Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The mistake of merging a pvp shard and an RP shard.

smoke Wrote:this server is merge stop calling us idiots were a cominuity get use to all the shit talking why should you guys get a full city? go play in the noobie dungeion

And all communities have idiots. I'm not saying XUO players are all idiots, and I've met respectable ones.

Whats the problem with us having a city, you have the whole world to do whatever you want, let us have some peace and quiet. As far as PVPing goes, there are RPers that are rather good at it. Sometimes RP comes in conflict with the PVPing and we deal with it. I would much rather be able to run up and attack someone without explaining myself, but thats not how it works.

I'll admit I used to be a leet speaking cool kid back when OSI wasn't carebear. But that was when I was what, 9? I've since grown up and realized that I can get the same point across with real english. I'm more annoyed when someone uses proper english and defeats me. That makes me thing they're superior to me. If a leet speaking person kills me and goes lol pwnzored, I just think its a little kid that hasn't hit puberty yet. Chances are the same kid will fail through school because he spent all his time "pwnzoring noobs" on UO instead of learning.

Haha, you are horrible. or LOL OWNED YOU SUCK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLO. I can get the same thing across with less effort, and still stay in character. Although I could expand on my taunt and make it more RPing style, but thats all you really need.

Maybe turn 2 towns into rp towns? Like Trinsic and SH. Trinsic is a order town that fights chaos, well all the order guilds use to be there pretty much. And SH because all the rping chaos guilds.

Bah stop complaining like a two year old, sound like a kid getting bullied IRL.

Deal with the bullshit throw at you, this isn't no eutopian shard where people treat people like angels. You're mixed with pvp'ers, who are about hate, and rolplayers who just want to do their own thing. You're expected to get cussed out and "made" fun of, so stop complaining and brush it off...

Honestly, does the work L33T,WORD,OWNED, etc... really hurt you're feelings? If you where so mature you wouldn't let it get to you and you would just brush it off, but the problem is that they ARE getting to you, so you gotta work on your own skills there buddy, how not to take shit serious/offensively from others, and just see it as useless talk.

This is even worst than my post about occlo, your complaining because peoples words hurt you, in todays society IRL, you should know how to come by people like that, (like me) rofl, and get along with your life.

I for one don't care if someone RP's or PVP's i wont bug them for it, not at all, but if you piss me off than I might insult you indicating that you are a roleplayer, but thats logical, because when people are pissed they bring shit up that make you look stupid or think it makes you look stupid, and well obviously its working against you, and you being so gullable will make people continue. (people like bugging people who get easily insulted, or people who take things too serious and let things get to them) so at the end, your letting people get to you, you're doing it to urself.

So you grow up and learn some filtering skills. Cause let me tell you, as Shylock said, if you think its bad now while people are macroing, it's going to get worst, guaranteed. so start practicing and you'll have no problems.

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

Just a quick question to those who say "pwnz0red" or whatever it is, what extra kick does it give you? You could might aswell write "im a geek" cause it sure aint the RP'er who is geeky when you write 1337, thats 100% youself.. And it doesnt make him more dead to write shit like that anyway...

Kill him, loot him, recall as simpel as that.. There is no fun in insulting people anyway unless your 13 Rolleyes

Nauric Wrote:Just a quick question to those who say "pwnz0red" or whatever it is, what extra kick does it give you? You could might aswell write "im a geek" cause it sure aint the RP'er who is geeky when you write 1337, thats 100% youself.. And it doesnt make him more dead to write shit like that anyway...

Kill him, loot him, recall as simpel as that.. There is no fun in insulting people anyway unless your 13 Rolleyes

Exactly, but i guess do we have 13 year olds here...

Nauric Wrote:There is no fun in insulting people anyway unless your 13 Rolleyes

Hah. I think that about sums it up Wink Rolleyes .

Silverwolf Wrote:Bah stop complaining like a two year old, sound like a kid getting bullied IRL.

Deal with the bullshit throw at you, this isn't no eutopian shard where people treat people like angels. You're mixed with pvp'ers, who are about hate, and rolplayers who just want to do their own thing. You're expected to get cussed out and "made" fun of, so stop complaining and brush it off...

Honestly, does the work L33T,WORD,OWNED, etc... really hurt you're feelings? If you where so mature you wouldn't let it get to you and you would just brush it off, but the problem is that they ARE getting to you, so you gotta work on your own skills there buddy, how not to take shit serious/offensively from others, and just see it as useless talk.

This is even worst than my post about occlo, your complaining because peoples words hurt you, in todays society IRL, you should know how to come by people like that, (like me) rofl, and get along with your life.

I for one don't care if someone RP's or PVP's i wont bug them for it, not at all, but if you piss me off than I might insult you indicating that you are a roleplayer, but thats logical, because when people are pissed they bring shit up that make you look stupid or think it makes you look stupid, and well obviously its working against you, and you being so gullable will make people continue. (people like bugging people who get easily insulted, or people who take things too serious and let things get to them) so at the end, your letting people get to you, you're doing it to urself.

So you grow up and learn some filtering skills. Cause let me tell you, as Shylock said, if you think its bad now while people are macroing, it's going to get worst, guaranteed. so start practicing and you'll have no problems.

Oh no. We don't. If I'd want to play a game only for the pvp, I'd play some FPS. Hell I'd play Halo 2/3, so I can get my healthy amount of pre-puberty "pwning" per a day.
You express "it will surely get worse",and with that, you are blatantly ignoring that you guys, who keep bringing up the word "merge" as some magical mantra, are only one half of the communities that merged. You shouldn't act rude to either IN or XUO players just because you can, and you feel it makes you "bad mofo". That is exactly the immature behaviour we -the players to whom UO means something else than just "pwning" some random guy ( and I say there are those amongst the XUO community as well, they just never had the right environment and staff support before ) - are talking, "whining" if you insist, about. I'm not an elitist who says roleplayers should be ...segregated... to a VIP roleplaying village, that would destroy the whole point of the merge, also such place never even existed on IN.
On a final thought, I am biased towards the IN part of our community ( and I apologize to those who find such "labeling" offending, but with such differences in our stance towards our community as a whole, and the future of the shard and playerbase, for now I find it appropriate. ), because it was one of the only shards I've seen succesfully merging professional PvP with roleplay without being either too "rp elitist" or l33t, most of the time balancing the two facest perfectly.
Also I myself personnal haven't ever experienced any of aforementioned harassment, at least not in a manner or quantity that can't be disarmed, or plain ignored.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"He's fire and ice and rage
He's like the night, and a storm in the heart of the Sun
He's ancient and forever
Burning in the center of time
He can see the turn of the Universe"

Welp this certainly is an enjoyable topic...
Just thought I would add to all the love here.
Okay so I mentioned elsewhere that I am not going to tollerate with people giving me crap for rping but honestly I don't see "leet" talk as harrassment. I just get aggrivated about people talking about how I rp, why I rp and things along that line. Yeah you can all say I am whining but as I stated before I play this game to have fun and it isn't fun when I try to rp and can't enjoy it because someone insults me because of it. The thing that alot of you don't understand is, this doesn't hurt our feelings... afterall the people who cause trouble just remind me of little children but it does make me feel that I am no longer in character. There is hardly any respect for rpers and some of us are sure to feel aggrivated about this since we are not used to playing with so many children.
My point is, if anyone needs to feel cool by talking trash well good for them. It isn't cool and I normally laugh irl when I see someone so stupid to do so for no reason and it doesn't bother me. Taunting and trash talking are quite different as I believe maka explained. What is annoying and what makes me want to stop is when I no longer want to stay in charcater because of bs said about rping. It isn't fun to listen to people trash talk something you enjoy. No, it doesn't hurt my feelings but it does discourage me.
When I hear crap being talked I really want to meet these people in rl and ask them if they need a hug or something.
Listen if anyone here doesn't want the rpers here just say so. If I here 5 people say it I will personally leave because it comes down to the fact that we should be a family of sorts. Not one that has to get along on everything but one that can respect each other and realize that we need each other. Without each individual there would not be any playerbase, no demand for this shard to be made or anything. So lets stop the fighting and try to get along on the forums and respect each other just a little.

[Image: mariozl3.png]

Every staff member has agreed to the rules on the main site which state that harassment around role playing will be punished. All you have to do is report it if it happens to you - so do it. The discussion after that point is just the whining and drama some of you are complaining about. Let it go.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Quote:Bah stop complaining like a two year old, sound like a kid getting bullied IRL.

i find this statement incredibly ironic after reading the forum for the past few days.

If your having social issues do what i do and stay the hell away from people. (cept the ones you like, obviously)

Cole Wrote:Every staff member has agreed to the rules on the main site which state that harassment around role playing will be punished. All you have to do is report it if it happens to you - so do it. The discussion after that point is just the whining and drama some of you are complaining about. Let it go.

~Zorus, Tallmen, Garm, Syn, Senteil, etc IN1
~Seven Locks, Syn IN:R

~Admin Syn, Damien, Mary Jane - ONO
~Syn, some other random names - XUO
~Syn, Dodge Omni Turbo, Mary Jane - Navid1aUO

EVE Name: Slaquer ...sold my old account ;/

I don't understand the complaints.
Children that enjoy saying **** and owned can be added to your ignorelist, allthough I would personally enjoy dissing them more.
Also, you can RP while dealing with idiots as far as I can see, don't have to let them ruin it. I RPed while I PKed someone yesterday, and I had an awesome time.

"Excuse me sir, may I try out my elven bow on you?"
"Sir, could you please stand still, it is challenging to aim if you run around"
"Fine, play dead, I will find someone else to aid me"

Not sure how to RP the looting part yet.