Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Content request (you post, we make it)

Ye, it was... For sure

Yes I remember not sure if was Oracle or Guldur on an event, he was wearing a daemon armor ( I think) with a robe, and after the fight over he take off the robe and was wearing a female plate iron chest :lol: ....

Ask Theo , he was an adept of female armor on IN :lol:

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Maybe the female invul on my vendor will finally sell, yay!
I'd use it but i dont like to tuck my sack back.

Any word on any sort of medi change? Its so worthless Sad

I think that we should have more events that dont require GMs's to be there. such as 1vs1 tournies, like you already scripted maka...

Also another thing, I've seen this on hybrid I believe. We should make it so if you want to start a dual vs someone, you type something like, lets dual, or whatever... and you send a message to the person you want to duel. You should automatically get a popup with all the persons requests such as;

loot tourney, no loot, for cash and the amount, or no cash, etc.... and than get teleported to an arena...

Than we should have a stone that has different teleporters to different arenas where you can spectate. And when you double click the stone, it should tell you if someone is dueling there or not, if so, there names should be indicated.

this could work for all types of duels, 1vs1, 2vs2, 5vs5, anything really...

aside from that::::

more tamable rides, more llamas, zos, etc... all different colors...

that's all i remember, ive been away for so long i dont remember what i thought the server was lacking lol.

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

what are the chance to make chao/order shield use-able by anyone??

i mean you are paying freakin 200k + getting the fame for it, and i heard it's not even got that great of an ar to it.

*bump*

Keep on posting ideas guys, things you would like to see

Many more Igs/armor types.

All pvp skills made to only take about an hour each, start new players with 80-100 magery and 80-100 swords, 100 hide and stealth, and 100/100/100 stats so they can immediately start playing and hunting.

All skills not directly related to crafts made easier. (For example, I gm'd all my combats on a horse. Swords, mace, fencing, tactics, parry, wrestle, and archery to 80, at the end of all that my vetrinary skill from healing the horse was 85ish, even the most useless skills are insane time sinks here its just stupid.) I'll say it one last time, this isnt 2003, majority of players have gm'd all these skills before and then lost them all again when their shard was taken down. The players have been let down many times in the sphere community and they just want to get in and play without a huge amount of time wasted away gm'ing pvp/hunting skills again. Its about the players and letting them have as much fun as quickly as possible.

Spawns where the ride that spawns is completely random, to be placed for pvp hotspots like wind. Make the changes to mount spawn system I outlined in the other thread.

Revamp the main site page to be more exciting, keep constant updates on what exactly staff is working on, start up a new player wiki to help direct new players and show them all INX really has to offer. Most people only experiance a very small part of UO, simply because they dont know about the rest of it, thunting is always a good example of this, or shard specific quests.

Revamp the pvp reward stone, hold weekly announced events. Guess what guys, if one staff member announces a weekly and cant be there, another one can do it for them. Its called teamwork. There a bunch of you and I refuse to believe you are all incapable of taking an hour a week to do a regular event. If you dont have the time, why are you staff? The players want to know what your doing with your staff time, what are you working on?

Also players never even expect events here anymore and as a result just macro all day on those stupid time sinks called skills which you all seem to think need to be insane to give them any value. The value of craft skills can come from the time spent on gathering resources to make the product. You've got the anti-afk resource gump in place and no multiclient allowed, so whats really the point in making skills so difficult? I've got a few craft skills which were very difficult to get, do I appreciate them more because I spent all that time doing them? Not really, I did them because there is nothing else to do, its a perpetual cycle of unactive players. I don't think crafts should be easy as pvp skills by any measure, but they could do with half the reps currently required and you'd only see benefit from it.

If your worried about people who gm'd already being upset that the skills are made easier, take a look at the playercount, I dont think the outcry will be too huge. Especially when they see how many new players will start and actually stay.

Create some sort of system where staff projects are tagged to the main page so everyone can see whats in the works, and whats coming with the next server reboot. If there are staff members who dont actively contribute (And by this I mean more then just posting to a forum once or twice a week), they need to be retired and new people with more energy, time, and enthusiam hired in.

Create an online time reward system of some kind for veteran players.

Stop worrying so much about whether its IN or its XUO or its Sphere, and start looking at what other shards are doing that works, look at what the players are saying they want. Take what works and leave what doesnt, if your not adapting to changes, constantly rethinking ideas, and making changes yourselves, then the shard is in a process of stagnation and the slow death that comes with it... *looks at shard status*

Allow account transfers from IN:R and XUO again. Give the players who remain an update on what the **** is happening with the server? Is it coming? Where is yanko? Nothing has been heard since he returned to NL and said he'd speak with XS guys. If its not coming, and there is no solution to this problem in sight then send the emails.

Do all this and your on your well on your way to a happy active playerbase. I'm sorry guys but I'm not holding my breath for any of this actually happening, I've kinda lost the faith Rolleyes

Jiraiya Wrote:I don't think crafts should be easy as pvp skills by any measure, but they could do with half the reps currently required and you'd only see benefit from it.

I think Half is to much, 20/25% should be enough. I say it and Im gm in all crafts except carpentry.

If it go help the shard do it. But 50% easy I think is to much.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Ryuuku Wrote:I think Half is to much, 20/25% should be enough. I say it and Im gm in all crafts except carpentry.

If it go help the shard do it. But 50% easy I think is to much.

The crafts I think are the most minor of problems with the shard. Thats one of the things I dont really think anyone cares if its made a bit easier or not, I just threw it in there as personal opinion.

Also, in order to see a lot of the newer features on the shard you need the v6 client. Add another pack to the downloads section which includes (Client v6.0.4, map1.mul, staidx1.mul, statics1.mul) Without those mul files you fail dependancy checks and cant use the latest client. Without this you cant see stuff like solen hive, and you cant use razor to force game window size to greater then 800x600, which just makes UO so much nicer to play and is great for pvp.

Jiraiya Wrote:Many more Igs/armor types.

All pvp skills made to only take about an hour each, start new players with 80-100 magery and 80-100 swords, 100 hide and stealth, and 100/100/100 stats so they can immediately start playing and hunting.

To make all combats GMable in an hour each is insane. I could see starting two melee combats at 80 so that players can just jump in and start hunting successfully. Start everyone at 75 healing (since it's just a matter of using aids by water and an XUO scroll... remove this delay into getting into the game). Start all players at 75/75/75 stats, that's reasonable. There are a lot of skills like stealth, hiding, anat, eval int, etc that just take time to train and use no resources. If we could give players a choice at starting ~80 in a few of them that would help get started faster. Starting with higher magery should not be an option as it costs to train. Perhaps giving 50 free magery instead of having to set it as one of your starting skills would be acceptable.

I like the ideas of new armor types. It'd be cool to bring back wizard and fire, imho.

Jiraiya Wrote:All skills not directly related to crafts made easier. (For example, I gm'd all my combats on a horse. Swords, mace, fencing, tactics, parry, wrestle, and archery to 80, at the end of all that my vetrinary skill from healing the horse was 85ish, even the most useless skills are insane time sinks here its just stupid.) I'll say it one last time, this isnt 2003, majority of players have gm'd all these skills before and then lost them all again when their shard was taken down. The players have been let down many times in the sphere community and they just want to get in and play without a huge amount of time wasted away gm'ing pvp/hunting skills again. Its about the players and letting them have as much fun as quickly as possible.

Getting players into the fray as soon as possible is a noble goal. I think that boosting the skills listed in the first section would go a long way to helping. Boost the loot in the newbie dungeon so that as soon as players have the skill high enough to disallow them into the newbie dungeon that they can hit some other spots in the world.

Jiraiya Wrote:Spawns where the ride that spawns is completely random, to be placed for pvp hotspots like wind. Make the changes to mount spawn system I outlined in the other thread.

Meh, screw pvp/taming hotspots. Hooray to spawning some mounts in random spots in the world at random times. But NOT manually! Make it find a radius within 2000 tiles of any given point. That should sufficiently cover the world.

Jiraiya Wrote:Revamp the main site page to be more exciting, keep constant updates on what exactly staff is working on, start up a new player wiki to help direct new players and show them all INX really has to offer. Most people only experiance a very small part of UO, simply because they dont know about the rest of it, thunting is always a good example of this, or shard specific quests.

I like the idea of making more eyepopping glitz on the main page. Keep players updated, plix. Wiki is also a good idea... if someone could make a mockup template I could definitely see providing starting information to help players get started. Guides are nice, but just spamming razor macros doesn't help if you don't know razor. We can discuss aspects of the game, the best ways to start, general ways to train skills, etc.

Jiraiya Wrote:Revamp the pvp reward stone, hold weekly announced events. Guess what guys, if one staff member announces a weekly and cant be there, another one can do it for them. Its called teamwork. There a bunch of you and I refuse to believe you are all incapable of taking an hour a week to do a regular event. If you dont have the time, why are you staff? The players want to know what your doing with your staff time, what are you working on?

Seriously, why was the reward for pvp tickets changed in the first place? I had 46 tickets and was about to get an R/R cloth at 48, then it was changed to 120. Wtf? I've heard that INX isnt hiring staffers because there are so many. Really? Why is it that when I page it takes more than 12 hrs to have a page answered (sometimes). I think we lose many players who get frustrated with the lack of knowledgable and available staff who can answer their questions quickly and have them on their way. That's not to say the staff who have been active aren't kickass Wink.

Jiraiya Wrote:Also players never even expect events here anymore and as a result just macro all day on those stupid time sinks called skills which you all seem to think need to be insane to give them any value. The value of craft skills can come from the time spent on gathering resources to make the product. You've got the anti-afk resource gump in place and no multiclient allowed, so whats really the point in making skills so difficult? I've got a few craft skills which were very difficult to get, do I appreciate them more because I spent all that time doing them? Not really, I did them because there is nothing else to do, its a perpetual cycle of unactive players. I don't think crafts should be easy as pvp skills by any measure, but they could do with half the reps currently required and you'd only see benefit from it.

Craft skills should remain very difficult. I've done them all and they're too easy as they are. I gathered all the resources for all of the skills myself. It's just a matter of being creative, inventive, and efficient. If you change them, make them tougher.

Jiraiya Wrote:If your worried about people who gm'd already being upset that the skills are made easier, take a look at the playercount, I dont think the outcry will be too huge. Especially when they see how many new players will start and actually stay.

Leave crafts alone. Make PVx skills easier. Leave magery where it is but give a boost to new players. This will help stimulate the player base.

Jiraiya Wrote:Create some sort of system where staff projects are tagged to the main page so everyone can see whats in the works, and whats coming with the next server reboot. If there are staff members who dont actively contribute (And by this I mean more then just posting to a forum once or twice a week), they need to be retired and new people with more energy, time, and enthusiam hired in.

I like this idea of holding staff members accountable (in a sense), but it really gives the players an idea of how things are running in the background. I think this would boost morale and keep new players on an even keel toward their end goal of enjoying the game. What's the point in having 38 million gold, all skills maxxed, every type of armor/weapon one can imagine, and being a badass if there's no end goal? The game isn't fun when there's no one on.

Jiraiya Wrote:Create an online time reward system of some kind for veteran players.

Holla.

Jiraiya Wrote:Stop worrying so much about whether its IN or its XUO or its Sphere, and start looking at what other shards are doing that works, look at what the players are saying they want. Take what works and leave what doesnt, if your not adapting to changes, constantly rethinking ideas, and making changes yourselves, then the shard is in a process of stagnation and the slow death that comes with it... *looks at shard status*

Yea, stagnation, bad. Change, good. Wah that doesn't "feel" spherish, who cares? Change is always nice. A lot of the changes that have been made so far have really improved the quality of the shard. We need to keep working projects, making spawns and improving tournaments.

Jiraiya Wrote:Allow account transfers from IN:R and XUO again. Give the players who remain an update on what the **** is happening with the server? Is it coming? Where is yanko? Nothing has been heard since he returned to NL and said he'd speak with XS guys. If its not coming, and there is no solution to this problem in sight then send the emails.

Yes. Why not allow players who didn't have access to internet/computer during the transition phase? If we can get more players out of it, why the heck not?

Jiraiya Wrote:Do all this and your on your well on your way to a happy active playerbase. I'm sorry guys but I'm not holding my breath for any of this actually happening, I've kinda lost the faith Rolleyes

Damn bro. You're just frothing with ideas. I am happy with things as they are now, minus the playerbase. I don't PVP so I'm not a fountain of suggestions for that side of the house, but I know a lot about the PVM/crafts aspect of the game. Listen to suggestions, improve staff online time, make the changes that need to be done to PVx and improve the quality of the playerbase. We've got a bunch of new players. Let's keep them happy.

I wish I were more articulate... but that's all I've got.

Regards.

Where to start...

Making skills GM so easily you can be a 10x GM in one day... yeah if that happens I am gone. There are 89234 other shards like that, we aren't followers here and we want our players to stay because they like it, not because we hand them free junk and hold their hands while doing so. I hate this idea:p

We (the staff) have discussed possible incentives to joining, such as: better starting packs, better stats/skills from the start, possible ways to give them simple, achievable boosts, and so on. This is far from out of the question. We aren't trying to make this hell and we want players to have fun but the faster everything is GM'd the faster players get bored. There needs to be a fine balance with skills because if its too much it will already be too late to undo by the time we notice. This will probably happen but not to some outrageous degree.

Okay armors and ingots now. This is something I agree with personally. I miss things like fire, amethyst, serpent, griffin, and some others. I think XUO had some left out armor types as well and they should be added as well. Also maybe 1 or 2 completely new types of armor. My thoughts on this though are that these armors should either take some sort of quest or achievement to unlock for players or they should only be accessible in certain areas, like fire ingots are only available at the bottom floor of fire dungeon. This is something I'd like to push for sooner or later but right now I don't see this bringing in players, just keeping old ones busy with something newish. Though if I got the okay to do it I would get started on it.

Jiraiya and Rabbi, you guys seem to have very different views on how mounts should work and I have tried to slowly integrate those ideas in game. Like I have said in previous posts though, we can't have too many mounts til the player base picks up. As for a totally random colored mount... if I see I sparkly one spawn I would just .kill it. There are some colors a mount should just never be. There is no problem with making a mount a few random colors though, like the one thats on that island.

I can't argue the fact that we either need a decent wiki page or a much better web page. That really isn't my thing though. Any player could feel free to get started on a wiki and we would greatly appreciate it and help in any way we could, for the most part at least.

Hmm, the pvp stone seems to be disliked by quite a few players... I know some want cheaper prizes and some want better prizes or just simply both. This is something we will look into.

As for staff being accountable for what they do... meh I dunno. This might push some to work harder and it might make some feel like they aren't pulling their weight. In reality do you really need to know who does the updates? The changelogs are typically a contribution of all the staff put together, not just who posts it. Isn't that enough to know really? Oh and posting future adds and features before they are done, well I don't think thats a good call either. I have started like 30 projects that I have yet to finish, mainly cuz I suck at scripting compared to our devs, but somethings I got excited about and on finishing or coming close I would realize that it wouldn't work or this would just change too much. Its my opinion that its best how we do it now, with change logs, granted they could have more info sometimes but this is really for the best I think.

Account transfers were deactivated, I think, because people started finding bugs or trying to abuse it. Don't quote me on this because I wasn't staff until after they ended but thats what I heard when they stopped. Will they ever be done again? Don't ask me dammit.

As always, these are my own views and I do not talk on behalf of the entire staff. I just feel its good for players and staff to snowball their thoughts off one another for better feedback and more accurate conclusions to the problems at hand.

I just dont get why the price on tickets was descreased ? I know u were planning to keep hosting events and so on but it didnt happen. Me and my friend had about 600-700 tickets. And after this we lost about 3 000 000 gold.
I just dont think it was fair:/
Bring the old price back...
And about the stone.. If u dont want then do not change anything there. Just remove the R/R Weapon. The only way to get this deed always was to win big tour, or to buy it from someone who did.

edit:
Also about transfers.. there was a bug which was crashing server. I remember even I crashed server once, or at least its crashed right when i typed the account/password and pressed "transfer". And then had connection lost and bunch of ppl started to complain on forum that they cant log in.
However even without this system its possible to just check XUO/IN-R files manually. I know alot of people who would play here and had characters on XUO/IN-R but didnt start cause they just dont want to spend months on macroing and then realize that this server has just a few ppl and it just didnt worth macroing that much. Good examples - Ruyman, Madman. Both had characters on XUO, both had to macro characters from the scratch cause the couldn't transfer anymore. But ruyman at least played for month or two before shard lost all the people. In madman's case, he stopped macroing all the skills right when all the ppl left our server. And what now, he just lost month on macroing. Didnt even saw any tourney which had more than 8ppl in it, or any gank with 5++ ppl. So basically, he just lost the time. And people choosing other server cause they just dont want to gamble. Just take a look on our status... Our server doesnt seem to have a stably player base. So maybe yeah, other servers may not have that good scripts, but what do u lose there? U join, make character and u can go get the fun(Btw, not for everyone fun = macroing skills, I for example will faster get bored while macroing skill, than when i will play) and when server going down or player base descreases u can just leave, without loosing months on nothing