Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: pits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Joe Black Wrote:...Heres another idea, no sure if any of you would agree thou, but limit the number of duel rings in the pits? so that if the rings are occupied you would have to wait and if you dont have the patience then hopefully the inpatient ones would maybe start to explore outside the gates of trinny, britain, minoc bridge etc etc? to find someone to kill? you guys get the drift hopefully.

first: how about you TRY the shard with the pits, and the population we expect to have then suggest a change.

second: the amount of duel arenas are limited to 12. on XUO it was 6, but the population was smaller.

a few little projections im making concerning the shard population and the actual open time of the duel arena

expected population: 100-200
duel arena open time: a few hours a day max
people who will want to duel during that time: maybe 25-50
max duelers: 24

please keep in mind all the other stuff that is being scripted into the game. it won't be like the only thing to do is pvp in the duel arena.

people wont be afk as much as they were on xuo and maybe inr because of all the quests that will be enabled (there are 5 just for hunting!), hunting, ganking in towns, the duel arena, tournaments, training skills, meeting new people, crafting, etc. it will take people a while to build up a stash to do as they please and not have to actually work. keep this stuff in mind, i find you are all focusing on pits taking people away from the shard and the duel arena ruining it, but there is so much else you can do!!!
I never wanted to get rid of the pits i just wanted to make it look more rpish the way it looks now isnt i dont care what anyone says walkin around in a box dont make it rpish to me sorry anyways topic is getting changed some how so this is the end of my post in this topic
pits isnt a box lol have you even seen it?
although i don't really pvp and pretty much always hung out at home or in town, the pits always seemed to be the crossroads of the shard. i used it to get from place to the other or to look for someone or something. It was a place where pvp'ers and non pvp'ers could meet on hallowed ground, where both could hawk thier goods or seek a challenge. it was above all a integeral part of XUO's personality, as much as statics or some of the other features (special weapons and the like) of INR, and therefore as part of a merge or a marriage (if you will allow that term) beyond argument or discussion.
Carl Wrote:although i don't really pvp and pretty much always hung out at home or in town, the pits always seemed to be the crossroads of the shard. i used it to get from place to the other or to look for someone or something. It was a place where pvp'ers and non pvp'ers could meet on hallowed ground, where both could hawk thier goods or seek a challenge. it was above all a integeral part of XUO's personality, as much as statics or some of the other features (special weapons and the like) of INR, and therefore as part of a merge or a marriage (if you will allow that term) beyond argument or discussion.

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5