Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carebear server, PvP server and RP server in one

I think Maka's suggestion is fair. Have Pit Runes which only the dead can run on, and make it a longer delay. To be honest, as long as the delay is longer, I dont even care if you can do it while alive.

Before I say anymore, I'm an IN'er. I think we are over-discussing this. Its fairly simple, and it really isnt that big of a deal. If we have these pit runes near dungeons, and we can use them, dead or alive...what difference does it make? I honestly don't understand. How will it negatively impact the shard? I think that is the first question we should all be asking ourselves everytime we discuss something ; How wil lthis negatively impact the shard?. "Carebear" is not a valid answer.

If we are alive, having a pit rune is no different than recalling back to town. If you are dead, it will signifigantly reduce frustration by having to run back and res.

If people are so strongly against having pit runes around dungeons, then yeah I say find a medium, but sometimes I think we argue for the sake of the arguement, and to win it, rather than have a constructive conversation. Lets stop being 2 sides of the argument (IN vs XUO) and just be a damn community already.

I'd be game for guild banks, or house banks, and the runes.

I kinda got used to it and liked it. It's no biggie to run around, but dying on an island and then having no way out is kind of a bummer.

I can see both sides on this matter.

One side wants the runes because its more convinient and easier.

Other side doesnt because it removes alot of risk and excitment from going to a far away dungeon.

Im personally against such "free instant teleportation". A dungeon is supposed to be far away and a difficult and dangerous place to be. I realise that this will never be quite true but we should not compromise it even further.

UO isnt a fast and easy game. Its not quick enjoyment or simple fun. UO is vastly more complicated and fun is gained over time and mainly thru playing alongside others.
If getting good equipment and high skills was fast then there is nothing left to achieve and the game turns stale and boring.

So we have such skills like hiding, stealth, PROVOCATION ( !!! ), Peacemaking, Discordance, 3 ways of healing, recalling without fizzle and we still need some rune? If you die in dungeons, maybe its just too big challenge for you and you should take brit GY or smth? And please dont bring these "What to do for pks", because they chose to have harder life than blue lol. I am actually against pits too, but thats another topic ;p.

Fun isn't somethinig you..aquire. Like depositing money into a trust fund and waiting 50 years to cash in on it. Fun's not like that.

A game should be readily fun and available to all. Counter-strike for example can be complex and still requires little to play. Whether novice, or an experienced player, all can compete, fairly, even if all the items are given to you. It then comes down to practice and skill.

This isn't asking a great deal, nor is the house banking I think.

The impact this would have on dungeons isn't as detrimental as people think. I think it'll promote more people, more interaction.

By making something hard, or in this case, just annoying. Hard isn't the problem, it's outright annoying, which is what Jakko was mentioning. By making it annoying, it begins to lose the fun factor and becomes more like tedious work.

Eventually you get tired and stop. I've played with those stones on a lot of servers and they don't make things unchallengeable. They provide a means of transportation for people who do not always know where to go or what to do.

Granted, I've played this game long enough to know every inch of the damned map, which is admittedly pathetic when said out loud, but a lot don't have the time or don't care to. They want to hunt, Pk, or hunt with friends. They want it to be enjoyable and not annoying.

I don't think it takes away from the challenge, because the monsters aren't dropping more gold and aren't getting easier because of it..therefore, the only truly adverse affect is really a matter of opinion of how each of us think the game should be played.

Opinions are just that-opinions I guess. :/

I have an idea, everyone who likes pit runes, kill everyone you see who is against them, they will get annoyed soon and beg the admins to implement them

lol. A true PKer's reply. Tongue

Jakko makes a post stating his opinion

In'ers follow up with posts: You are wrong

XUO'ers follow up with posts: I agree with Jakko

Bottom line is we merged two separate races of game players, Xuo's are more like the kids who put in game genie codes on RPG's cause they dont feel like working to beat the game. And In'ers are the ones who find everything without even using the guide. I don't foresee us ever agreeing on this. And all evidence up to this point affirms that.

It will just take time to get use to one anothers playing style. Over time i think we will become one great shard Smile

Horacio Wrote:I think Maka's suggestion is fair. Have Pit Runes which only the dead can run on, and make it a longer delay. To be honest, as long as the delay is longer, I dont even care if you can do it while alive.

Before I say anymore, I'm an IN'er. I think we are over-discussing this. Its fairly simple, and it really isnt that big of a deal. If we have these pit runes near dungeons, and we can use them, dead or alive...what difference does it make? I honestly don't understand. How will it negatively impact the shard? I think that is the first question we should all be asking ourselves everytime we discuss something ; [B]How wil lthis negatively impact the shard?
. "Carebear" is not a valid answer.

If we are alive, having a pit rune is no different than recalling back to town. If you are dead, it will signifigantly reduce frustration by having to run back and res.

If people are so strongly against having pit runes around dungeons, then yeah I say find a medium, but sometimes I think we argue for the sake of the arguement, and to win it, rather than have a constructive conversation. Lets stop being 2 sides of the argument (IN vs XUO) and just be a damn community already[/B].

Wow that's amazing.

Will everyone who's disagreeing with the whole pit's issue re-read this mans post and tell us exactly why you're still unhappy with the idea? It's as simple as he put it. Pit's rune doesnt tweak any monsters, the dungeon is JUST as hard because nothings done to the dungeon, the pit's rune is used when you would like to leave the dungeon, instead of using recall spell or when you're dead it can be used as a way back home.

I don't understand how this can interfeer with the "fun" and make the dungeon any "easier".

There's certain dungeons, like lets say shame,hygloth, etc... where you need to pull leavers,torches, etc... just to open a door. Tell me, will a resurrection gate outside that dungeon help you get your body back? I mean once your dead in a place like this your dead for good man. You cant just go res outside and expect to get back to level 5 without a reag bag/horse rofl. It just doesnt add up, the system isnt right the way it's setup. In those types of dungeons who says that everyone has a rune to the place you're hunting? Every location has leavers/torches to enter them or hidden barrels, etc... Having a pit's rune outside a dungeon like that would be extremely usefull and beneficial for everyone.

Honestly guys, this pits rune feature is a feature no other shard has. It's unique and eliminates headaches. There's many people who can on XUO and complimented the system, new players from different shards. People like change, when they see something other shards dont have they tend to like the server any more. Servers which are all identical dont have reason for players to stay, this can be on of those factors which can make someone change his mind about INX instantly.

There is no harm in this, the dungeon is just as hard, you need to get your regrements (not like someones handing you anything), you need to run back where you died and face the same monsters u did before.

As someone mentioned about dying to pkers. Well if you're really a pker and someone owned you, I guarantee you'll go back there over and over, whether its with a group of friends or on your own. No "PK'er" likes to die and well they always want revenge, always. This pits rune will cause more activity, because the person who killed you WANTS you to come back so he can "own" you again. What good is it if you kill someone in a dungeon and you know he'll be back in thirty minutes because he has to hike his ass back to a town just to get stocked.

Eventually, after dying a lot, people will just log out because they have no convienient way of getting back and actually playing the game.

It's not rocket science people, it's not "carebare" either, it's simply removing frustration and making it less of a headache when your dead.

Further more, IN'ers have never used this system, and XUO players have. I dont think that someone can judge a system they haven't used before. The best way to resolve this is to put the pit's rune outside the dungeons for lets say 2 weeks, see how poeple like the idea of it, and two weeks from that time we will meet back at the forums and see what everyone has to say. You need to try it out and see it firsthand and than give criticism, you can criticize a system properly if you haven't used it before versus someone who has...

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

Silver made some good points especially the 2 or so week trial

And i do also like makas idea, only the dead can use it and a longer delay sounds like a good idea!

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

maka Wrote:How about if you sparr against something else, like a player..? Ettins and dragons and what ever you've tried so far does not work that well cause they hit you with damage enough to interrupt you.

I've GMed Anatomy, parrying, swords and fencing in ~ 16h, started with 80 in all of them (I have also gained a fair amount of tactics, though this is not GMed). If I would have trained up my healing to 95-99 before sparring, I could have done it in ~ 13-14. So please, UO is a game where knowledge gives you power, don't blame the skill gain when you sparr with an ettin.
Yep, testing this right now with Bane. We've been sparring for about 40 minutes and barely any gains. Doubt ill be gm in 14 hours. And im gm healing. There must be something fishy with the script and damage. Tbh it shouldnt cancel when you take above a certain ammount. Are you telling me im gonna get better gains from hitting something that wont be able to hit me back at all?

[Image: nori32ef6.png]
-Ya. I'm Oracle. Cry more.