Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spam limit for .wop, active on server rebot

We have now finally enabled the spam limit on .wops . I know a lot of people will have a hard time accepting this, but it has been a long time coming.

The spam limit will be 8 spams / 4 seconds. This value has been chosen to accommodate for the different PvP styles and weapon speeds and it should allow you for a lot of different spam options. When you pass the 8/4 limit you will not be able to use any wops until the next 4 seconds, this means your spells will be visible if you wasted your spam. In the future a penalty system (e.g squelching) might be added.

The reason for the spam has always been to confuse players, and it has also been a big part of skill to our PvP (reading and tricking your opponent). Now, with the limit in place, using spams will require even more skill. You have to think about when you want to trick your opponent and when you want to hide your spells.

The 8/4 limitations should only limit people with a constant spam macro, and those are the ones we are trying to limit. It should not limit any interesting and intriguing part of our PvP.

Great work im eager to see how this will work out Smile

Man made booze, God did not
God made pot, man did not

Why are you changing our pvp maka?

Like you said now we need more skill...... pvp its changed not much but its different if you dont have any good reason to do it lot of players from xuo like me wont accept it. Right now i dont like duel and too many players are thinking the same.

i dont want to **** you maka but i have to say something about this shit.

CryCryCryCryCryCry

I dislike the limit too................

This change has been planned for a long time, and frankly, it is not a huge change. It does however make a difference on lag and the opinion people have about our server, especially their willingness to try PvP.

What was meant with this change is to signal people that the spam is not a random thing we just put in, it has a functionality and it is a wonderful and intriguing part of our PvP. We want people to give it a try.

Now, those are our reasons. We do not plan to change anything else with the PvP, but if you cannot accept this, please let me know why. I do not see this as a negative part.

I'm glad there won't be people running around spamming a button that says 10 power words per second. I used to open up my journal when those people were on screen and say something just to watch my word get swept out of the journal within seconds.

I'm sorry but i have to agree with Delfos on this one.. We were told the pvp wasn't going to change and this is a big change even if you don't see it. For one reason now mostly everyone can see what we are casting..

No offense to your hard work Maka but i had a delay in my spam macro and even with the delay i can spam properly.. I'm sure were not the only 2 that dislike the spam limit about 70% of xuo's pvpers spammed like this including you maka ;/ and for the part where you said it creates lag I don't think a some words can make lag =/ just flood journal all this spam limit did was make our spam have a delay not stop how much we can spam.. its just about the same I don't know why it was changed

that's my opinion ;/

Everything that happens in LOS creates lag... so the more random text that has to be processed by your client, the more lag you have a chance of experiencing. Although I don't pvp (yet Wink) I think that it should be tested and if people can adapt, then it should be left as it is now. You need spam to be a good pvper?

I don't need spam to craft well Wink. Adapt and overcome!

AIR POWER!

Well some of us like to hide what were casting Tongue its the way our style is made. Maybe we can come to some sort of agreement lowering the spams per second maybe 4 spams every 4 seconds instead of 4 per 8 seconds so we don't all spam like monsters but we can still spam to pvp Smile

I am an old XUO player, played on Jakko and Marks XUO that is and i do not remember the spam to be so annoying as it is here or was before the limit. Sure we spammed but we did so only when casting spells not nonstop. I was not even willing to test pvp here untill the spam limit got in place because it was soooooo redicoulous.

Man made booze, God did not
God made pot, man did not

Lanfear Wrote:I am an old XUO player, played on Jakko and Marks XUO that is and i do not remember the spam to be so annoying as it is here or was before the limit. Sure we spammed but we did so only when casting spells not nonstop. I was not even willing to test pvp here untill the spam limit got in place because it was soooooo redicoulous.

But sir please tell me why would you only spam it when you cast a spell? That means the players know when you are casting an fs or a lighitng on a hit.. or if you got hit they will know your healing.. That isnt pvp that's reading people like a book..

it's not really that ridiculous it's too hide what spell your using one of the main reasons why pvp is so fun Big Grin

I dont like the new change, you said the pvp would stay the same. People know im casting now, no flaming at 80 hp anymore because people just start healing(the good players anyways)

I joined this server because i heard the pvp was the same as OLD XUO

Well Changing it wont make me leave, but if you said nothing will change then dont start changing things. You sound like someone trying to be president. Making False Promises.

All Eyez On Me[SIZE="5"][/SIZE]