Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I think ya'll need to relax

I see the Canadian flag in your avatar. Are you Canadian? Why do you fail so badly at English? Do primarily Fresh-Canadian areas of Canada choose to completely ignore English?

That's like south Florida choosing to ignore English and instead teach Jamaican Creole.

meh

Pelletier (whipperwirll) Wrote:I think ya'll need to relax
thats u post heading well think there is to much relaxing going on this project should of been done months ago?!!

normally i would take offense because im french and canadian..

but its true LOL, im from new brunswick and most "not all" realllly french communities ignore english.. Where I live, the english schools do both types of Immersion, fully french and half french.. while the french schools have never ever had a program since like 50 years ago.. they only do "English class" thats it.. the rest is french. But i have to admit, english is much easier to learn, you dont really need a class just to speak english, and often just speaking it and "being french" will get you any job around here. They want people who speak french, english is just a bonus lol

Wish it was more equal, but around here, french is taking over hehe

Oszkar Wrote:I see the Canadian flag in your avatar. Are you Canadian? Why do you fail so badly at English? Do primarily Fresh-Canadian areas of Canada choose to completely ignore English?

That's like south Florida choosing to ignore English and instead teach Jamaican Creole.

Pelletier, do you have any idea how to make a decent UO shard? You said it yourself in another thread - they're almost all crap. Not to mention, this is supposed to be a Sphere 51.a replica, and is being scripted in RunUO 2.0. A lot of work is going into this shard, and its selfish and unhelpful to tell the staff what they should do, how things should be, and when the shard should be up. Please try to cultivate some patience.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

If I was a C# programmer and had lots of time on my hands then yea... the server would be done right now. But I'm not and I don't. The delay is due to lack of developers and their time to fix the things that need fixing... Not a matter of the staff not doing anything.

Also, insinuating that we are lying to you about having a server is pretty lame... We already had 2 betas on the new server. I can only guess that you were trying to be funny or sarcastic with your comment.

Every Time Mythy Posts i smile..... and its not because of what he has to say.... Big Grin

I am The Good Father Juan.
Qui Tac Concentrat * Those who are silent, agree
All are born to observe order, But few are born to establish it.

Fear is not knowing what is, it is wondering what for.

[Image: meph28lu.jpg]

There are several people in this community who seem to continuously forget that at this point, the work remaining to be done can only be done by our devs and not everyone on the staff. Sotho is the main dev right now, Jonny and Kerrick just joined up so give them a chance to get rolling and familiarize themselves with how stuff is done. Taran has previously said that he will be starting a weekly change log and the devs we have are working on what they can.

work remaining:

chararcter and skill transfers
bug fixes
XUO item conversions
static house and R/R transfers
scripting Extreme monsters and their spawn system

If you guys want our devs to spend more time on this project, then please send money to their paypal or bank accounts because they need to support themselves and can't spend all their time working on a game. I don't see how you can get them out of school, if they attend right now, so I won't suggest anything there.

You all need to worry a little bit less about the progress on this shard and go out and do something. It seems every other day someone asks for an update or demands that people work harder. If you guys think the work being done is unacceptable then lend a hand and help out. Otherwise, to quote a comedian; "Have a coke, and a smile, and shut the **** up".

The french issue in Canada:

The majority of Quebec's population is francophone and as a result there are some messed up laws in Quebec. For starters; if signs contain english writing, they must contain the same, or more, writing in french, and the french writing has to be bigger and more attractive to the eye. However, signs do not have to have any english writing. Any foreigner must enroll their kids in french schools, even if they come from England. French is the only official language in Quebec. As a result, it is pretty hard for people to learn proper english with laws like this.

The ironic thing is that english is essentially being outlawed in Quebec, and other countries across the world, take Sweden for example, make it a requirement for people to learn english.

Did I mention Quebec wants to seperate from Canada and it was one of its four original provinces?

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You could start a new thread and sticky it, just cutting and pasting the first part of your reply Pande...or, this thread could just be stickied.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Pande Wrote:Did I mention Quebec wants to seperate from Canada and it was one of its four original provinces?

I hate to take this thread further off topic, but I find this Canada issue more interesting hehe. Perhaps yall should just forget Quebec if they're going to act like that. They sound a bit like Texas... they have been saying they want to leave the United States for ages. "**** 'em". Quebec and Texas can join Mexico together.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Quote:yes but a open date would maybe get staff motivated to finish the shard as i know the is probley 3days of work that needs to be done but the way staff is going itwill take 3 months

well i think a release date will motivate the staff to actualy do some work
the shard should of been open by now even with two staff working on it
why is is taking so long the staff not being honest with us no host no server?

would like to see dailyor atleast weekly progress reports will help to show the players that work is being done and keep them from leaveing a dieing server if they knew it was still alive!!!

I'm new here and all, so I don't really have the best idea of what's going on, but in my experience, these things simply take a long time to finish. The usual rule for games is that they takes at least three times as long as expected to finish.

This is a big task for not a big team. We didn't make UO and we didn't make RunUO, and we are trying to make it do something it wasn't originally intended to do. It's hard enough working off of somebody else's code base, it's harder when it's based on a 10 year old game, and it's even harder when there is no documentation. (At least there isn't to my knowledge. :p) The problem is not motivation, the problem is that programming takes time. It's a very indefinite process which is riddled with all sorts of unexpected obstacles. At any time you can run into a new bug which, in large games, can take days to work out. The only difference is, with real commercial games, the programmers are paid to do what they do, and they spend all day (and sometimes all night) doing it. IN-X is something we are doing in our spare time. We are doing it because we enjoy doing it, not for money. But, we do have our own lives to attend to (which do not, in fact, revolve around IN-X), which in most cases takes priority.

IN-X is not a dying server. It hasn't even launched yet, so technically it's not even alive. It can't die if it's not alive. But seriously, if you are sick of waiting then move on with your life. Forget about it and come back when it's done. The only thing you can do to make IN-X done is wait. Claiming with absolutely no basis that it should have been done 2 months ago and forcing us to set a fake deadline for the sole purpose of making you happy will not make IN-X done. And plus, setting a deadline only accomplishes one thing: it pisses people off when it's missed.

So that's just my two cents. Part of it is related to this, but a lot of it is just pent of frustration from people complaining about things and making demands and judgments when they are in absolutely no position to. It's happened with everything single game released to this date (that's a guess but it very well could be right), and a UO server is no exception. As a player, I can somewhat understand people's frustration, but as a programmer, it pisses me off.

I talked to a Canadian on my flight back from Little Rock, Arkansas today and he was from Quebec. The fellow said "eh" a lot. I didn't have trouble understanding his English, though. We talked about the Stanley Cup Final. He probably would have been a bit offended had I of talked about Triumph's visit to Quebec. I think he was going to Dallas to look at a house... Silly Canadians.

the reason they are so culturally different is cos it was originally a french colony til the english pinched it off them in the 7 years war. bitterness is in french blood Tongue