Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is shard up?

So, a looooooooong time to macro.Tongue Not that I would complain. Sphere bugs make me cry.

What is the rate of skill gain then?

Smurtle Wrote:So, a looooooooong time to macro.Tongue Not that I would complain. Sphere bugs make me cry.

check out-

http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=898

Smurtle Wrote:So, a looooooooong time to macro.Tongue Not that I would complain. Sphere bugs make me cry.

its sphere skillgain style aswell, repetation based. you can make daggers from 0 to 100 if you like or bandanas from 0-100 in tailoring etc. we have tried to work like sphere as much as possible, id say in the end we want to be 95%+ like a sphere shard. but on runuo2 platfrom so we still can make some cool things and be able to have much more control.

so we dont have to set up rules like "no fields in pits, no attacking in that area, no looting here" etc etc, now we can controll that easy with a region flag instead as a gm. and ofcourse much more security.

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

Ah, nice then. I might try the shard out. I know it has been asked before, but what is the expected date for it to open, give or take a week..?

Smurtle Wrote:Ah, nice then. I might try the shard out. I know it has been asked before, but what is the expected date for it to open, give or take a week..?

That sir is the question upon all our lips!

Smurtle Wrote:Ah, nice then. I might try the shard out. I know it has been asked before, but what is the expected date for it to open, give or take a week..?

We don't really have an answer for that yet, but hopefully soon, almost everything has been done so it should not be that much further now :]

Regards,
Hate

i believe you guys are hard working now andthe server opening seems to be right there , but no offense, if you are working so hard right know then what you've been doing for the past 7 months or so? i mean building a server doesnt take that long since maka ( i believe he's smart but not a genius ) did create the last XUO version in 2 -3 months if im right, and he did it on his own, now you guys come up with the same thing over and over .." it'll be soon" , and i personally believe you guys are laughin at those who have been waiting for the server since the project was brought up for a discussion ( i exclude myself since i havent been waiting for this, but still, everytime i pop up here its all the same ) Just give a damn date and stop disrespecting ppl with lame excuses.This is not a flame post, its just that i'd like to see some things changed ,being lies one of them. Regards

[Image: dextermorgancq0.jpg]

Dramatic Wrote:i believe you guys are hard working now andthe server opening seems to be right there , but no offense, if you are working so hard right know then what you've been doing for the past 7 months or so? i mean building a server doesnt take that long since maka ( i believe he's smart but not a genius ) did create the last XUO version in 2 -3 months if im right, and he did it on his own, now you guys come up with the same thing over and over .." it'll be soon" , and i personally believe you guys are laughin at those who have been waiting for the server since the project was brought up for a discussion ( i exclude myself since i havent been waiting for this, but still, everytime i pop up here its all the same ) Just give a damn date and stop disrespecting ppl with lame excuses.This is not a flame post, its just that i'd like to see some things changed ,being lies one of them. Regards

Blunt and to the point....he prob just said whats all on out minds. It even occured to me they might be trying to build up some hype or excitement by holding us all back. It may be working, but at the same time...the forums have been dead as hell lately. It is one of the few sites that arent blocked through my office, and theres no one to talk to on it. I know these guys are doing what they can, but giving us an idea (which Im sure you all have) would be nice

Dramatic Wrote:i believe you guys are hard working now andthe server opening seems to be right there , but no offense, if you are working so hard right know then what you've been doing for the past 7 months or so? i mean building a server doesnt take that long since maka ( i believe he's smart but not a genius ) did create the last XUO version in 2 -3 months if im right, and he did it on his own, now you guys come up with the same thing over and over .." it'll be soon" , and i personally believe you guys are laughin at those who have been waiting for the server since the project was brought up for a discussion ( i exclude myself since i havent been waiting for this, but still, everytime i pop up here its all the same ) Just give a damn date and stop disrespecting ppl with lame excuses.This is not a flame post, its just that i'd like to see some things changed ,being lies one of them. Regards

It's in the hands of the developers. As far as I know they work hard, and they try to fix all the bugs that people has reported in during the open betas. As soon as all the bugs has been fixed IN-X should open. I can't really determine how good they work since I'm not a developer here at IN-X, but they seem very active so I would assume they work hard.

If they would know a date then they would give you one, but considering it's such a wide range depending on how hard things are to fix I suppose it would just be disapointing to players if they'd tell a date and then they won't be able to keep their promise, unless they open before the server is completely done, and I don't think that would be a good idea.

Maka was working very very hard with IN-X for the first few months (I believe more than three?) so if it would only take three months to get this project on the road then it would've been done before Maka had to cut down on his time. Maka is still helping out with IN-X and it is still taking time, so even if Maka did fix old XUO in three months that doesn't necissary mean that he can fix thisone that fast. We're implementing so much more this time. Creating an bugfree pvp-server (or whatever you'd like to consider XUO) may be done in three months, but this time they do a full conversion, so be patient, it'll be worth it.

Like I said, I'm not an RunUO scripter so I can't really help out much before the server is actually done, but the people that CAN works pretty hard from my point of view, so go easy on them, they don't even get payed to do all this work they've been doing over the past months, and they're still doing an amazing work. I'd say instead of complaining - love them - they're worth it.

Regards,
Hate

lol! no we are not "trying to build up some hype or excitement by holding th shard down"

tbh, the issues that are left do need some more effort, whats takes time is to test out all the skills and loot, so noone can find a economy issue on the shard.

it simply takes time to build up a sphere replica on runuo2, loads of scripts needs to be totally reworked.

and we do not want the shard to go live before we see that you cant find any flaws in the loot system or in the skills system.

also after a big change we need it to be tested and then again mayb reworked again etc etc.

we are doing our best, and we are aware of that it has taken some time, we are all sorry for that but noone wants the shard to go live more than the staff team :eek:

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

There is a few reasons why IN-X has take a little more time than XUO has. First of all, IN-X is A LOT better than XUO was. We got sphere algos, we got sphere crafts and we pretty much got everything else made according to sphere. Even though XUO did have a lot of sphere "features", it never even came close to the time I put into INX. Most of the scripts that we got on INX are made from scratch. I didn't take the XUO algos, I just took the ideas and improved them. Also, when XUO came up, it did have quite a lot of bugs, we expect INX to have minimal and we expect it to have no money leaks and imbalanced loots. We tweak messages, loot drops, skill timers, monster stats etc. INX is seriously brilliant from a scripting/programming perspective.

Now, I can promise you no one is laughing, don't even understand how you can suggest that. We got quite extreme pressure on us. We have been waiting for a long time to launch the shard cause we want it as close to perfect as we can get it. We are seriously doing our best, and if you have the time to read, check the change log post, or even the news. It's work being done every week, a lot of it, and we do take it more than serious.

Now, I obviously disagree with that genius comment, but then again, I tend to be full of myself xddd

//PS: The wait is probably hardest on the people in charge. We do not want to disappoint you and every day that passes, we feel that a lot of you are getting disappointed. We are doing our best to ensure that you will have the best game play possible, and we can guarantee that it will be a unique experience playing on INX. If you have any doubts, please let them rest until you log on the first time and play the first week.

I don't want to seem like a kissass prick or somethin' but some people need to see that there is more to the developers than some dudes building an UO server. Even the developers needs money, clothes, food, bathroom breaks and time to take care of their jobs, families and studies.

Just wait, dude. It's not like you're gonna crap your pants if you don't play UO next week or something.