Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Vote!!!

yes, im having a small issue too, im only told i already voted for a link when i click it. but then the window opens anyways to vote.

or should it happen like that?

im using MYIE2 aka Maxthon... maybe an issue is i clear my cookies...

edit: i just tried the links in your sig, and a little box popped up saying "you cannot vote at this time..."

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pande Wrote:yes, im having a small issue too, im only told i already voted for a link when i click it. but then the window opens anyways to vote.

or should it happen like that?

im using MYIE2 aka Maxthon... maybe an issue is i clear my cookies...

edit: i just tried the links in your sig, and a little box popped up saying "you cannot vote at this time..."

It has nothing to do with cookies or anything. It calls a PHP script in the background with XMLHttp request, or uses an ActiveX object if you are running IE.

Now, I've never heard of your browser before, but if it doesn't store the votes, its cause you can't either create the specified things (XMLHttp is standard though), cause your security is set to high so you can't create them (IE and possibly others) or just cause your JS is off. If the JS is off, the vote links will act like the vote links in my signture. They will never change "image" on page load.

If I'd have to guess, I'd say that you can't create the XMLHttp object, since your vote images change on click, but not on page reload. This means that your JS is active so that your images can actually change, but that you cant send "information" in the background. So the script reacts to that and uses the old vote script (the one that works on all browsers, but is not as functional as mine). Best way to test it is to check what the link to the web pages are. If it's the same URL as in my sig then its cause you cant create XMLHttp objects.

In other words, its not a bug, its a featureBig Grin The script works on all browsers, no matter if you can create XMLHttp object or if your java script is disabledTongue If you browser has the "new" features, it will use them, if it doesn't it will use the old, less functional but working, features.
(Assuming that I'm right)

still works great for me, no issues at allBig Grin

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

seems to be working better for me now somehow. its possible my campus network reset and i got a new ip, but can your ip change if your local ip (within the network) stays the same? You can tell i don't really know what i'm talking about with networking. Sad

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Cole Wrote:seems to be working better for me now somehow. its possible my campus network reset and i got a new ip, but can your ip change if your local ip (within the network) stays the same? You can tell i don't really know what i'm talking about with networking. Sad
I believe it can, but I'm not really a wiz at networking.

ye it can, the router or switch desides the ip's within the network. if all the ips within the network would change aswell it would be hell for all the network admins to administrate.

holding hands <3

Did someone say banner? ;o

Ill give it a shot gimmy size and what u wanna see on it ill hop to it and then we can vote if its gunna be out banner or what not.

[Image: untitled1copyyb3.png]

Nemo, that would be great Big Grin

Maximum size: 468x60
Content: Well that depends if you're going to make it animated or not. Some of our features from our website should be in it. We can always change the text later though.

well my issue with the voting only happens for the top link.

-i load in-x homepage
-no links have "already voted" stamped on them
-i click them one by one and all 3 windows open
-the top link gets "already voted" stamped on it
-i vote for inx
-refresh homepage
-everything has "already voted" on it

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

this is how i do.

open inx.

click link 1 vote. close
click link 2 vote. close
click link 3 vote. close.

tada =)

holding hands <3

Shouldn't we make a competition? I find its always nicer to have multiple entries to chose from.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Yeah.. I thought about that as well
I'll see if I can come up with what should be written on the banner, then I might host a contest.