Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Does anyone here know how to create 3D models?

I do, I use wings 3D

Maybe if you said what you needed Maka.. But the 100+ models sounds very time consumeing and bleh time isent what i have the most of.. but try tell me what you need Smile

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-

I want to recreate the UO client with titan quest 3DSmile Elcid said he wanted to help out, and the more people helping out, the better it will get. But I guess we need to come up with a standard to all keep if we are a lot of people collaborating on this project.

EDIT: We are currently in the design and research phase. Not design as in *draw draw*, but more programmatic design to ensure stability, quality and performance. We need to decide what file format to use, what rendering to use, and if we are using a 3rd party GFX lib, or going straight for DX(so far it seems like DX is the thing to go for). I want to collect up on designers so that when we were ready with the programming part, applying a full 3D world would just take a matter of months.

maka Wrote:applying a full 3D world would just take a matter of months.

lol ;/
I think you underestimate how massive a project like that would be. There are quite a few items in the art files.
When you're ready for it, I'd be glad to help with the models and whatnot.

If you're going to have several people modeling, you have to have concept art, else everyone will use their own style and your client will look ugly.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

A matter of moths when the client is done, the idea is that the client work and the 3D work would be working simultaneously. The actual time would be a year (which is the time I expect that the client would take) and "a matter of months"Tongue Thats why I'm looking for people right now and not waiting until the client is done:p

OoO! OoO! Pick me! I Can! Ican!

Oh wel spoke bout this on MSN already Rolleyes

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

I didn't really understand what you meant with:
Quote:I want to recreate the UO client with titan quest 3D
But there is already 3D UO client on the works. Check out Iris2. You could maybe contribute to that project instead.

Quote:We need to decide what file format to use, what rendering to use, and if we are using a 3rd party GFX lib, or going straight for DX(so far it seems like DX is the thing to go for).
If you are still going to make one of your own check out OGRE 3D rendering engine assuming you are going with low budget. It does seem like a huge project for the artists. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Canaris Wrote:I didn't really understand what you meant with:
What I ment was with the Titan quest game engine, google it and you will see what i meanWink

Iris2 is made in LUA(a scripting language, not a programing language) and Ogre, I want to go with a full features c++ client to squeeze out performance and with DX to get low level access. Iris is also rendering models from the UO resources, which is not at all efficient and results in really ugly graphics and models:/

All props goes to them though, the work is really impressive, just not good looking and doesn't preform well. My goal is for everyone to use this client, not a lot of people would use Iris to play with, not even when it is done (i believe).

PS: Yet again, I'm really impressed on how they do thing with Iris, and the idea behind it, just not the result.