Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spam limit for .wop, active on server rebot

Someone said I used the same macros, and really, that is as far from the truth as you can get.

Me, including a small percentage of the old server, only used spams on hit (but also sometimes on miss). We have never had a macro spamming constantly, as you pretty much go away from scaring people into doing things. Spamming on hit looks a lot more like a cast than holding a macro saying 7 words/second and it results in that you will scare people into doing a defensive action.

Now, the reason to why I know that it's not limiting is cause I did good with it, so did everyone else that used it. I'm quite sure that people have not been able to see my spells, cause one of the things that I did the most was my sneaky FSes, and people died. Me with my PvP record, using this way of spamming, should speak for itself.

Now on changing the spam limit. We chose this value cause we thought it gave the most options for different variety of spams. If you want to spam 2 words/second you can still do that, just make a macro for it. For the ones that want to use this in a better way, they have that option to.

There is nothing that says that 8/4 is a fixed value, might be changed into something else, but we are not going to change it after 2 days. People need to adept and try to use spams in a different way, then we can re-evaluate.

One thing is for sure though, if the spam limit is not limiting you from reaching your best, then its really is not limiting. Don't settle for average constant spamming.

Gang-Bang Wrote:You must spam all the time. If you will spam just when u cast spell enemy will know what u castingWink Its not hard to figure it out depends on situation. For example if he just hit u and u see spam, what do u think he casts?^^

Incognito?

That sarcasm is sooo funny, especially when it comes from top pvper like youBig Grin

A taste of my own medicine. It tastes like sunshine and candy!

im no top pvper but i have never had a nonstop spam macro, this change did not effect me Big Grin

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

I do remember the old days when MegaDeth played.... he didnt need any silly spam to kill ppl left and right...

Sure he was banned cheating with ingots but damn he could pvp.

Man made booze, God did not
God made pot, man did not

Quote: im no top pvper but i have never had a nonstop spam macro, this change did not effect me
It doesnt effect on me tooSmile I use primitive spam like Kal Vas Flam, alwas was too lazy to make good oneSmile

Hello, well I just spam on hits and someother times like when I'm using bandages. But anyway it affect me since if I spam after hit then heal with greater heal scrol I won't have more spam until 3 seconds, I think there should be a timer or a delay on spam but we should be able to spam a little like 15 spam each 4 seconds or maybe a little more.

Anyway thats my point of view and we all have our own opinion, Thanks for reading.

15/4 sec is more than 3 rows each sec = nonstop Big Grin

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

maybe something like 11 or 12 Big Grin?

Lanfear Wrote:I do remember the old days when MegaDeth played.... he didnt need any silly spam to kill ppl left and right...

Sure he was banned cheating with ingots but damn he could pvp.

Mega was really good back then and he kicked the ass off most people, but we need to keep in mind that back then people did not know how to PvP good. Mega had some good timing, he knew when to dump, he focused a lot on these big mana-savings and then 4 FS + 1 light attacks (precast on the first one), but hey - it worked back then, and he won most tourneys, so yes - he didn't need spam back then, but nooobody used spam back then.

And just for your information - duels did take a lot longer back then, at least when Mega fought somebody else who knew how to PvP and how to stay alive in duels, like for example Shivan, Paul or ChAoS. I remember Mega duelling people for over 2 hours back then, observers had to leave the tourney and the winner was announced two hours later when the duel finally ended, it almost always had to go to naked 1v1 in the end, and it still took ages.

The XUO PvP is a PvP which is evolved from the old No-vus PvP, the spam was added to give more variety to the PvP, and to speed it up. To survive against somebody who used spam wisely you'd have to have a lot more skill than you needed to have back when u could see every spam somebody casted, because now you had to READ your opponents too, and always be prepaired for a dump, a magic reflection, or a heal.

We also removed total mana potions back then because u could get back to full mana in no-time after a total dump since all u had to do was drink one total mana potion and u were back at 40 mana again, and a lil while later u drank another one and was at 80. Nowadays if u me-ss up u actually have to wait a while and drink quite a few manas before you're back up to full mana again, and during that time your opponent will have a big advantage on you.

Hits were also a lot weaker back at No-vus, so we improved the hits on most weapons. For example Mega almost ALWAYS used an halberd in the tourneys at no-vus since that's one of the few weapons that could hit hard enough to actually give him the chance to kill somebody with a 4 fs and 1 light perfect timed dump, vs people who knew how to heal.

Mega later on returned to XUO by the way, and back then he - just like all the rest of us - used the spam, and he was still just as good as the other best people at the shard, not "way above them" like back then, because at XUO most people had learned how to PvP and survive vs good attacks.

I'm not going to say that Mega isn't a legend or a great PvPer from back then, because he was, he knew how to PvP when hardly anybody else did, and he was better than everybody else at that point, but if u would put Mega at this shard now without a spam he would not be kicking everybody elses ass, that's pretty much a fact.

Anyways, Mega is (or was) a friend of mine back then, Shivan still is one, they're both great at this type of PvP, but with more people learning how to PvP the skill-level had to be raised, or every duel would have ended in naked 1v1 box, and that's not a fun way to end a duel, so the spam was added for a good reason, and it's here to stay :]

I hope that I've enlightened you a bit on all of this in my post :] I also hope that you'll learn to appreciate the spam even more from now on, because it seriously is a very good thing for this PvP-style, trust me :]

Regards,
Hate

Erwin Wrote:But anyway it affect me since if I spam after hit then heal with greater heal scrol I won't have more spam until 3 seconds, I think there should be a timer or a delay on spam but we should be able to spam a little like 15 spam each 4 seconds or maybe a little more.

Anyway thats my point of view and we all have our own opinion, Thanks for reading.
This was the only negative thing I could think of when picking this limit. Me and the person I was reasoning foresaw this problem, but we later decided it was none.

If you spam, then are forced to GHeal scroll, changes are that you will have to cast another heal afterward. Our reasoning was that as soon as you GHeal scroll, your next move is an obvious defensive move, so it does not matter if your opponent knows it. (I've never seen anyone besides me going Gheal scroll then fs, some people go gh scroll then light).

I also know that this becomes an issue for the people that spams on bandages and "fail" a lot of bandages intentionally, but as far as I know, me and you were the only people doing so. My bandage macro actually always fizzled a spell, just for confusion.

Fact is however that we need to limit useless spams. Another fact is that we do not want to limit any good use of the spam, where everything besides a constant spam macro is pretty much considered to be good use. If people have good numbers to do so, please give us a suggestion, and let us know in what ways the spam can be used wit your numbers.