Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carebear server, PvP server and RP server in one

Noone is trying to make anything a carebear server.
And instead of wondering whos fault it is that you die in a dungeon, I hoped most would be able to see the bigger picture and wonder how the game can be most fun, while still being challenging.
It seems to me you have no ideas about this?

and you simply want a help box to hold your hand.. its making it carebear.

Few things to say...

I agree with the main point that things should be challenging instead of frustrating. Doesn't mean that I consider it frustrating not having pit runes, though.

Stereotypes about IN and XUO players suck. It's IN:X, whole new server, so stop putting labels on everyone and everything that you don't even really know yet. I partly agreed with someone who's from XUO and I'm former IN player. World is going to fall apart! Rolleyes

Jakko i think you have to clarify these annoyances a little more, examples other than pit runes.

Quote:Originally Posted by Jakko
For example pits runes at dungeon entrances...

Does the lack of these pits runes make hunting more challenging?
Is being stuck for some time untill one of your friends logs on to gate you out very challenging?
No, it is annoying, and it blocks your gameplay.

This is what everyone is debating rather than the real question of what is annoying compared to challenging.

And we have established there is a stuck option and therefore if you get stuck it doesnt block game play, you dont have to walk for 30 minutes.

So people should come up with annoyances they have encountered and try think of a solution that isnt carebear, take some initiative in your own gameplay.

For a bad example pit runes so you can get out of a dungeon when you die is a carebear idea (because all you really want it for is a way to get your stuff back faster, making dungeoning less challenging, risky), use stuck option. i know it wasnt designed for that, but use it anyway until maybe the admins decide to discuss an alternative method.

For a good example, i get annoyed getting pked by the same guy every 20 minutes when im mining or blacksmithing...you know who you are, i counteract this by changing location to avoid that annoyance.

So clarify annoyances and think of a viable solution that aint spoon feeding

Is this what you want the post to be about Jakko, because thats my take of it?

Kalanor Wrote:Jakko i think you have to clarify these annoyances a little more, examples other than pit runes.

This is what everyone is debating rather than the real question of what is annoying compared to challenging.

And we have established there is a stuck option and therefore if you get stuck it doesnt block game play, you dont have to walk for 30 minutes.

So people should come up with annoyances they have encountered and try think of a solution that isnt carebear, take some initiative in your own gameplay.

For a bad example pit runes so you can get out of a dungeon when you die is a carebear idea (because all you really want it for is a way to get your stuff back faster, making dungeoning less challenging, risky), use stuck option. i know it wasnt designed for that, but use it anyway until maybe the admins decide to discuss an alternative method.

For a good example, i get annoyed getting pked by the same guy every 20 minutes when im mining or blacksmithing...you know who you are, i counteract this by changing location to avoid that annoyance.

So clarify annoyances and think of a viable solution that aint spoon feeding

Is this what you want the post to be about Jakko, because thats my take of it?

+1000

seems to me that the pits were promised to xuo players.
unfortunately noone thought to ask if the runes would still be in the same places
a fair example would be your transfered static houses having no doors

i dont see what the big deal is. if you die you still have to walk to the pits rune
5 sec delay then buy regs, i dont see anyone having time to suit up
obviously you died so your body cant be in all that safe a place and you still have to hope noone pks or looted you while your trying to get your stuff

trying to debate with some of you is pointless nomatter what we say it's going to be carebear. im just glad you guys let us have houses,rides and armor, ohh thats right because we can decorate them

maxkicker Wrote:im just glad you guys let us have houses,rides and armor, ohh thats right because we can decorate them

Im still trying to figure this bit out... little help? :eek:

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

maxkicker Wrote:seems to me that the pits were promised to xuo players.
unfortunately noone thought to ask if the runes would still be in the same places
a fair example would be your transfered static houses having no doors

i dont see what the big deal is. if you die you still have to walk to the pits rune
5 sec delay then buy regs, i dont see anyone having time to suit up
obviously you died so your body cant be in all that safe a place and you still have to hope noone pks or looted you while your trying to get your stuff

trying to debate with some of you is pointless nomatter what we say it's going to be carebear. im just glad you guys let us have houses,rides and armor, ohh thats right because we can decorate them

oh so funny

~Zorus, Tallmen, Garm, Syn, Senteil, etc IN1
~Seven Locks, Syn IN:R

~Admin Syn, Damien, Mary Jane - ONO
~Syn, some other random names - XUO
~Syn, Dodge Omni Turbo, Mary Jane - Navid1aUO

EVE Name: Slaquer ...sold my old account ;/

Gris Wrote:umm... the stuck function takes 2 minutes? Thats not to long? and you can do it twice in 24 hrs. If you die more than twice in 24 hrs then you deserve to walk back to town.

so if i die more than 2 times in 24hrs i can no longer afford to explore in fear of actually being stuck (what the stuck feature was intended for)

Elcid Wrote:Im still trying to figure this bit out... little help? :eek:

im saying that the only things you guys go for are silly decoration shit and whatever it takes to annoy the hell out of people
anything else is (carebear)

Canaris Wrote:Few things to say...

I agree with the main point that things should be challenging instead of frustrating. Doesn't mean that I consider it frustrating not having pit runes, though.

Stereotypes about IN and XUO players suck. It's IN:X, whole new server, so stop putting labels on everyone and everything that you don't even really know yet. I partly agreed with someone who's from XUO and I'm former IN player. World is going to fall apart! Rolleyes

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

maxkicker your not helping Jakkos cause at all! At least Jakko made sense hehe. And by "you" i guess you mean us INers? And not all of us want to decorate our houses and have tea parties like not all of XUO people want to run around chopping peoples heads off. Probably the best way to solve this issue is to come up with some kind of a compromise? Or let the GM's decide on what is to be done. But i think everyone has voiced their opinions on this topic and its getting nowhere really. So... uhh... wheres my g-unit sneakers? :eek:

Keep IN:R history alive and bring back the Turtle Pond