Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

alright

Well so its been more than 5 months, and from what i can see , it'll take another 2 months or so to get the real server up , wich is hilarious but this is not what im about..we all know you guys actually planned the whole skill & item transfer thing but there's this little problem..LOTS of ppl have already made up their minds about trying the server after this long waiting..

So this is what im proposing ..keep the item transfer the way it was but give the players full skill transfers because as if it wasnt hard enough to macro some skills again , theres no way the few people around will do it with such a low playerbase..so if you want this server to succeed and regain a major number of players then you should do what im proposing . Since maka left this has been a total mess and if you dont somehow motivate the players to come ( by offering them their old skills back for example ) , you guys are going nowhere and all this time you are spending on whatever you are doing, it'll be worthless . Once again both servers had a good reputation , so in my honest opinion you SHOULD do what im saying , or end this with some dignity for the sake of both servers . You know , honestly , i wouldnt like to remember INX as the server that oppened after more than half a year and ended up with 5 clients and had to close .

I WANT EVERYONE WHO STOPS BY TO GIVE THEIR OPINION AND IF THERE'S A MAJORITY WHO AGREES WITH ME , THEN DEVELOPERS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOTTA DO .PZ

[Image: dextermorgancq0.jpg]

while initially i agree with you, we have to keep in mind that the skill gain on xuo was much easier then on inr. because of this, some would complain that this would be unfair for xuo players to keep their easily trained skills.

but at the same time, i think that some would say "if it makes the server go up any sooner, yea sure, why not?"

then again, what skills you have is a result of the time and effort you put into your character wether it be 1 week or 1 day, you spent your time accordingly.

and this will also be a large incentive to make players join that were upset about losing some of their skills.

overall i feel this is a good suggestion.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It would be very unfair if all players got full transfer since it was different on both shard, the craftingskills on IN:R was much harder what i've heard on IN:R than XUO, for example. If players leave cause they have to macro the 20 lost points, I don't think their will of playing here is really strong. If you're saying that they will leave this shard for an other one, it doesnt really make sence, since then they have to gain their skills from 0.

By making the skilltransfers as you say, would make the shard lose quality. In my eyes it would get some kind of cheap. Players who have been waiting have been aware of how the skilltransfer will be. The players who've decided to not play on this shard, would presumably not change their mind just cause they'd get their full transfer.

My opinion: This is a very bad suggestion, and it wouldnt improve anything or help anything. This wouldnt matter for new players, and wouldnt help getting new players either.

Pande Wrote:and this will also be a large incentive to make players join that were upset about losing some of their skills.

As much as this would be very dissapointing for IN:Rs who have layed down much more time/work to gain their skills to GM than the XUOers.

Dramatic Wrote:I WANT EVERYONE WHO STOPS BY TO GIVE THEIR OPINION AND IF THERE'S A MAJORITY WHO AGREES WITH ME , THEN DEVELOPERS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOTTA DO .PZ

Since far from every player checks the forum this wouldnt matter. Since far from every player checks the site makes this wouldnt matter. Since far from every player even know english makes this wouldnt matter. So, if the majority of the posters in this thread agrees with you, it basicly wont matter anything for the developers decision.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Since xuo'ers would get their skills and the new commers who never played xuo nor In would get some starting skills , INers would get something in exchange,something they would aprecciate from IN ( i never played IN myself so i cant really think of something ) but bottomline is : players must be given something as an incentive for this long waiting , either skills for xuo'ers or have Iner's to keep their static houses or some cool pve item i dunno .... but i know for a fact this will be a total waste of time if you dont make the start way easier for xuo'ers or new commers , or somehow reward INers with something fair for both communities . So if you dont consider anything of the above , please dont bother on opening the server to the public cause i already know how its going to be , you devs are working hard and trying to find new people to help speed up and all that effort will be in vain

Dramatic Wrote:. So if you dont consider anything of the above , please dont bother on opening the server to the public cause i already know how its going to be

I saw Taran make a post where he told they want to make this shard basicly just to see what a great shard they've succeeded to make, if it dies the week after, they've still done something more or less amazing.

This shard isnt just aiming for old players to join, but new aswell!! So what you've been suggesting wont raise the chanse of getting new players to join at all!

I can't really see how your suggestions would make the shard live longer at all! It would simply just be a benefit for XUOers.

Dramatic Wrote:INers would get something in exchange,something they would aprecciate from IN

One thing i would appreciate, and would accept as exchange, is to remove the pits. But this is me, not IN. I doubt there are anything that would be accepted by INers as exchange for this, I belive they prefer that their time and work they've layed down on the skillgaining has mattered. And at the same time, i doubt any suggestion would save time to get the shard online faster, than what it would without any changes.

Dramatic Wrote:players must be given something as an incentive for this long waiting

We'll get a great shard. That's what everyone have been waiting for, and hopefully that's what we get. That is your/our reward.

It's like a carfirm promises you a free, great, new car, with parts and details that you wanted to keep from your old car, remaked, plus much more extra great finesses. They say you'll get it within 3 months, but with troubles on the firm prevents them to give it that early, so the time will be extended. You have to wait some few extra months. Then you're telling the head of the carfirm that you want something extra that would be incentive for you, since you've been waiting extralong for this new, great, free car.

Enjoy the car as it was promised, be happy that you even got this special designed car, just for you. It was free, and it was just made for you to drive it.

I'll post some more tomorrow, cause the time here is 03:00 and I can't think straight.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

I personally think all of the reasoning offered so far for transferring all skills from both servers is faulty. It sounds to me like another case of of a quick fix - sacrificing something important just to make something look more pretty on the surface.

The counter-argument to your suggestion is as Lederoil said: INR skills (especially crafts, but others as well from what i understand, which is why the very specific system of transferring was set up as it was) were harder to train than XUO skills. XUO supposedly did not have a good economy because of this (and high monster loots - different subject). Thats not to say INR had a good economy, but the idea (the plan) is to learn from both servers and find a middle ground. Not to mention, it would be quite hard to find something comparable and balanced to offer to INR players.

I personally feel the same way as Taran: if only 15 people show up, fine. People keep talking about how many people show up at opening, but i think thats a bunch of crap, because a game's quality speaks for itself and player base will either grow OR drop from the opening depending on whether or not its a good (well balanced) server. The video game industry is notorious for releasing games waaaaaay after the projected date. Yet, if the game was well made (if they took the extra time they needed to make it complete), its still a huge hit, and if it sucks, it probably sucks less than it did if it were to come out on time.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Cole Wrote:I personally think all of the reasoning offered so far for transferring all skills from both servers is faulty. It sounds to me like another case of of a quick fix - sacrificing something important just to make something look more pretty on the surface.

The counter-argument to your suggestion is as Lederoil said: INR skills (especially crafts, but others as well from what i understand, which is why the very specific system of transferring was set up as it was) were harder to train than XUO skills. XUO supposedly did not have a good economy because of this (and high monster loots - different subject). Thats not to say INR had a good economy, but the idea (the plan) is to learn from both servers and find a middle ground. Not to mention, it would be quite hard to find something comparable and balanced to offer to INR players.

I personally feel the same way as Taran: if only 15 people show up, fine. People keep talking about how many people show up at opening, but i think thats a bunch of crap, because a game's quality speaks for itself and player base will either grow OR drop from the opening depending on whether or not its a good (well balanced) server. The video game industry is notorious for releasing games waaaaaay after the projected date. Yet, if the game was well made (if they took the extra time they needed to make it complete), its still a huge hit, and if it sucks, it probably sucks less than it did if it were to come out on time.

you got a damn good point ,but still..i dont wanna see how this server ends up with 5-10 clients in the first week of its opening..it would be a shame and thats what most likely will happen..thats why i proposed something like that so if you dont like the idea, fine , but you guys really need to think of something new to bring the people back , i mean something worth their comeback

Well, if INX opens with balanced pvp, pits (XUO players will be happy), successful transfers of old accounts, no economical exploits, good loot groups, and regular events, like they plan to, i think the work is going to speak for itself and people are going to come to play. 5-10 would quickly turn to 30, 40, 50...then hopefully 100 or more.

Whether or not they can actually pull all of that off, i don't know, but i'd like to give them the chance. If they open unfinished, they're not only going to have a weak start, but an even weaker future. Giving people gold or skills won't change that a bit.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Cole Wrote:Well, if INX opens with balanced pvp, pits (XUO players will be happy), successful transfers of old accounts, no economical exploits, good loot groups, and regular events, like they plan to, i think the work is going to speak for itself and people are going to come to play. 5-10 would quickly turn to 30, 40, 50...then hopefully 100 or more.

Whether or not they can actually pull all of that off, i don't know, but i'd like to give them the chance. If they open unfinished, they're not only going to have a weak start, but an even weaker future. Giving people gold or skills won't change that a bit.

Agreed.

Pain is the only thing that reminds us that we are still human.

im not trying to start a fight, but this is another viewpoint...

nobody forced you to play on the server you did. if you felt, or feel, cheated about the difficult, or easy, skill gain then you could of quit the server you played on. or you could of tried convincing the admins to make it easier skill gain. because you were willing to put up with a difficult situation does not mean that others must "suffer" as a result.

like i said, i wasn't trying to start anything with that, so if you feel insulted, then don't say anything.

drama, when i initally read your post, it was my understanding that everyone would get full skill transfers and that would even things out. afterall, both inr players and xuo players would keep all their skills. its not like only xuo players would benefit.

but now i see you are suggesting that to compensate the inr players for giving xuo players full transfers, that they should receive an item of some kind. unfortunately this would only create more work for the devs instead of simply having to transfer the skills.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it's fine, Why, because I tried IN:R, but you see, I seen alot of abusers, thats right, abusers...They Runebook glitched and got millions... I "Applaud" Dramatix post!!! -Aeorox

[Image: sigpic28_6.gif][Image: Aeo_2010]

Pande Wrote:but now i see you are suggesting that to compensate the inr players for giving xuo players full transfers, that they should receive an item of some kind. unfortunately this would only create more work for the devs instead of simply having to transfer the skills.

Well Matt , i said that cause i thought but the possibility that INers might be a little mad if the people from XUO get some kind of help regarding the skills , since from what i heard it was way harder to train skills on IN. I dont rly know what to say at this point , i mean im quite sure lots of people from IN would complain if xuoers get that help but cmon..i say stop whining ..its not like the people from XUO care about how hard training skills in IN was , sure it was harder but there were also some bugs and those who exploited them might have shortened the whole training process by buying resources and all that..so i say FULL SKILL TRANSFERS for both xuers and INers..it would benefit both communities , probably xuoers a little bit more but i dont think this is the time to be a crybaby , is it?