Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: pits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i dont think having pits is a good idea because towns are dead i know this is beta but I believe its gonna be the same when the shard goes live
I like the idea of looking for someone from town to town or asking someone instead of going to the pits cuz you know for a fact that person your looking for is gonna be there
and for the duel area i like it but when the shard goes live i think it should be like its available at times and sometimes its not
I dont know just a thought
maybe the best way to satisfy both communities ( players who came from IN and those who came from XUO ) is keeping the pits opened for a certain amount of time a day , and after that period of time has expired , get all the players who were at pits , kicked out to a safe location regarding their karma ( blue or pk ).

I say this because the duel pits are for the xuo'ers,something symbolical and also something you cant get rid of it , but in the other hand , the IN'ers are used to a gameplay where the pits doesnt play any role since they use to hang out in cities. Dont get me wrong im not trying to difference both communities or tag them appart since now xuo and IN are one single community , i was just pointing out what , in my opinion , would be the best for the players who came from different servers
Dramatic Wrote:maybe the best way to satisfy both communities ( players who came from IN and those who came from XUO ) is keeping the pits opened for a certain amount of time a day , and after that period of time has expired , get all the players who were at pits , kicked out to a safe location regarding their karma ( blue or pk ).

I say this because the duel pits are for the xuo'ers,something symbolical and also something you cant get rid of it , but in the other hand , the IN'ers are used to a gameplay where the pits doesnt play any role since they use to hang out in cities. Dont get me wrong im not trying to difference both communities or tag them appart since now xuo and IN are one single community , i was just pointing out what , in my opinion , would be the best for the players who came from different servers

Sounds like a great idea actually, but one problem came up with it, im not sure, but its going to be a bitch for the XUO player who dont got the best timezone for this, they might only be able to hang around at the pits for maybe an hour or so, they might not like that Tongue but other then that, if it can be fixed somehow, sounds likea great idea.
The only problem i can see with closing it at certain times of day is that the XUO players may just....log off....It may just create more division between the IN and XUO communities, and between the pvp'ers and the rp'ers. And its not likely XUO players are going to suddenly decide they're fine without them, so they're probably here to stay.

smoke

sorry but if theres no pits, im not playing, same with all the xuoers they wont play if theres no pits, they pk not explore and the gms said there would be a pits here.
I wouldn't worry about it right now. Once we are done with beta there will be plenty of reasons to leave the pits and explore the world. Right now, people are just having fun and testing out their skill in PvP.

We are not going to remove the pits, so there is no reason to get all emo.
it seems everyone has forgotten that about oh 3 months ago we agreed that we would run the shard for a period of 2-3 weeks with pits so IN players can give it a chance and see if they like it or not. then there would be 2-3 weeks with no pits for the xuo players to see if they can live without pits.

the decision of keeping or removing pits entirely will be made after these two trial runs.

it is my personal opinion that if you don't like pits you dont have to use them. there is no obligation whatsoever for you to enter the pits with the exception of joining a tournament or going to the duel arenas. and pits has been made to look more rpish so that it wont "kill" some people to walk through it.

Christina Thorn Wrote:and for the duel area i like it but when the shard goes live i think it should be like its available at times and sometimes its not

thats the plan. but atm it seems every gm other then me insists we should leave it open all the time.

i would have to agree with magus in regards to what drama said. because of the different time zones it wouldnt be fair to those who like pits and are not around during its opening hours.
well it was just a thought thanks for not going butt wild on me about the duel area and pits
mayb the duelpits can be made less intresting or somthing i dont know, but like coldrake said, no reason to worry about this now =), and the duelstones will for a fact only be open some hours each day or every other day when server is live.
Odium Wrote:...and the duelstones will for a fact only be open some hours each day or every other day when server is live.

i love how you repeat me all the time Big Grin
Another problem with the whole pits issue is the playerbase, I mean it looks like we wont have more then a 30-40 playerbase, if there's like 30 xuo players who do nothing but hang out at the pits, and 10 IN players who hangs around talking at brit.. It's not going to be very fun is it :/

It seems to me like this PIT issue will devide our communties from the start.

And what Coldrake said about we not having to worry about this now, is not so.
We really need to worry about this now, and we need to come up with a solution that will satisfy both parties. Else this will divide both communities from the start, and it will stay that way, I'm afraid. If we really want to get become as one big community, WE can NOT have such BIG diffrences between us.

- Magus.
maybe you should read my post again

Pande Wrote:it seems everyone has forgotten that about oh 3 months ago we agreed that we would run the shard for a period of 2-3 weeks with pits so IN players can give it a chance and see if they like it or not. then there would be 2-3 weeks with no pits for the xuo players to see if they can live without pits.

the decision of keeping or removing pits entirely will be made after these two trial runs.

you also forget this is the beta and there are lots of players who refuse to test for one reason or another...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5