Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

alright

Hah, hate? Speak for yourself. You may be acting childish and illogical but i don't hate any of you. Listen to yourself, trying to reason it out but remaining utterly hypocritical! You say that INR's are whining about skill transfer, when you are pushing for something completely and unarguably selfish! You are missing the point!

Its undeniable that the currently proposed system was set up (by Maka and Coldrake in agreement i may add) to please both parties, and accurately represent the amount of work players put into their character development. If either side were favored in this transfer, the other would be unhappy. So, why, other than pure selfishness would you ask not to use scaled transfers? As many XUO players as it may "bring back" (i still think a game should speak for itself, and you shouldn't try to candy-coat it to sell to people who aren't interested in playing anyways) it will scare just as many INR players away. If this is how you feel, then you are not supportive of INX as a merger of two shards which could work harmoniously. Instead, you choose to jeopardize the last chance this server has of existing at all by upsetting half of your population! This isn't about INR vs. XUO! Like it or not we're all in one community now. Its about time we start acting like it.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

IN:R
Misc skills: Full transfers.
Magic combats: Full transfers.
Other Combats: 80%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 100, if your skill exceeds 90 skill points.
Harvest: 60%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 70, if your skill exceeds 90 skill points.
Craft: Full transfers.

XUO
Misc skills: Full transfers.
Magic combats: Full transfers
Other Combats: 80%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 100, if your skill exceeds 80 skill points.
Harvest: 70%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 80, if your skill exceeds 90 skill points.
Crafts: 40%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 65, if your skill exceeds 95 skill points.

Cole Wrote:The IN community has learned first hand that if skill gain is too easy on a shard with no skill cap, people can too quickly become self-sufficient and the economy (a central feature of UO - a feature that shouldn't readily be omitted) can go to crap.

cole i usually like your replys but i have to disagree here. i like being self-sufficient. i try to be as self-sufficient irl as i can and that reflects ingame, i have few but trusted good friends and i imagine that's true of most XUO's. To try and FORCE dependency is a concept i personally think will fail.

I don't care what anybody thinks or tries to do with an economy, the truth is somebody's gonna find a way to make more than the next guy. then somebody's gonna cry foul. besides most shards are not up long enough to truely allow an economy to delvolpe

Pande Wrote:The economy maintained some level of balance on XUO due to the lazyness or the dislike of training skills (as easy as they may have been compared to INR) or because they didn't give a shit about crafting and just wanted to pvp so when they needed a craftable, they bought it.

If this is the case then why is only 40% of the crafting skill being allowed? If so very few of us lazy bastards bothered to avail ourselves of the easy skill gain then why bother? As one of the FEW crafters on XUO I am going to lose 60% of my crafting skils (which i will not bother to regain, not again) i would like to know. Besides whats wrong with buying it?? all this economy based forced interaction between crafters and noncrafters makes me wonder, where is this going to occur??? OMG could it be the pits??? the point is it forced.

Dramatic Wrote:If Iners are not willing to help XUOers in any way, then im done here.

bullcrap! where's your pride? you need help?? i don't think so. i don't buy it, but i acknowledge your postureing. you'll be here just like all the others.

Eighty Swords Wrote:......... to bring the shard together, to make the two communities dependent on one another. well i dont ... see that happening ........ xuo people can stand on their own.....

Great point!!!
i think one of the basic premises feuling this merge is very wrong in concept, roleplayers and pv_er's are like oil and water they seem to have different outlooks. the roleplayers relie on thier community to supply each others needs (read that dependent), where the pv_er's are more self-sufficient or relie on each other (read that independent). These are basic personality characteristics which probably account for the fact that some played on XUO and some on INR in the first place. To try to force a self-sufficient person into a forced economy by a skills setback and then limiting thier ability to maximise thier skills won't work. It is my understanding that skill gain will beharder on INX than XUO, right?

Eighty Swords Wrote:you dont like it, shove it

i like your sprite but i don't buy your sediment.

[Image: frank_frazetta_thesilverwarrior1.jpg]
CRY HAVOC!!! and let slip the DOGS OF WAR!!

Carl, i can't moderate the forums, and i seriously have no idea where people keep getting this idea. taran won't let me because he is a big meanie Wink

Cole is right, the skill transfers are weighted in order to represent the amount of time spent training your skills. the only exception is in the case of pvp related skills, all xuo players NEED those and that is why they are higher transfer rates.

XUO players, please keep in mind that when the shard started there were very generous skill packages and that also has been taken into consideration.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok guys, after some discussion with upper staff, the skill transfers will stay as planned. The overwhelming reason to this is because the skill transfers reflect the amount of time put in by all players, which is what must be considered, not one side. Sorry if this decision is not to your liking, but it is final.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm glad to hear the staff finally step in and give an organized opinion/decision here.

Carl, what i mean about self-sufficiency is this: It is by all means possible for a character to become self-sufficient, however, this should be quite difficult. If you want to master combats (for pvp and pvm), crafts, resource gathering skills, taming, etc (everything basically) then it should take you a damn long time! You shouldn't be able to do everything in a month and never need anyone else for anything. Some people are always going to be "better" than others in this regard, but that should be because they worked on it.

i say, give xuoers all their skills back, but thats all. no gold, no shit. INers, give them all their skills back + 1 extra to gm since it was a pain in the ass to macro/train skills and give them like 5% of their cash. sounds fair to me at least..-_-
see ive put most positive shit to u :d

- regards, Fable

Sorry Fable but the skill transfers are staying as they were.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i just thought of something.. this server aint going to be good with all these wars. XUO VS. IN. wasnt it supposed to be XUO + IN? if u ask me, we should cancel this "project" and reopen the shards separate. id rather be with my "homies" (xuoers) than listening to someone whine all the time, not only INers, XUOers can whine too... still as i just wrote, cancel this and reopen XUO and IN:R. now we even got a good stable shard we can just take the scripts from here and IN takes their scripts and xuo takes theirs scripts.

- regards, Fable

I for one am open to (even looking forward to in a way) trying to play with former XUO players, even though they have a different play style. Both communities can gain from more players and different strengths, in theory. If you're tired of the wars, why make turn arguments into INR vs XUO?

Fable Wrote:i just thought of something.. this server aint going to be good with all these wars. XUO VS. IN. wasnt it supposed to be XUO + IN? if u ask me, we should cancel this "project" and reopen the shards separate. id rather be with my "homies" (xuoers) than listening to someone whine all the time, not only INers, XUOers can whine too... still as i just wrote, cancel this and reopen XUO and IN:R. now we even got a good stable shard we can just take the scripts from here and IN takes their scripts and xuo takes theirs scripts.

So do you guys finally agree with me about how much of a dum b a ss fable is?

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

im a dumbass cause i want XUO back? dude this server aint gonna be something. and plz, i dont rly wanna fight with u, or anyone else, if u felt like some of my posts have offended u, then sry =o

- regards, Fable

fable once agian u sux donkey dick
and XUO shard sucked ass was a care bear shard with outragious loot and skill gain

but i agree i wish the merge never happened and in:r #1 SHARD with 150 + players online was back online
but the merge did happen and i deal with it

this project is taking way to long and just wish someone can pm me with and shard like IN:R witch isn't a care bear shard cause only *****'s play care bear shards

love u all hehe