Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where will you Gank?

Sorick Wrote:Why do you guys like to gank so much? I never really got the idea of ganking someone as fun... I always liked have a tough fight cause if you win in the end, the loot is much more satisfying. I'm not saying i dont gank, but its usually rarely that i do. ( Not trying to start a flaming post, but why do you guys find ganking so fun? )

For most it's the ulitmate rush. I've always prefered ganking to any type of dueling, save 2v2.

The rush comes from the feeling of ulitmate domniation when your party bands together to end all that are in the way, be they naked or have a prized loot on them. When you're ganking, it doesn't matter- it's about the end of the person's life you come across. Consider it a large wrecking ball and every player that you don't know is a building to be demolished. That's why I gank- it makes it much easier to have more action when you take four people, dominate, then you see enemies banding together to come at you.

It's a fun, chaotic, mess of a time.

Every whereBig Grin?

I'll even be at brit bank getting order boizzzBig Grin

Good thing i wont be doing any pvp with this sort of attitude around Smile

who said there were no ganks, but there were fights on in? isnt it kinda same deal?

- regards, Fable

Fable Wrote:who said there were no ganks, but there were fights on in? isnt it kinda same deal?

I find unfair fights boring thats all. If you guys think its the best thing in the world fine by me. Just leave me out of it :neutral:

Besides im not playing for the pvp part so i shouldnt even be in this thread :p

I'm not entierly sure what you consider to be ganking, but I consider 2v10 to be gankging too, even if you are on the "2 side". 95% of the ganking that I do is being on the side with fewer numbers, no fun if it is to easy:p Ganking is pretty much anything that you do not do alone, and I'm sure that most XUO people consider it the same.

We are looking for hard ganks, not many vs few ones:p

I think INers have a different idea of what ganking is. Ganking for us is pretty lame. It means killing one or 2 guys with a strongly outnumbered team...which to me shows lack of honour. Of course ganking is fun, Im not gonna lie. But if that is all you rely on in way of PvP...then I just feel bad for you. Im not saying Im the best PvPer...**** im so rusty Ill prob be one of the worst for a little, but running around killing newbs and players with 8 guys to me is borderline griefing if its done to a constant. Nuff said

Yeah, there obviously were crews like that on XUO too, but they tend to be the less skilled ones, or just people with way to many friends. If killing doesn't present a challenge, or if you are not killing someone to piss them off (Big Grin), then I see no point in killingBig Grin

My personal opinion has always been that (my definition of) ganking requires a lot more skill and a lot more training to be good at than 1v1. It has more tactics, more sides to it and just a lot more combination of action (running, targeting, changing, ressing, cutting, doors, reflects) than a regular 1v1 does. In my eyes, ganking is the true skill, and I'm a good 1v1/2v2 playerBig Grin

To be good at gank, you need at least two good and coordinate players, in 1v1 you just need oneBig Grin

damn i suck at ganking then ;/ but im good at duelling 1vs1 :icon_twisted:

- regards, Fable

IN'ers are getting the wrong Idea... We don't actually run around in groups of 8 looking for individuals :p. Most gankers run around in a team of 2 and that can also mean taking on 3 or 4+ players and winning. We do not gank 24/7. If we happen to stumble across an enemy or someone worth killing, we do it. I'm sure thats how it worked on IN too.. We do team battles aswell.. 2v2, etc etc.

We also have team based PvP in our tournaments... 1v1 replacement tourneys, 2v2 reps, etc... 2v2 regular, 1v1's... Colour wars, Death Match... loads! Smile. PvP is really fun at our server and if you plan on playing without pvping, you are missing out on a lot of fun!

XUO players do hunt, craft, mine, etc.. It is not just strictly gank.

People are starting to get the wrong idea >_<

I love ganking or pvping 2vs2, its the best of uo for my opnion. It always funny to try to kill 5 guys. And maybe they kill one of you one time but you get ready and go there again. And finally by runnig away and flaming with your partner you kill those 5 guys, OMG this is the best of uo eheh. I usually gank with 1 or 2 guys so it makes that funny Smile

And as maka said its dificult to find a person with that you feel comfortable, that you know that he will heal you and know what you think before saying on who, compenetration is one of the most important parts. Big Grin

Pum Pum Plaka Plaka

Don't you know I'm Loco?

n0x* Wrote:IN'ers are getting the wrong Idea... We don't actually run around in groups of 8 looking for individuals :p.
Ah! I must say, thats exactly what it sounded like, heh.

n0x* Wrote:Most gankers run around in a team of 2 and that can also mean taking on 3 or 4+ players and winning. We do not gank 24/7. If we happen to stumble across an enemy or someone worth killing, we do it. I'm sure thats how it worked on IN too.. We do team battles aswell.. 2v2, etc etc.
On IN1, that was just PVP. But yeah, we did that also. I also agree that 2v2, 3v3, and even 4v4 is far more fun. Beyond that and its basically 4+ people ganking one guy, while 3+ others heal that guy.

n0x* Wrote:People are starting to get the wrong idea >_<
Indeed! Before these explanations, I was almost starting to lose hope for enjoying INX!