Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Few Changes Made

Dige_Kapati Wrote:If you started ruining XUO pvp, then make it for all spells, and make fs take like 100hp on naked, and like 5 dmg in adamantium, its gona be fun !

Just FYI, this is the way it was on sphere, by default.

EB and Explosion ALWAYS did more damage to naked people than to armoured people.

FS and other spells will NOT be affected.

Well I like the idea, alot, but there's one problem... You added an extra two scrolls people need to carry around now. Which means you made PVP even more costly, and with the loot, cost for reags, etc... I believe you need to look at the other side of the coin here and change the loot around or the price of certain regrements so people can offord to buy these scrolls or people selling these scrolls can sell them....

At the moment, people are too poor and with the basic scrolls out there they cant even offord to buy them.

So what I am suggesting is make it so the actaul spell makes you stronger vs naked people, or make the prices of like blank scrolls, or even regrements, down to 3 gp...

What ever you guys plan on doing, I really hope you change the loot system now that you're bringing the cost of pvping even higher. When you change one thing, it effects the other part, which is money, so we need a balance here, because before you even added these two scrolls to the pvp menu, people were having a hard time buying the scrolls and if they did they were too scared to use them because of how much they costed.

tweak the loot, pleaseeeeeee... It's the only way...

What we must understand here is, this is a different generation of UO players. If you look around, most top shards anyways with +1200 people... It's not hard to get your skills, well pvp based mostly, or even get money... We need to tweak the loot here a little by i'd say 40% extra of all monster loots so people can start paying for things and actually start being part of this server...

As it stands, people are too afraid to use resources to go ganking, pvp items shouldnt be very expensive, but the armors should in a sense, depending on their AR.

Anyways I can go on for another 2000 words on what I believe can really improve this shard from my past experiences and from me scoping different shards and getting an idea of what made them successfulll... I would really like to speak to some devs because as much as I can be a dick to people ingame, I do know what im talking about...

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

Silverwolf Wrote:Well I like the idea, alot, but there's one problem... You added an extra two scrolls people need to carry around now. Which means you made PVP even more costly, and with the loot, cost for reags, etc... I believe you need to look at the other side of the coin here and change the loot around or the price of certain regrements so people can offord to buy these scrolls or people selling these scrolls can sell them....

At the moment, people are too poor and with the basic scrolls out there they cant even offord to buy them.

So what I am suggesting is make it so the actaul spell makes you stronger vs naked people, or make the prices of like blank scrolls, or even regrements, down to 3 gp...

What ever you guys plan on doing, I really hope you change the loot system now that you're bringing the cost of pvping even higher. When you change one thing, it effects the other part, which is money, so we need a balance here, because before you even added these two scrolls to the pvp menu, people were having a hard time buying the scrolls and if they did they were too scared to use them because of how much they costed.

tweak the loot, pleaseeeeeee... It's the only way...

What we must understand here is, this is a different generation of UO players. If you look around, most top shards anyways with +1200 people... It's not hard to get your skills, well pvp based mostly, or even get money... We need to tweak the loot here a little by i'd say 40% extra of all monster loots so people can start paying for things and actually start being part of this server...

As it stands, people are too afraid to use resources to go ganking, pvp items shouldnt be very expensive, but the armors should in a sense, depending on their AR.

Anyways I can go on for another 2000 words on what I believe can really improve this shard from my past experiences and from me scoping different shards and getting an idea of what made them successfulll... I would really like to speak to some devs because as much as I can be a dick to people ingame, I do know what im talking about...

Heh your wrong. Now you can go sell the amor of whoever you kill thus make even more money :lol:

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-

Aghast Wrote:Heh your wrong. Now you can go sell the amor of whoever you kill thus make even more money :lol:

Very true although i have to agree with Silverwolf, its really hard to get money which is good in a way but many prob dont have money to gear up atm. Maybe thats because everyone is putting their money on training, i dunno.. A tweak to loot would definatly not ruin the economy thats all im saying.

I don't quite understand how people think its so hard to make money. there are a ton of different ways to make alot of quick and easy money. Provocation, Harvesting, MiB's, Great Hert = 30 leather / 3leather per leather glove/ Leather Glove =18gp / 180gp per great heart! and i don't even wana mention Drakes and drags. I mean.. your not going to get like 50k an hour.... but it would be retarded if you could... nothing would have any value and everyone would be running around with the top of the line items. Great PvPers Don't complain about cost... because they hardly ever loose enough to have to worry about restocking everything if they die.... Yes Skill is important... and to my understanding, PvP skills are easy to train....

I am The Good Father Juan.
Qui Tac Concentrat * Those who are silent, agree
All are born to observe order, But few are born to establish it.

Fear is not knowing what is, it is wondering what for.

[Image: meph28lu.jpg]

Dige_Kapati Wrote:Thats why you do it as I say, if fs kill you with one hit, no one will ever go out without armor ! THATS GREAT ! WOHO ! a lot of work for BS. That will fix pvp completely and we will live happily ever after.

a very welcome change

That idea was ridiculous..

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

Well, considering the afk macro rules on training and non resource skills. Lets take a look at the time table to skill learned ratio

These are just guestimated figures, not actual timelines. Do NOT take my word for this, but use it as a guideline

GM all Combat skills (Not including Magery)

Nearly 1-2 weeks, depending on how long your computer will stay turned on.

Now, I know a lot of people say, well, how the **** do I train all that, that fast?

There is a sparring macro I wrote, and I am sure others wrote, concerning similar topics.

With that macro, you can easily GM ALL combats, maybe not archery because of the massive damage it causes. But, archery is VERY EASY to gain while hunting with GM Tactics. I know, I did it, and made over 150k using an Elven bow from Start, to Finish. I even marked runes for mobs I could get arrows from.

300 arrows from two rune locations.

Nearly... I would sayyy about 5-9000 gold per hunt with just 300 arrows.
(This is without using any magery EXCEPT, for Blade Spirits, recall, and mark(if needed).)

Now, considering I usually bring about 50 of each reg when I restock, that totals to 1600 gold.

So IF I spend all my regs per hunt(Highly doubtful) I will bring in at minimum 3400 gold per hunt.

I average currently around 10-15k in 35 minutes. And NO I do NOT hunt at destard. In my hunt run, I MIGHT hunt 1 or even 2 dragons, just for the sake of gathering scales.

Now, when I first started hunting, I made sure, ANY money I gathered, went into restock and for sulfur to train magery. I didn't use any player guides, I just made my own.

If anyone here is a noob, and playing UO, I'm sure they are experienced with rpg's and how to maneuver around the system a bit, come on, who the hell plays UO and isn't experienced in rpg today? Tongue

It is VERY VERY easy to make money in this game. You just have to be calm, and use your head, especially if you are a newcomer.

My hands hurt.

I did a little testing, trying out Energy Bolt with armors that I currently have ( topping with Aqua ) and whatever the AR was, the spell did exactly 36 damage. Is it a bug, is it because I haven't mastered Resisting Spells yet, or is it because only high-end armors actually reduce the damage? If it is indeed not a bug, this will only make ganking armored newcomers a lot more easier Sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What was the start of all this?
When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?
Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But for a certainity, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...
Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoes,
Under cerulean skies...

ScareCrow Wrote:That idea was ridiculous..

Orly? :icon_twisted:

Gwynn Wrote:I did a little testing, trying out Energy Bolt with armors that I currently have ( topping with Aqua ) and whatever the AR was, the spell did exactly 36 damage. Is it a bug, is it because I haven't mastered Resisting Spells yet, or is it because only high-end armors actually reduce the damage? If it is indeed not a bug, this will only make ganking armored newcomers a lot more easier Sad

No its not a bug, the changes have yet to be implemented on IN:X... They will be soon

I have restarted the server now so changed have been made

Max damage is now 45 instead of 55