Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fizzle when hit?

if we had a % chanse to fizzle it would make the pvp very random. i think this would ruin much of the skill based pvp we currently are having. suggestions are great tough =)

regarding the 3 hit limit on xuo, it was like this you could hit a player 3 times next hit had a bigger chanse to miss but this im not sure of could also have been a rumour that got stuck in all players heads. =P

erhm hard to explain let me try again:

IF you did hit a player three times in a row the forth hit had a bigger miss chanse.

but this is nothing im sure off, it was somthing alot of people said tough Tongue

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

it was just a little cap on hits because some players *like the spanish players* on Xuo2 woul just run after you with their weaps for about 25 minutes and NEVER fs u lol... turned the pvp boring and defensive so they added a 3 hit liimit where if you hit 3 times in a row the 4th WOULD miss no matter what.

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

Odium Wrote:if we had a % chanse to fizzle it would make the pvp very random.

OMFG can someone please explain to me how this is Random, noone explains it they just state. This would make ti random. WHERE IS YOUR FACTS? WHERE ARE YOUR IDEA's????? your not contributing ANYTHING jusy by saying its random.

Please explain how the following situation is random.
Some random Red runs up to you and cast's paralize, you see it and cast magic arrow on his to cancel the paralize. soooooo whats random here?

to me random would mean something like, i rolla dice and it randomly lands on 1 of 6 numbers. thats Random.

Rioht Wrote:OMFG can someone please explain to me how this is Random, noone explains it they just state. This would make ti random. WHERE IS YOUR FACTS? WHERE ARE YOUR IDEA's????? your not contributing ANYTHING jusy by saying its random.

Please explain how the following situation is random.
Some random Red runs up to you and cast's paralize, you see it and cast magic arrow on his to cancel the paralize. soooooo whats random here?

to me random would mean something like, i rolla dice and it randomly lands on 1 of 6 numbers. thats Random.

Dude, I understand your feelings *that's why I now play on another shard* but they are not going to change this in any way. It is unfortunate but everyone believes it will make PvP random. Which we know is untrue. Oh well. Suggestion, switch shards. Go for what your looking.

Rioht, Odium didn't explained it because is obvious. This is very simple:
- If you fizzle always every enemy spell with your own spells, it is not random. (But impossible to implement, because nobody would die)
- If you success on fizzling an adversary spell depending on a percentage, a % of chance, PVP becomes random, because you (or your enemy) will never know if that spell will fizzle or not.

I mean, IN: X PVP is based on skill and fool your opponent, not on items nor chances.

Love Wrote:Tabion, you are always into "war mode" against XUO, aren´t you? Big Grin

Actually I just wanted to know what he was referring to, as I didn't understand or ever hear of having a hit cap. And I have been trying hard to be unbiased lately Smile

About fizzling... Well I have played on a couple shards where you could fizzle with basic spells like magic arrow and clumsy. The truth is that this pvp can be really really boring. On such a shard I have fought off a 3 v 1 while my backup arrived. All you had to do was magic arrow when you seen Kal Vas Flam.

Having a chance to fizzle sometimes... this could really make some new tactics and variety. I know a lot of people would disagree with it but it could add an extra something to the game. Of course this won't ever happen because the pvp isn't allowed to be changed.

When you talk about fizzling, you also have to talk about mana. If this shard was to adapt such a pvp style, which it won't I am sure, you need to discuss how mana will drop. If you made someone fizzle, would they lose half mana? Maybe none? I have seen both types and a variation somewhere between those two. So if this topic is going to be continued, you should really discuss how mana would be handled as well :p

[Image: mariozl3.png]

Odium Wrote:if we had a % chanse to fizzle it would make the pvp very random. i think this would ruin much of the skill based pvp we currently are having.
:neutral:

With ALL due respect...
What skill-based PvP? Where is the skill in spamming an insta-kill spell that cannot be interrupted in any way? Where is the skill a PvP system that has a grand total of 4 staple spells. Where's the skill in a PvP system that practically renders every fighting skill obsolete, except for magery.

Now granted, these are jagged accusations and I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions and isolated examples of skilled PvP battles to be noted. But this is the gist of the current PvP system from what I understand and have observed firsthand.

I attended today's 2 team auto-replacement tourney; and what'd I see? Pair after Pair after Pair of competitors who fought exactly the same way. I noted very few variations on the Spell-Spam & Bardiche combo. What it really seemed to come down to was newbs Vs well established characters. Black team won by a landslide while a few Red team members shouted about having too many newbs.

Begging your pardon, but currently:
There is no player Skill involved.
There is no player Effort involved.
There is no Gratification in knowing you won because you're better.
The end result is that there is no Variety, therefore there is nothing exciting, interesting, or enticing about PvPing on IN:X.
The players who have fun with this type of PvP system are the people who win a Street-Fighter match by using Hadouken so many times the other player never touches the ground. To those people I'd recommend experimenting with some actual strategy, it might surprise you and actually be FUN.

I know I've subsequently offended someone or other, and that's regrettable. I never played XUO, but I did play IN for a short while and though I did not participate in any PvP there, I found it quite enjoyable.

Thanks for reading.

If you are going to write comments that just blast the Xuo economy down please save them to yourselves, im not complaining about how STUPID statics are. or RR weapons to GM lumberjack. Then again, we all have to adjust, since the Xuo players are trying to shut their mouthes.. well, i think you get the picture... so THANK YOU.

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

ScareCrow Wrote:If you are going to write comments that just blast the Xuo economy down please save them to yourselves, im not complaining about how STUPID statics are. or RR weapons to GM lumberjack. Then again, we all have to adjust, since the Xuo players are trying to shut their mouthes.. well, i think you get the picture... so THANK YOU.

What?

Pe ell and others have present well-placed arguments about the current PvP system. UOX player who want to system as is, have also presented their opinions and ideas about the system. This is currently a debate, so people are going to voice their opinion. I am with Pe Ell and other who have stressed what we believe to be the flaws in the current PvP system.

We do not wish to offend anyone, however we all want to make this game enjoyable for not only ourselves, but others. Otherwise we wouldn't be playing here, and voicing our opinions.

ScareCrow Wrote:If you are going to write comments that just blast the Xuo economy down please save them to yourselves, im not complaining about how STUPID statics are. or RR weapons to GM lumberjack. Then again, we all have to adjust, since the Xuo players are trying to shut their mouthes.. well, i think you get the picture... so THANK YOU.

I just want to see weapons being utilized alot in real world pvp more rather then spell spam..I guess so people dont want that to change.. and just gank in groups? Wtf was I thinking.. trying to improve pvp?.. lol

Happy New Years!

FH coming soon. Big Grin

Jimmar Wrote:I just want to see weapons being utilized alot in real world pvp more rather then spell spam..I guess so people dont want that to change.. and just gank in groups? Wtf was I thinking.. trying to improve pvp?.. lol

Stimpy, you idiot....

Im done arguing with you people, its obvious that you will never make spells fizzle, but at least consider weaponds fizzling spells. like cmon give some diversity in the combat styles. Mage tanks are boring and over used, err did i say over used. i meant ONLY USED.