Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How are you jackasses doing?

ah man.. the sheep ****er is still around eh

Raziel_ Wrote:Is borderlands 2 good? Is it better than borderlands 1?

very good. i really liked borderlands 1, and this game play is a little bit different than the first one.. but I really like it. ive beat the game once already onto my second play through. i made 4 characters so far, 3 of them are lvl 20 and my main one is 40. its a fun game

You all still playing UO?

nope

I'm playing FFXIV on the Balmung server. ;p (By playing, I mean I have a crafting bot pressing enter over and over while I'm at work.)
I was playing some D3 for a while, but it's boring now.
Most of the time I'm working or sleeping. :/

Eru Wrote:I'm playing FFXIV on the Balmung server. ;p (By playing, I mean I have a crafting bot pressing enter over and over while I'm at work.)
I was playing some D3 for a while, but it's boring now.
Most of the time I'm working or sleeping. :/

Have you played the game itself at all? How is it nowadays? I tried the beta and found it very boring, broken and inefficient with system resources. I heard they are in the process of remaking it after a failed launch.

I used play some FFXI but it's been a while. I sort of liked the party mechanics of that game but everything was so tedious and time consuming that it became a botting fest.

It's better now. They've enabled hardware mouse which is the #1 thing that made me furious... trying to click on things with the mouse stutter-stopping around the screen... The quests are really cool, I think. Plenty of storyline and cut-scenes. Problem is, they put a lot of work into the quests, so there aren't enough to keep you occupied like there are with other games like WoW where they can copy/paste the same 'collect 10 frog butts' quest over and over. Not sure if this is good or bad.

The main gripes I have now are leveling and transportation. The levelling involves doing daily leve quests, but you only get like 4 every 8 hours and they stack up to 99. I currently have a full set of 99 because I don't do leves very often now that I'm max level, but when I was leveling, there was literally *nothing* to do once I finished my leves (at about 10 minutes each). 40 minutes of repetitious quests, then 7+ hours of grinding on monsters (not like that... ew).

Transportation's a pain also since you have to walk everywhere. You have to walk to get your leve quests (usually 4 max for a location), then run to the place to do them, then run back to get more. Then when you do quests, you have to run to town, then run out to where the quest is (usually a 5-10 minute run), then run back to turn it in. You can teleport, but it uses Anima to teleport. You can have 100 max and you get 1 point ever 4 hours. Problem is, just to teleport to town is 2 Anima, then 4 anima to teleport to an outpost. If you teleport to a town outside your current area, it's 3 anima, and 6 for an outpost.
(8, 16, 12, 24 hours recharge time). You start with 100 anima, but once it's out, you are stuck walking everywhere or waiting a day for it to recharge. :/

The running around gets better once you get a chocobo, but there's a *lot* of running around involved in getting it. For a while, you could just grind to 30 and get a free Goobbue mount, but they can't be acquired anymore.

Still, I enjoyed the hell out of FFXI. It was one of my favorite games precisely because of how punishing and memorable it was. Might as well check it out ocne it's released as FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. Currently, you can't make a new account or reactivate an old one since they're taking the servers down on Oct 31st to transfer the data over to the 2.0 servers. I think it'll still be playable, but the progress won't be saved after that point. Tongue

<3 Missing you pookie

[Image: Comic2d.jpg]

ive been playing guild wars 2 but when realm reborn comes out i may try it ...i played 14 when it first come out but the combat was to bland for me but from what i saw with realm reborn looks really good

I muck about with other mmo but UO is the only game that has ever hooked me.

anyone played on another shard?

Falstaff u roleplaying fool. you will love this shard im playing here atm: http://www.ulmaria.webs.com
If you miss uo, I promise this will blow you away.

Darren is still around.