Poll: Should Paralyze fizzle Recall? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
55.38%
55.38%
No
30.77%
30.77%
Leave it the same
13.85%
13.85%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paralize Fizzling Recall

I would like to see Paralize changed and how it works with recall. There's certainly no reason as to why Paralize shouldn't cause you to fizzle recall. You might ask why do you want such changes? Well for example I'll list some reasons as to why the following should be fixed.

1. It's a harmful spell
2. Harmful spells fizzle recall
3. People using invis pots and recall scrolls can get away before you even use detect hidden. (Yes, it's true it's a safe world out there.)
4. The LoS within trees is just terrible, It doesn't feel like sphere at all the way tree's cause LoS and make you fizzle your spells.

There are other examples but I don't want to bash anything else the reason why I bring this up is because ganking is hard as it is. When you actually find someone and you get LoS'd by trees and he/she doesn't use invis pots and you finally paralyze that person, but then it doesn't fizzle recall and you think to your self well damn how do we even gank here if people use invis potions and recall scrolls..

So if you can tell me why paralyze should be intended to be like this (From what I've heard http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8...ith-recall) then please provide points as to why it should be because there's absolutley no reason for it to be like this. This isn't IN1 and no matter how hard we try to make it be like IN1 it can never replicate another server the PvP isn't the same as IN1 either so why should this be.

Anyways these are my thought and I'm sure there will be other players who agree and disagree, I would like to see why and what points could possibly make this intended to be like this.

I'm not totally against making paralyze fizzle recall. If that's what most players want then I'll change it.

Taran Wrote:I'm not totally against making paralyze fizzle recall. If that's what most players want then I'll change it.

Thank you, and thanks for the quick response!

sm0ke Wrote:I would like to see Paralize changed and how it works with recall. There's certainly no reason as to why Paralize shouldn't cause you to fizzle recall. You might ask why do you want such changes? Well for example I'll list some reasons as to why the following should be fixed.

1. It's a harmful spell
2. Harmful spells fizzle recall
3. People using invis pots and recall scrolls can get away before you even use detect hidden. (Yes, it's true it's a safe world out there.)
4. The LoS within trees is just terrible, It doesn't feel like sphere at all the way tree's cause LoS and make you fizzle your spells.

There are other examples but I don't want to bash anything else the reason why I bring this up is because ganking is hard as it is. When you actually find someone and you get LoS'd by trees and he/she doesn't use invis pots and you finally paralyze that person, but then it doesn't fizzle recall and you think to your self well damn how do we even gank here if people use invis potions and recall scrolls..

So if you can tell me why paralyze should be intended to be like this (From what I've heard http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8...ith-recall) then please provide points as to why it should be because there's absolutley no reason for it to be like this. This isn't IN1 and no matter how hard we try to make it be like IN1 it can never replicate another server the PvP isn't the same as IN1 either so why should this be.

Anyways these are my thought and I'm sure there will be other players who agree and disagree, I would like to see why and what points could possibly make this intended to be like this.

Agreed

[COLOR="red"]I agree but only if they make all spell fizzlable. So I didnt vote any of the choice.

-Xerxes
[/COLOR]

Quote:I agree but only if they make all spell fizzlable. So I didnt vote any of the choice.

-Xerxes

:confused:!

Yea, why should it just affect recall thats dumb

Oh and as an edit to that why should 20 votes count as everyone, theres almost 200 people on right now. I don't mean specificly for this vote but for all votes. Maybe you should implement a system where if enough people vote here it becomes an ingame vote to reach more people. Just an idea

Dracolith Wrote:Oh and as an edit to that why should 20 votes count as everyone, theres almost 200 people on right now. I don't mean specificly for this vote but for all votes. Maybe you should implement a system where if enough people vote here it becomes an ingame vote to reach more people. Just an idea

Like an in game voting system? The only problem with having that many people is that they all need to make an account and view the forums to post and participate in votes :p

I accidently voted No, I meant to vote yes :/

Voted No, why should ganking be easier because you can't gank people. If they can get away using invis pots and recall scrolls which are part of the game, good for them. But this kind of goes back to another poll and what Xerxes said, why only make one spell fizzlable and not all?

I completely agree with Catalyst and Xerxes.. And if you do change it to paralyze fizzling recall! Than you gotta make runebooks newbied.. And if this idea gets passed thru to ingame.. Im not gonna lie.. im gonna be pretty annoyed. I wont complain, but my attitude will shift for the worse. If your gonna make it fizzle.. Than make all spells get fizzled. And if your gonna make it so you cant recall why paralyzed.. make runebooks newbied or else your gonna have a ALOOTTTT of complaints coming your way. Just a heads up. And ganking should not be easier! That is the noobiest thing I have ever heard in my life.