Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

For your consideration.

Kennedy Wrote:Maybe they haven't even bothered getting on the forums because:

-they automatically assume its fizzle pvp
-they are afk macroing
-they speak a foreign language
-have no interest in joining boards

And do you not agree that a description of the shards pvp type (especially a factor as drastic as non fizzle pvp, which has caused alot of debate here) should be included in the description?
Like I said, people see a populated sphere server and jump on.....it's usually a no brainer that there is fizzle, and I wouldn't expect people to ponder it before joining and grinding skills afk.

There's a difference between sphere and sphere like feel, I'm pretty sure it's still the same RUNUO server from IN-X with a sphere feeling, like I said before though the description of the shard should be fixed to say things that describe our sphere like shard and our PvP

Kennedy Wrote:Maybe they haven't even bothered getting on the forums because:

-they automatically assume its fizzle pvp
-they are afk macroing
-they speak a foreign language
-have no interest in joining boards

And do you not agree that a description of the shards pvp type (especially a factor as drastic as non fizzle pvp, which has caused alot of debate here) should be included in the description?
Like I said, people see a populated sphere server and jump on.....it's usually a no brainer that there is fizzle, and I wouldn't expect people to ponder it before joining and grinding skills afk.

If players cant take the time to ask question about pvp or do their own research in game on pvp then I think it goes without saying that they really don't care about that factor in the first place. period

If they did they would care enough to get more info about it

If you want the owner to put down non-fizzle in description and say that many wont join because of it is an over statement. I'm willing to bet there are just many people that do not like fizzle pvp as well. However, Putting down something negative just so people are not even willing to try something different out is harmful to the shard as well

sm0ke Wrote:There's a difference between sphere and sphere like feel, I'm pretty sure it's still the same RUNUO server from IN-X with a sphere feeling, like I said before though the description of the shard should be fixed to say things that describe our sphere like shard and our PvP

This is my first IN server, though. So yeah, I, like many others had no idea about it. I think a more informative description would be a good thing. But im here, i'll give it a try. I don't need to be preached to about adapting. I've played OSI, sphere, and runuo shards with all casting types off and on for years.....but had never ran across one without fizzling. I was better at some systems than others, as im sure we all are.

We can all sit and debate here for days until this thread is 200 pages long. But can we not agree on one main point?

-we want the shard to prosper

For that to happen, there will have to be some compromise/tweaks somewhere down the line. You can't make everyone happy, thats a given. But i'd hate to see IN peaking at 15-20 clients in a year because a small group of veterans refuse to budge when it comes to change. I can only hope more players get involved on the forums over time.

Robin Hood Wrote:If you want the owner to put down non-fizzle in description and say that many wont join because of it is an over statement. I'm willing to bet there are just many people that do not like fizzle pvp as well. However, Putting down something negative just so people are not even willing to try something different out is harmful to the shard as well

But you say you feel many people love non fizzle pvp.......so how would it be negative? You contradicted yourself there, man.
How is giving accurate information and shard description negative? Especially if it's the truth? lol?

...Or perhaps you feel that being deceptive, using dont ask dont tell, or giving false hope to players (which im POSITIVE that many ASSUME is an included mechanic) in order to get client hits is moral and beneficial to the growth of the shard?

Either way, I'm off for now. At work with stuffs to do...good day all.

Kennedy Wrote:This is my first IN server, though. So yeah, I, like many others had no idea about it. I think a more informative description would be a good thing. But im here, i'll give it a try. I don't need to be preached to about adapting. I've played OSI, sphere, and runuo shards with all casting types off and on for years.....but had never ran across one without fizzling. I was better at some systems than others, as im sure we all are.

We can all sit and debate here for days until this thread is 200 pages long. But can we not agree on one main point?

-we want the shard to prosper

For that to happen, there will have to be some compromise/tweaks somewhere down the line. You can't make everyone happy, thats a given. But i'd hate to see IN peaking at 15-20 clients in a year because a small group of veterans refuse to budge when it comes to change. I can only hope more players get involved on the forums over time.

The adapting wasn't directed at you :p, I also said I was up for a few tweaks not a new redesign of the PvP. There's a fine line between tweaks and redesigning. Agreeing and coming down the middle will cause a redesign and having everyone need to adjust to that new PvP I just don't think that's needed. They want a completely different style of PvP compared to us which is fine but as of right now our server doesn't offer it, nor will I think there is need for it due to our PvP being balanced enough.

If every new person that came to the shard wanted something new added and we all had to come down to the middle for it, we'd all have to readjust all the time and that would make more people quit than rather learning a new PvP or whatever it is they wanted changed every time.

sm0ke Wrote:I was talking in the context of 1v1 in the area where theres no los or any way to block the archers view. So now how will you balance it in there? Because if you create it in game it must be made balanced in the tours as well. So now that I stated it clearer what is your counter argument to that? Everything has to be balanced not just PvP out in the world.

Well I don't know. Every shard I've played including OSI if you were on the tile next to the archer they couldn't shoot you so I just assumed it was the same here. If it is like that here, then that answers your question. Run up to them.

Kennedy Wrote:But you say you feel many people love non fizzle pvp.......so how would it be negative? You contradicted yourself there, man.
How is giving accurate information and shard description negative? Especially if it's the truth? lol?

...Or perhaps you feel that being deceptive, using dont ask dont tell, or giving false hope to players (which im POSITIVE that many ASSUME is an included mechanic) in order to get client hits is moral and beneficial to the growth of the shard?

Either way, I'm off for now. At work with stuffs to do...good day all.

You misinterpret what I'm explaining to you. I was describing both sides of the story. I'm not discrediting the fact about accurate info being displayed in the description. Facts are ok with me and yes its good to info people of what this shard is about but showing the drawback side form it as a admin would be it would discourage players from even trying out something different from what they are use to all together. So in other words, if you saw "Non-fizzle" pvp would you of came here in the first place? Well now that you know and are here in turn you provide suggestions which may have an effect of you possibly like playing here. I'm willing to say you probably be looking else where but that's just my own personal option. IN history has been around for a long time for at least 10 years and people that have been here before should know what the play style is like with some changes.

Lags Wrote:Well I don't know. Every shard I've played including OSI if you were on the tile next to the archer they couldn't shoot you so I just assumed it was the same here. If it is like that here, then that answers your question. Run up to them.

No, it's not like that here there's no distance requirement to use a bow why would there be?

Ok keep the PvP exactly how it is. I was just making a suggestion I thought might help balance magery and melee. I'm more concerned about how easy it is to survive and the lack of 1v1 fighting outside tournys. Thats why I suggested having a PvP point system/ladder where everyone starts with 1 point and points can only be taken in a 1v1 fight. Have a stone or something you can cash in PvP points for good items or whatever. It worked well on other shards I've played and got a lot more people more interested in 1v1 fights. Nobody wants to talk about that though you want to obsess over my suggestion to make melee fizzle spells :/

sm0ke Wrote:No, it's not like that here there's no distance requirement to use a bow why would there be?

Don't know ask the people that made UO I always thought it was weird too.

Lags Wrote:Ok keep the PvP exactly how it is. I was just making a suggestion I thought might help balance magery and melee. I'm more concerned about how easy it is to survive and the lack of 1v1 fighting outside tournys. Thats why I suggested having a PvP point system/ladder where everyone starts with 1 point and points can only be taken in a 1v1 fight. Have a stone or something you can cash in PvP points for good items or whatever. It worked well on other shards I've played and got a lot more people more interested in 1v1 fights. Nobody wants to talk about that though you want to obsess over my suggestion to make melee fizzle spells :/

Don't worry about the 1v1's outside of tours :p there's duel stones and you can also always ask people duel outside of duel stones in houses etc. Ganks are fun as well when they're big groups of people like 4v4 or 8v8 I'm sure well see more of that when players are done macroing there skills. People are allowed to gank or 1v1 as they see fit it's to the players own preference since it's balanced here they can choose and players and known for what they are good at either 1v1 or team events (aka ganking) That's why you can't unbalance 1v1's outside of tours so that people in tours have it unbalanced. Just try and macro your skills and get your crew and test it out it's more fun than you have it in your head to be I think :p

[Image: 82341677.gif]