Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

For your consideration.

You will realize that to duel in that area you most likely will be need to pay money without a much chance of win anything. I don't think Taran has plans to create a possibility to only play your pvp system and earn money/loot this way. I think there need to be a reason why these people should learn our PvP too. Otherwise it's like seperating comunities on one single server. Sorry, coldfire died. And what I meant of random is that if random generator on weapon system now HITS instead of MISS on you it only effect the damage you receive, with the way you suggest the lucky person to hit 3-4 times in arow not only will be able to deal alot of damage due to random gen, but also fizzle all the spells the opponent casts meanwhile? Isn't it obvious? You don't like 1vs1 boxes and refuse to try, so you'd like to change it , right? and no god, you have no idea how PvP here works, period. I mean saying "I've observed&understood" it can't be taken seriously when you come up with these suggestions.

Yes, Taran said he was up to balance PvP. In the 0.51a Sphere way though, you clearly never heard of it ... right?

I'm in game, whats your name? Lets get suited, show me how it's easy to kill without weapons? or just to survive without running eh?

Edit: Ok woulda coulda shoulda dude:/ you're entire squad are pro's, yet I've to see anyone of them fight:/ Alright, i'm done, good luck changing the pvp the way you decided to change it, hopefuly Taran shares hes view on fizzling with weapons though.

Kennedy Wrote:I would agree with you if this was a OSI style freeze cast server....but we have run casting to our advantage. You can easily run around, avoiding melee while still landing nukes on your opponent. Factor in that spells dont miss, but weapons often do......along with the mage range being far superior to arch range. And dont forget the para with wep in hand. Yeah, I think it's perfectly logical.

I can then again argue that spells make you run out of mana where when you bow someone you don't run out of arrows so spells vs weapons wasn't really a good example of a point to make.. This whole PvP is based on if you have mana or not to survive and knowing your enemy's mana pool.

Gang Wrote:You will realize that to duel in that area you most likely will be need to pay money without a much chance of win anything. I don't think Taran has plans to create a possibility to only play your pvp system and earn money/loot this way. I think there need to be a reason why these people should learn our PvP too. Otherwise it's like seperating comunities on one single server. Sorry, coldfire died. And what I meant of random is that if random generator on weapon system now HITS instead of MISS on you it only effect the damage you receive, with the way you suggest the lucky person to hit 3-4 times in arow not only will be able to deal alot of damage due to random gen, but also fizzle all the spells the opponent casts meanwhile? Isn't it obvious? You don't like 1vs1 boxes and refuse to try, so you'd like to change it , right? and no god, you have no idea how PvP here works, period. I mean saying "I've observed&understood" it can't be taken seriously when you come up with these suggestions.

Yes, Taran said he was up to balance PvP. In the 0.51a Sphere way though, you clearly never heard of it ... right?

I'm in game, whats your name? Lets get suited, show me how it's easy to kill without weapons? or just to survive without running eh?

Edit: Ok woulda coulda shoulda dude:/ you're entire squad are pro's, yet I've to see anyone of them fight:/ Alright, i'm done, good luck changing the pvp the way you decided to change it, hopefuly Taran shares hes view on fizzling with weapons though.

Hey man I wanna go duel xd

sm0ke Wrote:I can then again argue that spells make you run out of mana where when you bow someone you don't run out of arrows so spells vs weapons wasn't really a good example of a point to make.. This whole PvP is based on if you have mana or not to survive and knowing your enemy's mana pool.

lol, you cant run and shoot arrows man. Only a RETARDED mage player would stand in an archers range with no mana and just take arrows to the face.
And you have mana pots....Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut if you're out of mana, you'd use a wep right? In which case you wouldn't have to worry about getting spells fizzled because youre out of mana and cant cast anyway.

And then what ? Survivability with no mana? Bandies, pots, running, los, hiding...

And yes, you can run out of arrows, the same way you run out of regs....by using them.

Gang Wrote:Sorry, coldfire died. You don't like 1vs1 boxes and refuse to try, so you'd like to change it , right? and no god, you have no idea how PvP here works, period. I mean saying "I've observed&understood" it can't be taken seriously when you come up with these suggestions.

Who said anything about Coldfire? Every shard I've played melee fizzled magery. I'm pretty sure melee is actually supposed to fizzle magery. I'm done talking about changing other aspects of PvP like spell vs spell fizzing.

If you guys have fun in those little tourny arenas, be my guest. Don't any of you like to PvP in the world? It's like you only think about the arena PvP and how changes would effect it.

Again I made one single topic about spell fizzling, and one topic with different 4 suggestions. You guys act like I am spamming your forums DEMANDING everything change or something.

It's the same 2 or 3 of you that keep blowing shit way out of proportion and turning my threads into ***** fests.

Oh, and ok. You make a brand new character like I have and give me the exact equipment you are going to use and sure I'll duel you.

Kennedy Wrote:lol, you cant run and shoot arrows man. Only a RETARDED mage player would stand in an archers range with no mana and just take arrows to the face.
And you have mana pots....Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut if you're out of mana, you'd use a wep right? In which case you wouldn't have to worry about getting spells fizzled because youre out of mana and cant cast anyway.

And then what ? Survivability with no mana? Bandies, pots, running, los...

And yes, you can run out of arrows, the same way you run out of regs....by using them.

Win for logic.

Kennedy Wrote:lol, you cant run and shoot arrows man. Only a RETARDED mage player would stand in an archers range with no mana and just take arrows to the face.

And then what ? Survivability with no mana? Bandies, pots, running, los...

I was talking in the context of 1v1 in the area where theres no los or any way to block the archers view. So now how will you balance it in there? Because if you create it in game it must be made balanced in the tours as well. So now that I stated it clearer what is your counter argument to that? Everything has to be balanced not just PvP out in the world.

EDIT: If you can't see that you can fs 6-8 times with full mana and your only using unreliable bandages to try and live you really have no idea what your speaking about for logic in dueling on this shard in this PvP either.

Also, this thread is just a suggestion for an implementation to reach a compromising, middle ground. The current top players don't want change, and I can respect that. I realize its pretty unrealistic to come to a shard and propose drastic changes without. But this is a suggestion people, and nothing more.

But, what's gonna happen when the other 180 new players afk macroing find out this is a non fizzle pvp shard?
Sphere is famous for its run-cast, los mage duels, and many people don't even question that fizzling is already included in this type of pvp. Half of the newer players I talk to have never even heard of non fizzle mage pvp.

That's cool, Taran rented a banner at the top of the uo shard page and people see a populated Sphere server and jump on. I can almost guarantee 100% that if the shard description had the words' NON FIZZLE PVP' in the description, a good chunk of these new players wouldn't have joined.
But only time will tell...

Kennedy Wrote:Also, this thread is just a suggestion for an implementation to reach a compromising, middle ground. The current top players don't want change, and I can respect that. I realize its pretty unrealistic to come to a shard and propose drastic changes without. But this is a suggestion people, and nothing more.

But, what's gonna happen when the other 180 new players afk macroing find out this is a non fizzle pvp shard?
Sphere is famous for its run-cast, los mage duels, and many people don't even question that fizzling is already included in this type of pvp. Half of the newer players I talk to have never even heard of non fizzle mage pvp.

That's cool, Taran rented a banner at the top of the uo shard page and people see a populated Sphere server and jump on. I can almost guarantee 100% that if the shard description had the words' NON FIZZLE PVP' in the description, a good chunk of these new players wouldn't have joined.

I agree, maybe the shard description should include what type of PvP it is and system we use rather than give people false hope and wasting there time before joining.

sm0ke Wrote:I was talking in the context of 1v1 in the area where theres no los or any way to block the archers view. So now how will you balance it in there? Because if you create it in game it must be made balanced in the tours as well. So now that I stated it clearer what is your counter argument to that? Everything has to be balanced not just PvP out in the world.

I wasn't made clear that we were talking about the tourney arena, but all you'd have to do is add some LOS objects in said arena, nuff said. Use LOS, time your spells, avoid arch.

Also, I could care less about a supplied tourney in an 8x8 box. Field pvp has always been where it's at in uo. But that is only my opinion....and my opinion doesn't have to matter to anyone else, but that is one of the many purposes of these forums....to discuss opinions. Smile

Kennedy Wrote:I can almost guarantee 100% that if the shard description had the words' NON FIZZLE PVP' in the description, a good chunk of these new players wouldn't have joined.

Wow how much of a assumption that is. There was a vote poll and there was 26 to 15 vote on fizzling spells which were all for No. Someone from your group claimed it was because "Oh, they don't use the forums". If they cared enough to play here and have things changed they would of cared enough to voted for interrupt. Your speaking for invisible and imaginary people that are not even able to sign into forum account to vote? pffffff

Its funny how Maximus deleted his pole too

Kennedy Wrote:I wasn't made clear that we were talking about the tourney arena, but all you'd have to do is add some LOS objects in said arena, nuff said. Use LOS, time your spells, avoid arch.

Also, I could care less about a supplied tourney in an 8x8 box. Field pvp has always been where it's at in uo. But that is only my opinion....and my opinion doesn't have to matter to anyone else, but that is one of the many purposes of these forums....to discuss opinions. Smile

Then it wouldn't be PvP it would be a hiding game. I could run around a box forever and keep mana forever in any duel I wanted and never die I'll promise you that and if you don't believe it we can test it out. There's no reason to change the PvP as habibi has made a nice structured post. It's not broken.. There shard has died as gang bang said so they wanted it recreated here, well I'll say what gang and habibi have both said as well. There PvP won't be recreated here when our PvP isn't broken and there's no need to change it. They need to learn to adapt rather than be here for less than a week and complain to change it. It's as simple as that, I provided points as to why it shouldn't be changed and you wanted to change something else in order for it to work. It won't work like that I mean every time you change something, another thing will be unbalanced. It's all made like this for a reason because it is balanced, no matter if it's boring to you or not many people enjoy this PvP. The funny thing this is only a small portion of the shards players on the forums 85% of the shard who play and PvP here doesn't even use the forums so ofc you'll get people in favor of fizzling spells and LoS blockers rather than keep it the same.

Robin Hood Wrote:Wow how much of a assumption that is. There was a vote poll and there was 26 to 15 vote on fizzling spells which were all for No. Someone from your group claimed it was because "Oh, they don't use the forums". If they cared enough to play here and have things changed they would of cared enough to voted for interrupt. Your speaking for invisible and imaginary people that are not even able to sign into forum account to vote? pffffff

Its funny how Maximus deleted his pole too

Maybe they haven't even bothered getting on the forums because:

-they automatically assume its fizzle pvp
-they are afk macroing
-they speak a foreign language
-have no interest in joining boards

And do you not agree that a description of the shards pvp type (especially a factor as drastic as non fizzle pvp, which has caused alot of debate here) should be included in the description?
Like I said, people see a populated sphere server and jump on.....it's usually a no brainer that there is fizzle, and I wouldn't expect people to ponder it before joining and grinding skills afk.