Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Words of Power are useless.

ScareCrow Wrote:oooo and by the way baddie, alot of the xuo players were ex ***** players... they didnt laugh, they loved it and were pretty damn good at it, i think the ***** players would laugh at you.. because your bad.. and you criticize Xuo pvp which is obviously because i can trick you by spamming a fake fs... you must be terrible.. do you know what page your greater heal is on btw?.. im curious.. STFU and get used to it. Theres tonsa shit i have to get used to, and im dealing with it, dont talk shit about the pvp, you were a nobody on Old ***** Opiate and your going to be that same nobody here.

It's nothing to do with being tricked you dipshit, it's about being lame, which is exactly what you are. Batman called wants it's douche back. Wasn't it you who got killed by a bunch of blues, one of the blues was my friend and he doesn't even have 50 magery, so laugh it up newbsauce, I've been watching your troll ass, and there's nothing I should be worried about other understand your broken ass English posts on this forum.

[SIZE="4"]____________Vote for IN:X______________[/SIZE]

[Image: Top100.jpg] [Image: votenew.jpg]
[SIZE="4"]____________________________________[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Diabolical [DSL]

OK I read the first few points and I figured I'd end this locked thread with an explanation of why Word of Power is useful. I don't want all you people to think that it's just some lame shit that we added to make the PvP suck, or to help "less good people" kill people with no skills required or whatever you think it's all about. Now listen up.

The reason we have word of power spams is not to make pvp "easier" for person using it, it is about making it more challanging and harder for the person whose fighthing against it.

I've pvped at XUO for years. Not fighting against (or with) the spam makes PvP so slow and boring. How fun is it when you know exactly when somebody is healing? When you know exactly when somebody is casting an offensive attack at you? What's the fun in that? - Ok here comes an flamestrike, lets hit the greater heal button...

Come on, that's just no fun. The fun is in not knowing when somebody will cast. You'll always have to be prepared and know that as soon as u drop below 100 hp there is a chance (even tho it may be an small one at high HP) that somebody will flamestrike you or dump you. You'll always have to be ready to heal up if he attacks, but at the same time always try to get an good hit and get the advantage again so that HE has to be worried that YOU may be flamestriking him at this very moment.

Another good thing about wop spam is that you can counter-attack people with it. If for example somebody is flamestriking you, and you know that he's using XUO scrolls for example, then you can decide to flamestrike back at him instead and surprise him completely when he thinks you're healing. You can also reflect yourself without him having any idea, so he has to be prepared for that as well.

It's just so much more challanging and fun with wop. If you do not use it an fight will be all about healing when somebody hits you hard, and bandaging when somebody hits u low but does not flamestrike. If the guy decides to flamestrike instead all u have to do is hit the greater heal button. If somebody reflects all u have to do is cancel it if he started his reflect before u started your FS, and if u started your FS first then he has to cancel it or switch to heal. It's all so very basic and boring. It's not about "reading your opponent" but about looking at what he casts and hit the heal / flamestrike button depending on what. How fun is that?

I may be a lil partial regarding this issue, but that is only because I have been playing at several shards with no spam, and after a while people just realize just how boooring it becomes. That is why we added fake spells in teh first place. No spam causes the fights to take hours between good people. Even WITH spam it could take a long time when two good people were fighting at XUO, but at least it was not an boring ass fight, but an intense interesting fight with a lot of unexpected attacks and fun stuff. Two people knowing how to read each other, two people fighting real nice and good, just not two people knowing how to hit the heal button when they see an offensive spell being cast...

That and so much more makes wop spam increase the fun in sphere PvP sooo much..

Wop spams may be used by some people at ganking, but I never use it there. I think that it's pretty useless for ganking except for perhaps if you are on ventrilo or team speak with your friend and can tell him when you're casting an spell instead of him having to see it in-game.

A solution to "stopping wop spam during ganking" would be to make it so that people only see it if they're real close to the spamming guy (for example in an 1v1 fight). The bad thing about that is that some people may use that to help their friend if they're observing an 1v1 fight between two people, at a distance. But anyways that's one solution to the ganking issue..

.. But seriously, like you said, it's very easy to read what the other guys are doing during an gank, so what does it matter if they spam during the gank or not? what's important is that the wop spam is useful during 1v1 duels, and it is, trust me, you'll just have to fight and try it out.

There's always some people (like Fallzone for example) that may not like it even tho they have played with it, but almost everybody from XUO enjoys it, and knows why it is so good and makes the pvp even better. Like I said above - it is not about spamming yourself, it is about reading the opponents spam, and there by improving the fun in PvP A LOT. :]

I hope this helped you realize that spam is actually a pretty good thing. Try it out a couple of times and try "surprise tactics" against your friends, then try them against other people and see if it works :] It can be loads of fun actually! I wish you the best of luck in your practice to get to know and love the spam the way we do! :]

Regards,
Hate