Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spam limit for .wop, active on server rebot

maka Wrote:If you spam, then are forced to GHeal scroll, changes are that you will have to cast another heal afterward. Our reasoning was that as soon as you GHeal scroll, your next move is an obvious defensive move, so it does not matter if your opponent knows it. (I've never seen anyone besides me going Gheal scroll then fs, some people go gh scroll then light).

I always fs or light after healing or gh scrolling Tongue its annoying how people hit you 6 times in a row for 50 + damage and not heal when they're at 70-50 life. We should duel when you got spare time it would be fun Big Grin

smoke Wrote:I always fs or light after healing or gh scrolling Tongue its annoying how people hit you 6 times in a row for 50 + damage and not heal when they're at 70-50 life. We should duel when you got spare time it would be fun Big Grin
There should be no problem with a regular greater heal, but if you do it when scrolling, then I see how this is a problem for you:/

I'll try to figure something out for the gheal scroll issue.

Honestly i have gave it alot of thought all spam is is a bunch of words flying up the screen and so forth its allmost as if it would be better off with no spell words at all .... or at least to the other opponent because ...... spam causes lag any ways ; p and looks ridiculous in some way shape or form ... a bunch of spell words flying up the screen : ) . Note players and staff this is not a complaint or no reason to flame me or try to make me look bad or try to diss me this is only my opion nothing more : D thank you for your time

`NeMeSiS`

Oke, since the post of Hate i did not read this topic anymore.. It was absurd long again Wink

I will give my point of view on this.
When i had read Maka's first post, my thought was that it would **** the pvp. Since then i was agreeing with Smoke completely, because you need to be able to hide your casting or need to be able to trick someone.
But Maka made a point with this sentence:
Quote:Me, including a small percentage of the old server, only used spams on hit (but also sometimes on miss). We have never had a macro spamming constantly, as you pretty much go away from scaring people into doing things.
When i did read this i do get his point of changing the delay for spamming.
Because it's already about the tactic of using spamwords in a fight and not only when to cast.

Back in the days i already used spamwords only to trick people or misleading them. My biggest point of using this tactic was, not to screw up my hand or fingers everytime in a fight. It was easyer to stay calm, instead of pressing spamwords everytime. Plus you had more time to think what you're tactic could be, because it changes every second. Depending of the reaction of your opponent.

At the Xuo which was host by Maka i was on my best. At that point, i had no problems reading spamwords. Just only Makaveli an Ztoke could mislead me sometimes by using different spamcombo's (like 1 in 15 times, they spammed). I know Makaveli, Ztoke and a few others also had the skill to read peoples Spammacro, so i used to have a few differents to use in a fight (and change them every week e.g.) But i know why i was not good enough at times, it was all because of my reacting time (or like Ztoke made me, to push wrong buttons after a long fight. Just because i couldn't concentrate me enough more).

I just want to say one more thing. I guess i make a comeback one of these upcomming days to see how it is going now. I'm intrested to test this new add-on. I EXPECT to see ZTOKE again in the game of Ultima Online! :icon_twisted:

come get yer ass owned Cool:p

Boromir Wrote:I just want to say one more thing. I guess i make a comeback one of these upcomming days to see how it is going now. I'm intrested to test this new add-on. I EXPECT to see ZTOKE again in the game of Ultima Online! :icon_twisted:

Good to hear that you're coming back :] Can't really say that I'm playing that much on my mortal anymore, but I do have one, so perhaps we'll meet in-game so that I can whoop your ass a lil more Wink

//Ztoke

Hate u say that PvP has evolved to this spamming so why is everyone so against to evolve it further by limithing it? Its not like u cant spam you just have to adapt a little.

Myself have no problem to not see what a person cast its more that its annoying to have to see all the text so to speak.

Man made booze, God did not
God made pot, man did not

smoke Wrote:Well, I duno why you called me lazy and annoying I'm sorry if i said anything to upset you ;/

My apologies for not being more clear Smoke, I wasn't addressing you in the second paragraph just in the first couple lines. The rest of my post was directed toward everyone who was complaining not you in particular.

Lanfear Wrote:Hate u say that PvP has evolved to this spamming so why is everyone so against to evolve it further by limithing it? Its not like u cant spam you just have to adapt a little.

Myself have no problem to not see what a person cast its more that its annoying to have to see all the text so to speak.

I don't think everybody is against limiting it, it's just that we need to limit it in a way so that people can use all their good "spam moves", without it still being an 24/7 spam with no limit. Also a lot of people liked the comfort in just having an 24/7 spam, hiding the spells, but still not rly trying to "trick people" that they FS when they didn't, and since these ppl now won't be able to use a smooth spam that makes sure to hide all the spells, it can probably upset them. I do think that it's a good thing for the shard tho, it probably makes the people whose against spam accept it a bit easier, so it's all good, hopefully it'll also decrease the lag for some people a bit.

I think the players whose against it will get around sooner or later, it's just hard to change when you've used something like this (without any limit) for so long. Give them some time to adapt :]

Regards,
Hate

Back in the days was just fine, you could trick your opponent with one WOP command just fine, hit hit throw "Kal Vas Flam wop", you made opponent drink a potion and heal, get in there and hit again and cast real kal vas flam 2-3 times and hes dead.
Fake healing etc worked fine.

I was a developer back on old XUO and i cant really remember how the WOP command was implemented, as i remember it it was a bug in the client which made it possible to spam through the anti spam check (client sided).

The WOP command was invented much later i think.

I have never thought the spam was good, there for never used it in PVP but i still won 50 tournaments when everyone else spammed.

I know this has been brought up so many times so i have pretty much lost count, i just think there's other ways to make the pvp fun.

If duel takes hours to finish why not try to raise weapon dmg or something.
Change skills in combat, instead of having a maximum of 100 swordsmanship you could have 500 so its more skill based.

Problem with uo is that it always comes down to internet latency, its a old game so what can you expect.

So as i remember it, wop came from a bug, wop was never a part of XUO pvp from the beginning. 3 Wops / sec would be fine, raise weapon damages or introduce +10 +11 +12 +13 weapons.

Just my thought

Spamming power words has always been a part of XUO PvP in the since that people have done it since day one.

WOP came when people starting using injection to see through fake spells, and was therefore added. We did not want a tool to have advantage over another, and we did not want a tool to ruin the PvP.

Lanfear Wrote:Hate u say that PvP has evolved to this spamming so why is everyone so against to evolve it further by limithing it? Its not like u cant spam you just have to adapt a little.

I don't know why you insist on trying to change the pvp when you really haven't pvped at all because I'm always on and i never see you around. It just really upsets me that you would do that when you don't even try it out =/ sorry if this offends you but this is the truth in my opinion.

As for Hates post i agree with it I'm begging to adapt its a hard change but its far from impossible.