Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quote:We should just nuke the netherlands so that we no longer have to deal with this crap.

LOL, server in America!!!

Vote for NORTH AMERICAN SERVER!!!!!!

If I could get the Verizon Fios 50mb DL and 20mb Upload I would gladly host the server for free Big Grin

Shade Wrote:Heres a sample of my tracert:

3 8 ms 5 ms 8 ms gig3-0-0.gnboncsg-rtr1.triad.rr.com [24.28.229.210]
4 10 ms 8 ms 11 ms ge-1-3-0.chrlncpop-rtr1.southeast.rr.com[24.93.64.50]
5 10 ms 9 ms 10 ms te-3-3.car1.Charlotte1.Level3.net [4.71.124.1]
6 17 ms 15 ms 16 ms ae-4-4.ebr1.Atlanta2.Level3.net [4.69.132.162]
7 15 ms 14 ms 20 ms ae-63-60.ebr3.Atlanta2.Level3.net [4.69.138.4]
8 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms ae-7.ebr3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.134.21]
9 76 ms 69 ms 72 ms ae-3.ebr2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net[4.69.132.77]
10 76 ms 71 ms 72 ms ae-93-98.ebr3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net[4.69.146.28]
11 89 ms 76 ms 86 ms ae-2.ebr3.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.69.132.9]
12 83 ms 90 ms 75 ms ae-63-63.csw1.SanJose1.Level3.net[4.69.134.226]
13 78 ms 75 ms 76 ms ae-1-69.edge1.SanJose3.Level3.net[4.68.18.16]
14 84 ms 84 ms 83 ms KPN.edge1.SanJose3.Level3.net [4.53.208.18]
15 175 ms 176 ms 176 ms chg-s1-rou-1001.US.eurorings.net [134.222.226.133]

Also I thought I would just throw in that just because a line is named LosAngeles doesn't mean thats where it is located or where the information is travelling. Most of Papa and my hops take place in Minnesota, contrary to the names of the lines, before going to New York and then hopping to Netherlands.

Los Angeles or not. It doesn't matter. Your ping is already near 100ms when the packet is still in the US. It does make a strange route and I've seen that happen many times before. Usually contacting your isp will fix the route as they know where it really happens and who to contact for that.

Your ISP might not be able to do anything about it but I found this:

KPN Eurorings
========================================
Role Object for KPN Internet Solutions
For urgent operational issues, change requests, routing
policies, etc use the email address "[email protected]"

Sending a mail there with the issues you are having and your pings and tracerts can't hurt.

Its your ISP, not the server itself.
Im from europe, so i got a solid ping, i dont complain!

But from what i know about this, is that all ISP's are different, and noone does the same. they all have different routes, some are better then other. BUT!
All you guys in the US will nomatter what, experience an atlantic lag, crossing over to europeso to speak, so youll hardly be able to do better then 120ms.
But in papa's case, where hes at 120ms while still in US, its his own connections fault hes laggy. He should be at no more then 64 on a standard dls connection!

just my 2 cents....

IN1: Andrew / Andrew the Almighty (forums)
IN-X: Andrew, High Ranger [Rangers of the North]
[Image: siggie.jpg]

Well the good news is that the lag issue fixed itself at 830 AM EST. Ran tracert at 825am had 253ms ping, ran tracert again at 830am and i had a 134ms ping. Not great but that will work for now. Big Grin

Andrew Wrote:It does! To a certin limit ofc. Im educated in it, so i do belive i know what im talkin about!

Haha Luda didn't take social science in school or art classes. I'd say he knows what he's talking about too Smile

smoke Wrote:i bought final fantasy 7 for 100$ to play it what are you saying? it's a classic game if you have no patience your a doofus

and the reason you have 100% usage on uo is because that's the server lagging your shit up not your pc, or else it would do the same thing when i play cs a more advanced game which it doesnt

Once again you resort to insulting me to try and explain how I'm wrong on something you have no background in... Buying FF7 to run on a modern day computer isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about you going back to a p1 computer with a 300MHz CPU and 32MB of Ram and waiting for your computer to load into Windows. That's what you'll have no patience for, not the bad graphics that come with a +10 year old game.

It's not the server hardware causing my high CPU usage, it's my 4-5 year old computer that can't handle the stuff I'm doing, and I know it's on my end because I know I'm asking my computer to do more then it was designed to do, even back in it's day when it was brand new it wasn't designed to do what I'm doing.

For anyone interested, the way the internet works is you send out a REQUEST for a piece of information, the computer that has it sends the DATA (called a packet), then when your computer receives it it sends back out what's called an ACK (acknowledgement) or a NACK (negative acknowledgement) to let the sending computer know if your computer got the information intact (corruption sometimes happens on transit and DATA needs to be re-transmitted), then your computer stores that information in a buffer and adds on other packets. Once it has a completed piece of data then your computer processes it.

If you have wireless internet set up in your house, the process is pretty similar except that the data is relayed to the PC to be stored in a buffer and the PC has to send an ACK or NACK back to the router to confirm it got the data so this adds more time.

Once your system has received all the packets that make up one piece of information, communication with the server is done and your computer alone processes the already received information. Therefore, it's not the server causing my CPU usage to be at 100%. Thanks for trying though, it's good of you to try and inform yourself.

Additionally smoke, you can't compare the CPU usage between UO and CS because with UO it's open on your screen while you hit alt+ctrl+del and look at the CPU usage, but with CS you have to alt-tab out of it back to windows, then hit alt-ctrl-del (unless of course you have a windowed mod for it like I think you and scare did for D2). At this point you've minimized the program and it isn't using as much resources as when you have it open. At least that's how it is if the program is smart enough to behave this way. If you don't believe me, have UO open on your screen when you press alt+ctrl+del to check your CPU usage, then minimize UO, wait a few seconds and check again. If you don't have a bunch of other programs running that already brought your CPU up to 100% usage, you should see a drop in CPU usage. If you didn't this means you have some really nasty background services running that are slowing your system down.

So once again smoke you simply don't know what you're talking about here so leave the discussion to the big boys; those of us who went to school on the subject and work in the field.

And for the love of God or whatever you hold holy in the world, don't come back and flame me because I very clearly pointed out that you have no idea what you're talking about and now you quite possibly feel humiliated... You don't see me tell a mechanic he's wrong about something because I don't know very much about cars.

Reyn Wrote:ive been getting fat lag spikes ever since i started playing here and i ping 80ms my pc is definately good enough, and to play on a server with 20 clients, 30 max despite Hates mystical 60 (dont know where he got that figure from) and still experience huge spikes is not very nice add that to the fact skillgain is very slow and there is ugly shit all over the server its tantamount to never playing INX. EVERRRRRRrrrr :evil:

Actually Hate's client count was pretty accurate. About 1-2 weeks ago we had 30-40 clients on regularly and sometimes got to 50 or even 60. Maybe like Hate said it's because of the warm weather or vacations.

If you can't get on UO around the same time as Hate, let me know and I'll set you up with some macros to help you out, or a place to macro. I can even give you some supplies for very cheap.

Hate Wrote:However what I really ment was rather that you may have spyware or addaware on your computer slowing it down bigtime. Do you have a good antivirus program? If not then get one, u can try one for free at most big antivirusprogram-sites. Try norton, it's easy to use.

Hate my love, how can you suggest norton on someone? That's just cruel torture!! If the devil took form as a piece of software that's what he'd be! If anyone needs an antivirus I highly suggest you go with the free version of AVG.

LudaKrishna Wrote:LOL, server in America!!!

You willing to soak up the bill? hehe

Papa Smurf Wrote:Well the good news is that the lag issue fixed itself at 830 AM EST. Ran tracert at 825am had 253ms ping, ran tracert again at 830am and i had a 134ms ping. Not great but that will work for now. Big Grin

Yay! Hopefully your ISP was just doing some work on their lines the last week or so and now it's back to normal Smile

Eighty Swords Wrote:Hate my love, how can you suggest norton on someone? That's just cruel torture!! If the devil took form as a piece of software that's what he'd be! If anyone needs an antivirus I highly suggest you go with the free version of AVG.

Haha, because it's newbie friendly and if he really wants to get rid of the nasty spyware it's better to use one that he can understand. If he thinks it's too basic or just too crappy cause it uses too much of your CPU to run in the background, then he could always change later, after all that's the charm about 30 day free trial isn't it? Wink

I recomment Avast Smile

I second the recommendation of AVG free edition. I've been recommending it to many people who need a newbie friendly anti-virus software and they've been very happy with it so far.

Malik Wrote:I second the recommendation of AVG free edition. I've been recommending it to many people who need a newbie friendly anti-virus software and they've been very happy with it so far.

ive seen too much slip past AVG to recommend it by now :/

Just got home and ran a tracert, my ping is now 110ms as it used to be. Also there are two less hops to eurorings. I hope we all learned a valuable lesson here: anything with euro in it is bad.

I still suggest we nuke that dump to prevent future issues. Besides who's going to miss that eyesore... makes our planet less attractive and reduces the amount of anal probing done by tourist aliens. Seriously look at a globe and tell me it doesn't look like some cosmic being vomited out that land mass.