, except when XUO players try to use that point as a defense. Really, IN didn't get anything specific from the merge, so stop trying to use "We were promised PvP, so it will not change" as a valid defense for your argument, although it is actually true.

n0x* Wrote:***** PvP was primitive.. fun, but old. Ours is based on the same style but slightly more advanced and MUCH more fun.

Where is the N1 staff??? Is that why pvp is so much the same and PVM is different? I think that staff is a little unequal from the 2 servers. It is like the players and staff that are from Xuo are afraid to have openminds.(not all) Like Diabolical said.. can only play 1 way, that goes all the way to the top. The fact that nothing happens to PVP becasue of staff use to play XUO is BullS**t.

What is so advanced about it??? The fact that you have nude pking? You carry GH Pots, Scrolls, and a Elven Bow???? Killing ppl and looting nothing? What is so fun that in a tourney you see 400 words a minute? Unlimited resources? I am still trying to find the fun. Can someone tell me where it is? To the look of things your PVP is primitive. WOP is not advancing pvp... it is annoying pvp. I wore platemail PVPin on Nov-us you guys don't even do that here. How is that more advanced? What is the same style? The fact that you use the same spells???? That is sphere not the style of your pvp. How is something that is so basic be out of the reach of your minds? You Xuoer love everything as long as you are not out of you comfort zone.

The fact that you only need swords to pvp is dumb too. Weapon damage is off. Does that mean we can't raise and equal out the other weapons so every combat is good to use?
No.... cause well that is against XUO pvp!!!! Is it me or does that just sound Ignorant???

Concur and Concur some more.

In any case, I am from IN:R, and I was one of the best pvpers if not the best there (Some will Argue, But you all know its true)

And I am being open minded to the pvp, I have adapted to fight fire with fire.

I made scroll hotkeys, because I needed to. I threw in .wop spam into these , because I needed to.

And I entered into a replacement tourney the other day, Which might I add, are a very boring and slow tourney to be in. Its a cool idea, but I would like to see a supply your own 1v1 with 8 boxes, so things not only go quicker but make more sense.

In any case, I start off fighting against Preacor Lloth, someone who I know is a good pvper.

My first tourney I didn't even get to fight, this one I did.

I lasted about 10 or 15 minutes against him and I felt good about that. But heres what I noticed, If I turned my sound up, the ENTIRE TIME I heard Slurp Slurp AHHH (scroll noise)

The entire time everyone was spamming gheal pot and mana pot, It was fun in some aspects but it doesn't give us a real gauge of pvp. No one carries 100 manas or 100 of every scroll.

I honestly think, that for the IN guys, and those not from XUO we should be able to have a FREE pvp room, Set up somewhat like this but with limited supplies, So we can learn to pvp, give us a chance to adapt and then take our Suggestions to heart, because by then you will have known we HONESTLY tried.

I don't think the pvp is bad, I just think it is much more item based than you all think.

Then how about shutting the hell up for more than a day and try it out. Report back in a week to two weeks with your thoughts, screen shots, recorded videos.

Something, anything other than your incessant ****ing crying.

Defend this, attack that. The first thing new people see is "Wow, everyone's a douche. Bye."

Yes, believe it or not, you're all douches. ;/ So, shape up. Post some damn evidence to back your claims. I'm not trusting these crybaby posts.

I pretty much agree that the xuo pvp is, well alittle different. I don´t really think you need to be more skilled to master it just used to it. I went to a tourney yesterday and as many others didn´t even get to fight, which was good because i would´ve instant died against this pvp style. Was a good lesson but i feel that the Xuo pvp style is mostly used in the tourneys, so let them have it, because out in the fields there aren´t unlimited access to supplies and if you just survive the first 3 flamestrikes you probably could use the normal pvp we non-xuoers are familiar with. This is just what I´m guessing though so I´ll report back when i got more flesh on my bones but for now, let them have their tourneys. I won´t enter them anymore because it´s not my style of fun. Maybe we could have one of those IN staffmembers to make all us who´s not from Xuo an event that isn´t autosupply etc. Maybe it´d make everyone happy? Worth a shot at least.