Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carebear server, PvP server and RP server in one

Well, there are certainly annoyances. For instance: I decided to train swords on an ettin like yesterday. It's at 80,6 real. I hit that ettin for like half hour with a butcher knife and healed him. When i came back it was still 80,6. What the hell?
I've just decided im not gonna train anything anymore tbh and walk around naked with fs regs and gank people. Seriously, its too slow. I'm not gonna bother training anything anymore unless its tweaked. I'm glad i at least got to import a char with 80ish magery and inscription or id just quit the shard all together. I thought you guys said combat skills would be easy somewhat.
Besides, and dont call me a pessimist here btw, we all know uo shards dont last forever. Who knows how long is this one gonna last this time? Why put in too much effort and work? Do you realy expect people to train for weeks before they get to play? I mean, healing alone took 24/7 5 days to gm from 80(from 80!).

And i also dont get why you guys tweaked all prices on craft skills. Macroing is work, you know. Tbh imo this is crushing everything uo stands for. You cant train alchemy, carp, inscr, etc without losing cash, when the normal would be to make some cash. Takes weeks, months even, and people are gonna lose cash to top it off? Is the reward to be able to make your own mana/gh potions etc? Cheaper to buy/loot them honestly. I just dont get it.
Atm the only thing im training is tailoring because its free(not telling how). Also only trained healing for the same reason. And even still, im pretty tired of macroing tailor. I started at 50'ish, and its realy slow! Like 0.2 every 2k cloth. There is no reason to make it this slow. The "aaaaawesome" dye tub reward or even some special leather armor isnt an excuse either! On any uo shard you would gain some cash with the training for your time and trouble, AND it wouldnt take this long.

Anyway cry, scream, yell at me. From now on I'm naked with fs (much like most pks ive seen tbh). Since i dont have swordsmanship and im not training it. Call me a whiner, whatever you want. I'm just saying what im gonna do. And i dont seem to be alone at all. Viva la nude pvp gank, join the club too.Cool

[Image: nori32ef6.png]
-Ya. I'm Oracle. Cry more.

Not exactly on topic but naked ganking is fun. Tongue

Enough with that Care Bear bullshit. We want our players to be comfortable, but at the same time they should be facing a good challenge.

Smurtle, you should understand by now that I've been defending the very same principle by defending house banking. You don't see it because you don't agree with it but it's the exact same thing that you use to defend your point:

Quote:From all of my years playing, this has never affected the gameplay, far as I'm concerned it helps it.

It'd just give me a reason to get a house in the first place. As things are getting any type of house would be pretty much useless for me. I'd be willing to compromise with this addition also, for example, to have bank access only to guild houses of well established guilds. One per guild or so. There was already discussion topic for house banking so I won't add any more things about that in here. I'm just saying that some of us are fighting for the very same cause but we just have different ideals.

How about we'd give both suggestions a try? Have pit runes placed into some dungeon entrances and let guilds buy bank boxes for a hefty sum (I think around 250k, like it's for the guild stone, would be suitable). If general population is strictly against either of these features in the future they can be removed. Nothing is written in stone, so why not try things out that won't change gameplay much at this point of the shard development (they might have a bigger impact later when everyone is already used to certain way of things).

On another note, using the word "carebear" to describe any feature isn't very informative. Why not explain your thoughts in more comprehensible and descriptive way? Just saying something is "carebear" will get so many different interpretations that it makes the comment almost useless.

I think you guys also have to understand that balancing skillgain and earnings per skill take time. Changes to craft tables have a direct impact on the entire economy. It's better to start out low on rewards and skillgain speed, and tweak it up, then to start out high and have 20 millionaires running around before you know.

Also in my opinion the main goal of gameplay mechanics should be fun.
For me pit runes would make hunting more fun.
For me, scripted bossfights would make hunting more fun.
I also think an aggro system for monsters would make hunting much more fun, requiring several skilled players to kill a big monster together.

All these changes would, on one hand, make the risk less. And the recover-time shorter. (I wonder what is wrong about a shorter recover-time, I don't think it has anything to do with carebear servers)
On the other hand these changes would make hunting harder, you wouldn't be able to do it alone anymore, and it would require more thought and strategy than just casting EV.

What's wrong about trying to make the gameplay experience more fun?
Fun is ok right?
Cool

I've had the house banking which is why I disagree with it; to an extent. I think a guild storage area wouldn't be bad, or maybe a guild bank box that has to be purchased. That is not a bad idea either.

So, don't go assuming I don't realize we're on the same page. I think we're mentioning things to better the play, just..different things of course. I used to see a lot of house banking and it some what began to affect town/player interaction. It most likely won't happen here, since the count of people is higher than where I was a couple years ago.

It's not such a bad feature now that I examine it more.

I'm game to try it and the pit runes.

Far as saying anything is carebear, I don't use it, and if I do it's only to annoy others who use it frequently to shoot down anything they don't have a likening to or just don't want.

If you're not referring to me in that segment of your post, then disregard this segment. Smile

When it comes to the pit runes id be fine with it if there was more than a 5 second delay... min 1 to a max of 2 minutes, kind of like the stuck option would be good.

When you think about it you have what...15 minutes to get to your body... so with 2 minutes taken off that it should be fine.

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

I don't see having no wait being issue, though.

Smurtle Wrote:I don't see having no wait being issue, though.

Ive hd a few to many beers....soiam gonna stop mkaing posts in this thrad till im sober Smile

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

Haha. Have just one more. For me? I can't drink. ;/

Kudos to you who have expressed yourself reasonably. Don't waste too much time fighting those that didn't. Don't say you're not going to waste your time in your post either - that doesn't help. Rolleyes

My personal stance on the pits rune issue is that i don't like them. Personally, as Tabion said, i think they add a whole new functionality to the game. I was always of the opinion that part of the challenge (i see it as a fair challenge - part of the game design) of hunting, was that you might die, and it would definitely be hard to get back. Dungeons like hythloth were even more risky, because you can't mark or recall inside - i found that interesting.

The fact that you may get pk'ed at any time while hunting means you have to be aware - don't let that daemon repetedly get you down to 40hp so you're an easy target if some guy comes along. Basically, there are many reasons you could die, but the way i see it all of them could be prevented, if you have the skill and resources. I just see those things as a necessary ante if you want to gamble by stepping into that dungeon.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Noriko Wrote:Well, there are certainly annoyances. For instance: I decided to train swords on an ettin like yesterday. It's at 80,6 real. I hit that ettin for like half hour with a butcher knife and healed him. When i came back it was still 80,6. What the hell?
How about if you sparr against something else, like a player..? Ettins and dragons and what ever you've tried so far does not work that well cause they hit you with damage enough to interrupt you.

I've GMed Anatomy, parrying, swords and fencing in ~ 16h, started with 80 in all of them (I have also gained a fair amount of tactics, though this is not GMed). If I would have trained up my healing to 95-99 before sparring, I could have done it in ~ 13-14. So please, UO is a game where knowledge gives you power, don't blame the skill gain when you sparr with an ettin.