Poll: Should Paralyze fizzle Recall? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
55.38%
55.38%
No
30.77%
30.77%
Leave it the same
13.85%
13.85%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paralize Fizzling Recall

Catalyst Wrote:Voted No, why should ganking be easier because you can't gank people. If they can get away using invis pots and recall scrolls which are part of the game, good for them. But this kind of goes back to another poll and what Xerxes said, why only make one spell fizzlable and not all?

Maximus Wrote:I completely agree with Catalyst and Xerxes.. And if you do change it to paralyze fizzling recall! Than you gotta make runebooks newbied.. And if this idea gets passed thru to ingame.. Im not gonna lie.. im gonna be pretty annoyed. I wont complain, but my attitude will shift for the worse. If your gonna make it fizzle.. Than make all spells get fizzled. And if your gonna make it so you cant recall why paralyzed.. make runebooks newbied or else your gonna have a ALOOTTTT of complaints coming your way. Just a heads up. And ganking should not be easier! That is the noobiest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Both of you say it's a part of the game, but the game is custom made no shard is the same. Harmful spells should fizzle recall you can't even use detect in time to reveal people invis pots and people who use recall scrolls let alone hit them to fizzle it.

edit: not to mention what does runebooks have to do with ganking? Don't carry them on you runes aren't meant to be newbied neither are runebooks. Simple solution take 2 seconds and cast a mark spell on a blank rune to get to your new location and keep your rune book in your bank..

I just don't think it makes sense that one spell should be fizzled and not the rest. I mean if your para'd you technicly shouldn't be able to do anything. I voted yes but my vote includes all spells

Well you would still be able to recall while paralyzed, but you would be fizzled when it hits you.
Getting away will still be pretty simple if you carry around an invis pot and a recall scroll.

We'll see how the voting turns out though.
The reason recall is fizzable is because otherwise everyone would be able to get away pretty much all the time. Just hit recall when Pk's show up and you are safe. There should be a bit bigger risk than that if you decide to venture out on your own I think Smile

You should always have a way out of gimp para ganks....and invis pots cost 1k each....not exactly free. Seems like this thread just wants to cater to ganks and make it impossible for people to get away.

If it goes this route, before you know it, there's gonna be votes for more spells to only affect certain other spells. (if you give a mouse a cookie) pvp is gonna have an intimidating learning curve.....most likely resulting in new players losing interest and leaving...... Weve all seen the shards with 1 or 2 elite zerg gank squads that make gameplay impossible to enjoy for the rest of the community. [SIZE="3"]Not everyone has a group to venture out with, should they be punished and not able to enjoy the shard?[/SIZE]

If you make it fizzle....make all spells fizzle-able....that system has worked on countless other shards for years with great pvp. People argue that this is sphere bla bla....and that its trying to replicate, but bite your tongue...youre trying to change it yourself and for your own advantage....not the best interest of the community imo.

The all fizzle system would cause people to adjust, but so would any change. The fizzle all system would be the most logical, however. There would be no more need for discussions like this or voting for what spells affect what.

If youre gonna do this, why not make FS fizzleable by only magic arrow? See where this is going?

My 2 cents

sm0ke Wrote:Both of you say it's a part of the game, but the game is custom made no shard is the same. Harmful spells should fizzle recall you can't even use detect in time to reveal people invis pots and people who use recall scrolls let alone hit them to fizzle it.

edit: not to mention what does runebooks have to do with ganking? Don't carry them on you runes aren't meant to be newbied neither are runebooks. Simple solution take 2 seconds and cast a mark spell on a blank rune to get to your new location and keep your rune book in your bank..
Well recalls are part of the game, invis pots are custom but they're still in this server. Why not utilize them? Might as well remove them if that's a huge issue, but you could always use invis scrolls instead or the skills Hiding and Stealth which again.. part of the game. I just don't see the reason to make it easier for murderers to gank, going red and pvping is a choice and it should be more difficult than staying blue and avoiding fights. That's what I always thought anyway.. but hey why not, I don't mind being ganked everytime I step out of a guarded zone. Rolleyes

Conversely say it does get changed, and I get attacked by 3 reds who keep fizzling my recalls with para's when I'm paralyzed I can't fizzle their harmful spells to try and defend myself? It feels like a lose lose situation as I can only attack one person, or try to heal myself and what.. run to the nearest town?

Edit: Well said Kennedy.

Kennedy Wrote:You should always have a way out of gimp para ganks....and invis pots cost 1k each....not exactly free. Seems like this thread just wants to cater to ganks and make it impossible for people to get away.

If it goes this route, before you know it, there's gonna be votes for more spells to only affect certain other spells. (if you give a mouse a cookie) pvp is gonna have an intimidating learning curve.....most likely resulting in new players losing interest and leaving...... Weve all seen the shards with 1 or 2 elite zerg gank squads that make gameplay impossible to enjoy for the rest of the community. [SIZE="3"]Not everyone has a group to venture out with[/SIZE].

If you make it fizzle....make all spells fizzle-able....that system has worked on countless other shards for years with great pvp. People argue that this is sphere bla bla....and that its trying to replicate, but bite your tongue...youre trying to change it yourself and for your own advantage....not the best interest of the community imo.

The all fizzle system would cause people to adjust, but so would any change.

My 2 cents

It's not a big change that I want to see happen here, all harmful spells already fizzle recall as where paralyze should as well. It's not nearly impossible to get away from ganks at all. Detect hidden takes 1-1.5 seconds to reveal players you cast recall scroll (1 second cast) use invis pot while casted and your 100% safe as it is. Not to mention if you have magic reflect on it's 100% safe. If anything making this change to paralyze allowing it fizzle recall would make the shard less care bare. As Taran said it's very easy to get away as of right now and there should be some risk when you venture out into the world.

EDIT:

Catalyst Wrote:Well recalls are part of the game, invis pots are custom but they're still in this server. Why not utilize them? Might as well remove them if that's a huge issue, but you could always use invis scrolls instead or the skills Hiding and Stealth which again.. part of the game. I just don't see the reason to make it easier for murderers to gank, going red and pvping is a choice and it should be more difficult than staying blue and avoiding fights. That's what I always thought anyway.. but hey why not, I don't mind being ganked everytime I step out of a guarded zone. Rolleyes

Conversely say it does get changed, and I get attacked by 3 reds who keep fizzling my recalls with para's when I'm paralyzed I can't fizzle their harmful spells to try and defend myself? It feels like a lose lose situation as I can only attack one person, or try to heal myself and what.. run to the nearest town?

Edit: Well said Kennedy.

That's where balance falls into place thus this poll. Stealth invis scrolls and hiding aren't instant like a potion that can be used at any time so it wouldn't have the same problem.

To get away from reds you can easily heal and use Line of Sight to prevent your self from dying and then attempt to recall again.

The fizzle business should not only be limited to one spell, either you have it all or none it makes no sense otherwise, wasn't there an argument or discussion about fizzling spells in pvp that was basically lambasted by nearly 100% by the playerbase?

Hmm Kennedy hit it right on the head with this one! I say something and I get bombarded by players who SAID NO YOUR TRYING TO CHANGE THE SHARD! .. And Smoke, you said you can use the potion w.e.. So What your saying there is no timer for potion drinking? If thats the case than that should be changed to a timer.. Taran, Take a deep second to think about what your thinking about doing bud. Either go the whole way with fizzle spells.. or leave it alone. This server is growing HUGELY right now.. Dont try to be a super-admin like all the past failures. And the community that is voting on this forum are all close knotted.. You cant make your decisions based on votes on the forums. I can easily have 50 people right now make accounts and vote NO or Yes.. You know what Im saying? Be smart.

Fulmanar Wrote:The fizzle business should not only be limited to one spell, either you have it all or none it makes no sense otherwise, wasn't there an argument or discussion about fizzling spells in pvp that was basically lambasted by nearly 100% by the playerbase?

What are you talking about? EVERY important direct harmful spell but paralyze fizzles recall. That's ALL I'm trying to change paralyze should already fizzle recall but apparently it did not that's all i'm trying to change nothing more nothing less.

Edit: I'm focusing on recall because it will be QUITE impossible to gank players as it's very "care bare" right now to get away when venturing out of town. There's no reason to change the whole pvp system over one spell where as clumsy magic arrow harm etc already fizzle it to begin with.

Maximus Wrote:Hmm Kennedy hit it right on the head with this one! I say something and I get bombarded by players who SAID NO YOUR TRYING TO CHANGE THE SHARD! .. And Smoke, you said you can use the potion w.e.. So What your saying there is no timer for potion drinking? If thats the case than that should be changed to a timer.. Taran, Take a deep second to think about what your thinking about doing bud. Either go the whole way with fizzle spells.. or leave it alone. This server is growing HUGELY right now.. Dont try to be a super-admin like all the past failures. And the community that is voting on this forum are all close knotted.. You cant make your decisions based on votes on the forums. I can easily have 50 people right now make accounts and vote NO or Yes.. You know what Im saying? Be smart.

There is a timer on all pots, but to use the first one there won't ever be a delay so there is no change that can occur to prevent this from happening. What's with this whole fizzle spell fizzle thing why does everyone want that all of a sudden when they all just bashed maximus for it. I'll never understand it..

sm0ke Wrote:That's where balance falls into place thus this poll. Stealth invis scrolls and hiding aren't instant like a potion that can be used at any time so it wouldn't have the same problem.

To get away from reds you can easily heal and use Line of Sight to prevent your self from dying and then attempt to recall again.
Sounds more like you would rather not have invis pots. What are the chances I would actually survive a gank from 3 people only using LoS (i'm not a very good pvper) and what if I'm in the desert with barely any obstacles, LoS doesn't really have a factor there. If it was one person and I was suited up I would probably stay and fight, if you kill me so be it, congrats. But there's no way in hell I'm sticking around to fight off a gank, with probably a 5% survivability rate so if I have to use an invis pot and recall scroll before you can hit your Detect Hidden macro I think that sounds pretty fair because then it comes down to reaction time whether you can detect me and fizzle my recall before I go. And like you said all other harmful spells fizzle recall so it shouldn't be too hard for 2 or 3 people to get the job done.

Smoke.. People wanted it.. They just didnt comment on the post.. look at how many people voted yes.. it was like nearly 20 yes's. They just didnt speak up. People are just saying tho, If your gonna make fizzling happen to one spell.. You gotta add it to all of them.. Like teachers say about chewing gum. If you dont have enough for the whole class.. Dont bring it in!.. BUT I dont understand why ganking is being promoted.. Ganking is the worst. There will always be ganking but why not some respected 1v1 duels? There are always lone wolves out there who need help with getting away, God forbid they drink a invis pot.. blow up and xplosion pot where u think they are! If u hit em with a fs right away and they drink a gheal, then they cant use a invis pot..I BOOO any idea on helping gankers.. Thats the lamest thing I have ever heard

i don't like the atmosphere here. Can people calm down?