Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I think ya'll need to relax

True that Lerri, but you would think after a couple hundred years of British occupation, they wouldn't be as "culturally different" as you say.

Nasir I live in Quebec so it's a little hard to forget about them lol.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Viva Mejico cabrones! Wink :evil: :evil: :evil:

Rolleyes

Pande Wrote:True that Lerri, but you would think after a couple hundred years of British occupation, they wouldn't be as "culturally different" as you say.

Nasir I live in Quebec so it's a little hard to forget about them lol.

nah the french are a very proud people and have a long long long history of fighting the british, its pretty understandable being occuppied by us pissed them off. youd think theyd be happy as a part of canada, but you know, french.

yea, you would think so, we even have countries asking to become a part of canada (one in particular by jamaica, the dominican, that area down there. this one is a few little islands. would be great, could stay in canada and have a nice tropical place for winter vacations

the quebec thing is funny because if they seperate they want to continue using the canadian dollar, which will drop about 10-15 cents if quebec seperates since the dollar is based on all of canada's economy, which will fall with 1 less province supporting it... but anyways, ill leave that to the idiot leader of the PQ to figure out...

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jonny Wrote:I'm new here and all, so I don't really have the best idea of what's going on, but in my experience, these things simply take a long time to finish. The usual rule for games is that they takes at least three times as long as expected to finish.

This is a big task for not a big team. We didn't make UO and we didn't make RunUO, and we are trying to make it do something it wasn't originally intended to do. It's hard enough working off of somebody else's code base, it's harder when it's based on a 10 year old game, and it's even harder when there is no documentation. (At least there isn't to my knowledge. :p) The problem is not motivation, the problem is that programming takes time. It's a very indefinite process which is riddled with all sorts of unexpected obstacles. At any time you can run into a new bug which, in large games, can take days to work out. The only difference is, with real commercial games, the programmers are paid to do what they do, and they spend all day (and sometimes all night) doing it. IN-X is something we are doing in our spare time. We are doing it because we enjoy doing it, not for money. But, we do have our own lives to attend to (which do not, in fact, revolve around IN-X), which in most cases takes priority.

IN-X is not a dying server. It hasn't even launched yet, so technically it's not even alive. It can't die if it's not alive. But seriously, if you are sick of waiting then move on with your life. Forget about it and come back when it's done. The only thing you can do to make IN-X done is wait. Claiming with absolutely no basis that it should have been done 2 months ago and forcing us to set a fake deadline for the sole purpose of making you happy will not make IN-X done. And plus, setting a deadline only accomplishes one thing: it pisses people off when it's missed.

So that's just my two cents. Part of it is related to this, but a lot of it is just pent of frustration from people complaining about things and making demands and judgments when they are in absolutely no position to. It's happened with everything single game released to this date (that's a guess but it very well could be right), and a UO server is no exception. As a player, I can somewhat understand people's frustration, but as a programmer, it pisses me off.

a very reasonable and rational explaination. i think that sometimes we forget that our families take precedence, that real life is the biggest factor, that the learning curve must be huge and if done wrong then a whole set of new bugs will be introduced.
i don't know code, i can only relate to your difficulties thru my own experiences troubleshooting electrical ladder diagrams as related to automated process. i know that some gliches take days (and longer) to figure out, most often involving process and electrical engineers with support personnel, the costs must be enormous, but that's industry.
thanks to you and the other programers for your time and effort.

btw, jonny is doing a great job atm so are the other devs Big Grin

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3