Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Leave The PvP How it IS!

KSE25rs Wrote:Macroing is a part of the game. If you wanna get skills by actually doing it by attending the keyboard, do so. But your not going to have a chance at pvp as you all ready can tell. You can go around and explore all you want, and people can kill you all they want. Macro when you go to bed, play when you wake up. Not that hard of a concept.

New people will have a hard time playing this server, as a matter of fact, any server. It took me about a full yearn to fully understand everything and start to get good. I was a huge noob that first year, and never really got to pvp.

Also, theres tons of other towns than Brit to macro and many places to hunt that pks dont go to.

Plus one to all points, especially the second one, heh.

Been a OLD XUO player i seen 3 xuo come in my life time so far, i been around ince COREFAILURE for those who dont know me & my homie silverwolf, just too give you a breif crash cours about where i'm coming from. Back on corefailure you had alot of diffrent things to do even though pvp was #1 you still could rpg or what ever you want to call it. You had players that didnt pvp much but help the economy by making armor, hunting and doing other things that players didnt do so that they could have the items. When i started off i was shit but yet i was running around with nice armors not the best but i had armors to start off with and how did i get this...? just go occlo and loot some pkers and hope they didnt see me and i could recall out. I got Regs & many other resorce that help me in the game play when i started off. A shame CF went down and i was stuck just going from server to server and i experience many servers BEFORE coming back to CF that became XUO i played many servers all type of pvp and i got to admit xuo was the best one.

Now the real question is armor going to affect the game play.. i think not cause CF and XUO-1 had armor involve in the game play it was only XUO 2 that the game play change and using a armor became less of a option it was all about naked fighting. No offence to all these new xuo players but yall talk alot of massaaaaaa(shit) xuo was never about naked fight because since day one when i started on that server 4 or 5years ago i would remember people like MAJIN BUU, spyro, Mark, slapphappy, ordith, hitman, dildo & smeagol just to name a few old schoolers that would run around with gear on and when they die they drop a loot that was better then a MONSTER looot(all these players they would kill other players and get too lazy to bank there items and just run around with all there loot till they die.) When i got better at uo i used armor all the time back in the day i would go brit or occlo in nice armor even though i wasent the best at pvp i would cause armor like shadow, dev, opiate ect was not hard to come across. even might, force and power weapons where easly come across because people didnt care about loosing a few items and thats what made the game fun.

I dont know what mining and hunting is like the diffeculty on this server yet, but if you make shadow or copper more of a commen armor easy to make easy too mine get players to spend more times take a few minutes to mine a shadow armor or a couple hours to stock up on there items. then i think the you will see player running around with more items.
Something that i didnt like on XUO2 was THERE WAS NO WEAPONS to use might or force should be 2 weapons that monsters drop frequently and on xuo2 there was non of these. IT should be so frequent that you throw them out when you get them give them away to new players for free. i remember it was like that on CF & xuo1 force & might you would find them and give it too a new player or leave them in britain bank on floor.

Another example that made the game fun was CREWS people had 4 to 5 man crews and would wear all the same type of armor and just sit in occlo or go brit bridge and wait for some action and off cours these crew all had the same armor on or was wearing something, when they die they would drop armor, weap, regs, and sometimes alot of SCROLLS if you have 4noobs waiting around to loot one of them when they die it made it fun, yea you had to restock sometimes but you would go back and try to kill who ever looted or kill you to get your items or your team would do it while you restock. It should be your chiose if you want to wear amor but i think we should incorage people to wear and use there items so it just does not sit in your bank and do nothing.

anyways thats all i half to say if you think i'm wrong well prove me wrong but i dont give a SHIT cause i know what i know i seen many people come and go, i think in players could learn xuo pvp & xxuo players will need in player cause they mine they craft items that xuo players need to pvp so why not just include armor more in the game dont need to do EB just make armor & force weapon more easy to get so players can have them use

:icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:
Kokane was here

Damn i didnt know i wrote that much lol

Dont know how to start but ill do my best...

I hear lot of xuo players winning, but im used to that hehehe Tongue imo you are only looking nowdays and thinking u wont affort so many costs etc etc... but ofc... dont expect to get all stuff in the first weeks or months.. the idea of EB is pretty nice imo and for all xuo players... you ( we ) are always talking about skills etc etc.. so isnt skilled to know when to cast eB or FS? whats ur problem wearing an armor.. yeah maybe in the frist months u wont afford all costs but being realistic ... nothing is easy in this so get used to and dont expect to get everything in 2 weeks.... i think the EB thing is pretty nice and will make the stuff more valuable by all, imo an armor is as important as a FS o a reg.. what the hell is a warrior fighting with no armor? thats not skill.... the EB thing wont change our style so stop crying and see the good things this can be in the future...

U¨are always thinking about if u loose... but what happend if u kill the other guy ? u will get an armor too not only regs pots and scrolls... so i vote for THE EB thing Wink

I SAID!

I agree with many of Kokane's points especially about making weapons other then ruin, and the occasional of might weapon available on more monster spawns. The only place I have seen any weapons other then those are on the Guardian of Destard which spawns like every hour or so and is camped so hard people who don't roll around with 2-5 people can never acquire its loot.

~Zorus, Tallmen, Garm, Syn, Senteil, etc IN1
~Seven Locks, Syn IN:R

~Admin Syn, Damien, Mary Jane - ONO
~Syn, some other random names - XUO
~Syn, Dodge Omni Turbo, Mary Jane - Navid1aUO

EVE Name: Slaquer ...sold my old account ;/

I agree that we need to enforce armors. People playing this game, and I know many of them, are too poon to take out armors/weps they find. They have sets of armors in their house/banks. Tell me what good is something if it isn't being used for what it's intended for. Since when are armors decoration and a pretty thing to look at?

I mean there are a few that you will keep aside, maybe max 2-3, depending on the amount of rare/high armors. The rest people shouldnt be chicken and keep them in the bank, if everyone uses their armors they mine, you give reason for people to go to occlo and kill you, the part of gank is the numerous things you loot. nowadays you see people running around naked trying to own people, I mean it's cool cause you're all color/clothing coordinated but it brings no value to pking.

I say that we implement this EB thing aswell because if people are too chicken to wear something half decent when they are PK'ing, than they shouldnt pk at all... What good is it killing someone with pots/scrolls when you used pots/scrolls to kill them? What variety of loot do you have, what motiviation and encouragement do you have to kill the next person? If you saw everyone with opiate/valorite/snow/etc... In a town you would be like "DAMN, lets kill that dude."

Further more, imagine 6-7 other clans with 5-6 players in each of those carrying armor aswell, now you have people wanting to gank. If people want to run around naked, you should make EB like 50 damage, so they know not to run around without protection. This game is based on the old school living style back in I dont know when, and back than, if you went to fight someone without armor your ass would die instantly, ***** would just shank your ass...

We need to make sure that hunting is also effected, meaning hunters have armor too and if theyre naked that monsters would beat their ass's aswell... Getting an FS by a monster bare naked would hurt a lot IRL now wouldnt it? Dont we all agree that we need armor?

Aswell... If we're going to implement this idea of making EB, or all spells not ONLY EB, we should make it so certain low armors/weps are easier to loot/mine. Like Kokane said, if you increase one half of the game play, the other half of the game play needs to be on the same end. We should make it so theres different levels of armors;

EASY: such as shadow/iron/copper/oldcopper/ and few more

Moderate: (average ores to mine): shadow/havoc (if we even have it) valorite, etc... (you get my point, I havent mined so I dont know the armors in this shard lol)

Hard: Blackrock, Adamantium, etc...

That being said, It's important that the percentages of all spells be increased, at different rates ofcourse, and that will enforce people to actually put on armor, which I believe to be a very crucial part of the game. You need to protect yourself, especially as a warrior.

Conclusion: Increase the spells in general, at different rates depending on the spell. Increase the drop rate of items such as ruin/fight/force so they drop more often giving people weapons of value to use while ganking. And setup a system where certain armors arent so hard to get but are still of value so people have a reason to go out there and PK someone and take their ITEMS rather then always RESOURCES.

ps: I remember not even having to mine because of all the armors I used to loot back in the day, that was the best system there was. You need to have something to die for and at the same time something to kill for...

yuh dig?

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

i dig. preach on brother wulf. Agree 100% with ap.

ooga booga

I agree with you Silver, but i'm not sure what you mean about "increasing" the easyness to get cheap ores. Maybe you just mean increase the amount you get per vein, but i think they're already pretty abundant. I don't think anyone would complain about it being slow to gather "junk" ores.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

pvp is nice.

[Image: sigpic786_3.gif]

I agree with the previous posts. I also beleive that the "rare" armors should be much harder to get. And more efficent as well.
A difference from 13 ar, bloodrock, which is kinda common, to the best armor really isnt that much. I beleive armors should be bumped up, special ores harder to get, and same with weps as well. just my 2 cents

I don't like this whole EB armor thing. Its going to make it longer to resuit now. I HATE HATE HATE having to resuit. Its the biggest pain in the ass. This is basically placing the role of stimulating the economy on the PVPers hands. We already do this enough with purchasing massive amounts of scrolls and pots. I like to live off the loot i get from pking. This is gonna force me to go out and make money so i can buy some stupid armor. Maka please don't tell me your supporting this idea when you were the one in tourneys naked. I just wanna be a casual player who enjoys to pk. When i looted armor I wore it, please don't force me to have it on me at all times.