Poll: Should Paralyze fizzle Recall? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
55.38%
55.38%
No
30.77%
30.77%
Leave it the same
13.85%
13.85%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paralize Fizzling Recall

I voted yes. From my recollection of IN1, para could fizzle recall along with all the other harmful spells but it didn't seem like it was a 100% chance (it was a high chance though). I definitely remember people being able to occasionally recall away, and always thinking how did he get away? Maybe recall scrolls but that seems unlikely given the amount of recall spamming.

Habibi Jones Wrote:you're funny latency Tongue
ever wonder why you die?
it's because you don't know the fight mechanics, not because there aren't any.

Or maybe because he's only been playing a few days and isn't loaded up with pots, scrolls or scripts yet ^.^

And it's funny to see you guys saying ganks arent easy and a lot harder than people think. Granted ganks have always been part of uo, but don't give yourself too much credit when you're out rolling newbie players with your squad.
But i'm sure with all the new players and zergs going on, you guys will be on the lower end of the food chain soon enough, talking about getting ganked in chat, in which case i'll point right back to this thread....

Tongue

Maybe if he is playing for few days, haven't TRIED to pvp himself he shouldn't speak that it's who first starts the dump wins? How else Habibi should've responded? "Thanks for saying that PvP we love crap and takes no skill when it actually does, lets switch on the spell-fizzling version"... ?

What I'll add though, that I've yet to see a PvPer who was that braggy and then would become REALLY good. Yet all the people who promised to pwn me in "few weeks" through my UO playing experience never backed their words up. There been over 30-40 players like that, like 10 on this server already.

The people that actually become good usually don't spam how good they are\were\will be. They just raise character, adapt if they didn't play this style yet and thats it. Talking big isn't necessary when you can just get there and DO that instead.

Still haven heard any explanations on the mechanics.

Habibi Jones Wrote:you're funny latency Tongue
ever wonder why you die?
it's because you don't know the fight mechanics, not because there aren't any.
real world ganking is harder than you think given that you can just invis/recall away guaranteed survival...
Or carry a bunch of Magic Reflect scrolls and spam that. Wink

Awesome.

Edit: I was just thinking, it seems the old IN players want this shard to emulate previous versions.. if you go with what you've had, you'll get what you got. Didn't those shards go down?

Describing this PvP is too long, don't feel like it... Adam did it once already , use the search function. But, if you can't see it from the duels, maybe you just don't get it? I'll gurantee you that you won't kill any good PvPer tho. He'll win all the time. Randomly.

Oh and... Everything die eventually, you will as well. IN1 was a huge success though.

Yeah I would like to see this fizzle recall. Too easy to just use recall to get away otherwise

Catalyst Wrote:Or carry a bunch of Magic Reflect scrolls and spam that. Wink

Awesome.

Edit: I was just thinking, it seems the old IN players want this shard to emulate previous versions.. if you go with what you've had, you'll get what you got. Didn't those shards go down?

Almost exactly what I just posted in lags' thread. Very wise and knowledgeable for sure.. The economy is amazing, but once I have everything in the game and Im bored of the pvp, Im sure ill leave. Its only about 20 players of the server that are on a mission to make it like the old IN's.. All the rest of these players are new to the server and Im sure accept it for what it is.

Gang Wrote:Describing this PvP is too long, don't feel like it... Adam did it once already , use the search function. But, if you can't see it from the duels, maybe you just don't get it? I'll gurantee you that you won't kill any good PvPer tho. He'll win all the time. Randomly.

Oh and... Everything die eventually, you will as well. IN1 was a huge success though.

What he said ..

Maximus Wrote:Almost exactly what I just posted in lags' thread. Very wise and knowledgeable for sure.. The economy is amazing, but once I have everything in the game and Im bored of the pvp, Im sure ill leave. Its only about 20 players of the server that are on a mission to make it like the old IN's.. All the rest of these players are new to the server and Im sure accept it for what it is.

How are you bored already? You barley even PvP'd I've seen you gank once and haven't even seen you in a tourney.. I mean you're not even trying at this point

sm0ke.. I didnt say im bored.. I was saying it will likely lead me to being bored

i haven't seen an unicorn in real life yet but i think they are awesome, funny, intelligence and playful like a kittens.