Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pande Wrote:maybe you should read my post again

you also forget this is the beta and there are lots of players who refuse to test for one reason or another...

I am not sure that will solve anything, for better or worse, the first two to four weeks are critical for any server. This is where us (the players) will deciede if we think it will be worth spending our time on. If it aint perfect or very close to, right from the start alot of people will quit, Just look at IN:R wich is a perfect example, we had almost a 150+ playerbase or close to it when it went up, after one or two weeks, we were down to 30-40 :/.

What I'm saying dont have anything to do with the BETA anyways either.

But what do I know, I'm just a player Wink

- Magus
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And what if IN players hate the idea of pits and wont play if it stays, And the XUO think the exact oposite and wont play if it's not there?

You have to think these things trough if you want this server to succeed???? Please tell me you've thought about that?
So can you please give me a hint what you will do if it comes down to this please?

Magus, you should stop being so negative about everything Wink

It might be a negative way of looking at things, but I'm pretty sure it's realistic aswell, I really do want this server to be great, but for it to be that, Alot of things wich I pointed out needs to be finished aswell.

The reason I said we don't need to worry about it right now is because this is not how INX is going to be once we go live. Right now, the idle area (pits) has resource stones for just about everything, colored dye tubs, and something fun for players to do (duel each other). We kind of have a big play ground sitting there and wonder why nobody wants to leave it.

I know that the idle area is very important to XUO. It was one of the things that Maka brought up from day one that XUO really wanted to have in the merger. Imagine Nation won pretty much everything else in the world as far as look and feel goes. We even compromised and decided we would make this area look really nice and give it an RP feel.

Lastly, once we go live... we wont have 150 players with all GM skills and millions of gold and free armor, weapons, mounts, etc. Players will have to explore and kill things and do stuff to get these items. So perhaps many months down the road we will have some PvP junkies hanging out in the idle area, but I dont think it will be anything like it is now.

I appreciate Magus's concern and I think we all want INX to be a success.

Magus i know what you mean about trying to find a solution now. However, i have no doubts at all that the staff have asked themselves and each other those, and similar questions. There's no chance of success if those questions aren't raised. Like Pande said too, there was a huge discussion/debate about all of this a few months ago, and the final decision was as he said - they will try a few weeks with, and a few weeks without. If you have any other practical solutions though, i'm sure the staff is glad to hear them.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Magus Wrote:It might be a negative way of looking at things, but I'm pretty sure it's realistic aswell, I really do want this server to be great, but for it to be that, Alot of things wich I pointed out needs to be finished aswell.

He has a point.

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

the pits is somthing the former xuo players demand. and to all you former in players no worries, the former xuo players dont live there, sure they do idle there but in players idle in houses? =)

no worries, lets wait and se instead im sure noone will be disapointed in the end =)

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

It's true that we will not have the skills or the resources from the start to PvP all the time, but there will come a day when WE do, and I personally dont like the idea of 30 people doing nothing but fighting in a small area, Then we wont be diffrent from any other pvp shard.. Of course I'm not sure this will happend.
And I hope it won't, but what are we going to do if it comes down to this :/

ok so this is what i was thinking lets have the pits moved to somewhere in the world where people can travel to get there would also work good for role playing it'll be no pking there and make it the only way you can get ther is by recalling or walking it would be like a Inn on IN where blues and reds hang out at.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe you missed this christina, but pits has already been adapted so it has a more rp feel to it and iyou get to it by walking over a stone because thats how it was on xuo and the pits is from xuo. if we put it somewhere in the world just like in had, then it would be yet another in feature that takes over an xuo feature.

i cant stress this enough; if you dont like the idea of pits or dont want to go there, you dont have to!!!!

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i dont see how walking on a stone to get to the pits make it a role playing feel but ok.. i havnt played on IN or XUO so whatever you guys decide im still gonna be here i was throwing out ideas

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dont really have an opinion if I like the pits or not, I really loved the first place you went in to when you stepped on the stone, A really nice and comfortble place for people to chill out and talk really, it might even be to nice, so people might want to hang around there instead of citys Tongue

I didn't like the "Pits" look though, it felt abit dull Tongue but that's just me, it was nicely decorated, i just didnt like it as much. But the problem isn't "If you dont like the PITS don't go there" cause that's how you will split the community, we need to make it them somehow so everyone likes them Tongue