Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

things that could get the shard better

Actually everyone talked about all that already. And argued... and... ah, nevermind. Everything repeats and will repeat.

sm0ke Wrote:there is a lot of melee in this pvp, its about 60-40 melee to magery to be honest.

And still theres only 1 build and style , and thats tankmage style , which certainly uses a bit of melee but is focussed around getting the burst dmg down by magic.
Im just saying more diversety , maybe the possibility to allow another type of pvp style even if it is not that 'skilled' ?
I did not criticise the style directly , do you really need to defend this pvp so wholeheartly and deny any alternatives?

And sorry i dont take the words 'to be honest' too seriously because they imply that you would normally lie Tongue.

and to create even the archer figure out, it would necessarily just to let use archery while moving by ppl dressing chainmail

this way, warriors won't dress chain cause they probably want the plate with resist magic on it
and mages won't dress chain too cause it would decrease a lot the meditation regen.
(talking referring to the rules I suggested at beginning of this thread)

and chain mails would also acquire a price in the market (that don't have right now)

of course with these rules the dresses shouldn't be allowed to change during combact, with exception of the weapons.
or watching a pvp duel could become a fashion parade..

even if, the archer then wouldn't have much use in tournaments.. so the arena should be changed with one place larger

also all these rules would facilitate solo pvm for skilled ppl that could change dress and so combact style in a dungeon... (that right now the overall difficulty is pretty high and summon only oriented)

You all just so good at all these ideas, I adore you all, dear people.

Azuru Wrote:And still theres only 1 build and style , and thats tankmage style , which certainly uses a bit of melee but is focussed around getting the burst dmg down by magic.
Im just saying more diversety , maybe the possibility to allow another type of pvp style even if it is not that 'skilled' ?
I did not criticise the style directly , do you really need to defend this pvp so wholeheartly and deny any alternatives?

And sorry i dont take the words 'to be honest' too seriously because they imply that you would normally lie Tongue.

well i mean i just don't know how many pvp's you want to create here taran made fizzle areas for people who enjoy that style and there's also this style already there's been countless fights and disagreements and now you want him to take the time and make yet another pvp and have new arguments :/ It already feels like two communties and two different shards I don't think even having two styles of PvP is good for the shard but that's not my call.

and uhh I dont lie?

I wasnt even talking about fizzle , and i dont meant to change the pvp style complete but just to advance it .
It would mean you could play the way you played before but there is more variety.
I talk about open and official pvp not some arenas , im more of a fan of fizzle but i gave up on that , im willing to accept this system IF its changed and worked on , there are many things about this pvp that i dont like.
And i did not say that you lied.

Azuru Wrote:I wasnt even talking about fizzle , and i dont meant to change the pvp style complete but just to advance it .
It would mean you could play the way you played before but there is more variety.
I talk about open and official pvp not some arenas , im more of a fan of fizzle but i gave up on that , im willing to accept this system IF its changed and worked on , there are many things about this pvp that i dont like.
And i did not say that you lied.

Well what im saying is why must it be changed? just because you like aspects of it whats wrong with the system we have now? certain amount of players play here because they enjoy this type of pvp already

sm0ke Wrote:Well what im saying is why must it be changed? just because you like aspects of it whats wrong with the system we have now? certain amount of players play here because they enjoy this type of pvp already

Even if they like it it does not mean theyre completely satisfied with it.
And me with many other aren't too , you see that by the amount of threads regarding pvp.
Ive seen many peaple leave because of the pvp.
And again , im not saying to change the system but the advance it , kinda tiring to keep repeating myself.
The threadstarter made suggestion that just would cause mages to consider not always wearing plate , which makes sense in my opinion and contributes to the atmosphere in the game , and of course the possibility to play a dexxer type of pvp.
So i ask you , why should it not be changed? Many peaple unhappy with it too , why not making compromises?
Well , at last the staff has to decide anyway if anything major should be changed or suggestions made by the players are worthy.

i'm with Azuru about this

I have to say that I wrote down my idea about pvp even because from what I understood, Taran and the shard itself follow a "most real as possible" rule generally,
so, I thought that the different use of armor types went to make the rules even more real
(a mage that cast in a full plate is pretty rare in these games in general i guess)

speaking about this properly, i wanted to reassume
for Taran (in case he would consider these changes or just put it on vote or whatever..):

NEW ARMOR TYPES:

all actual plates (to keep those)
+ high loss % of dex on dress BUT for some rare metals with medium loss % (this added in a % to each piece of armor)
+ high penalty to mana reg
+ spell flizzle

ringmail with magic resist [you'd decide if add this value to some existing type of metals, maybe because of the ease with which you lose items should be found even in monsters idk]
+ high loss % of dex on dress BUT for some rare metals with medium loss %
+ high penalty to mana reg
+ spell flizzle
+ magic resistance % (maybe each item singularly would be nice, and different % for rare metals)

ringmail
+ medium loss % of dex on dress BUT for some rare metals with light loss %
+ medium penalty to mana reg
+ spell flizzle

chainmail
+ light loss % of dex on dress BUT for some rare metals with no loss %
+ medium penalty to mana reg
+ spell flizzle
+ ability to use bow while moving

leather armor [to modify to very light levels of AC]
+ no loss % of dex on dress
+ no penalty to mana reg
+ no spell flizzle

*then a script to prevent the dress change during combact should be added

WHAT THIS MEANS

war would have
+ to add a better healing with bandages than it does right now if wearing plate, ringmail or chainmail
+ to add possibility to interrupts casting on melee hit (even wrestling)
(and they'll still have the choice of wear armors with magic res if want to be more strong vs mages but they lose a bit vs other wars)
- almost no cast with a plate, really rare cast with a ringmail or a chainmail due to the armor proprieties

mage would have
+ to add improved mana reg rate generally (so that one player can do a full combact using spells)
- very low res to weapons due to wearing leather armors
- to add possibility to be interrupted if hit melee

arcers would have
+ to add possibility to use archery while moving if dressing chainmail
+ better healing with bandages than it does right now if wearing plate, ringmail or chain mail (same as wars)

with this must be clear that i don't want do the job of the staff here, these are just ideas i had and i wrote down with scheme so that would be more clear and easly valued
i think this changes they can like or not but it lead anyway to a very balanced system and different playstyles keeping all the rest untouched

Azuru Wrote:Even if they like it it does not mean theyre completely satisfied with it.
And me with many other aren't too , you see that by the amount of threads regarding pvp.
Ive seen many peaple leave because of the pvp.
And again , im not saying to change the system but the advance it , kinda tiring to keep repeating myself.
The threadstarter made suggestion that just would cause mages to consider not always wearing plate , which makes sense in my opinion and contributes to the atmosphere in the game , and of course the possibility to play a dexxer type of pvp.
So i ask you , why should it not be changed? Many peaple unhappy with it too , why not making compromises?
Well , at last the staff has to decide anyway if anything major should be changed or suggestions made by the players are worthy.

Making compromises doesn't mean redesign the whole PvP removing mana pots and adding armor that allows spells to fizzle or non fizzleable spells is pretty much the same thing as having fizzle PvP. I by all means have never seen most of you even PvP or attempt to learn it in events duel stones or tournements, you guys seem unhappy yet are unwilling to ask questions nor learn about the system. I'm on practically all day and all night which is nothing to brag about but i'm sure a few people can vouch for me on that one so I know when people are putting effort into trying this PvP and when people just don't like it and don't even attempt to adapt to it or asks questions.

There are many different types of PvP fizzle mage/warrior / our current state of pvp, even XUO had a different style compared to these two but you don't see me suggestion to change scrolls that intake health and reduce mana because that's what we had on XUO. If you'd like I can make an entire layout of the pvp and suggest it little by little, but this isn't XUO so I won't do that. Compromises are about tweaking little things such as damages bandages healing hits and armor rating. Adding things that you want would drastically change the PvP and the fact that you can't see, know or understand that tells me you don't understand this PvP yet your self.

Your looking at this pvp as mages/warriors still I've told many people it's a mix of both there's not one type of class there's no skill cap so you can imagine what you can do in a duel. Nobody will be completely satisfied with the PvP all the time, I'm not I'm sure many others aren't as well with hits and such atm. It can never be perfect but I agree hits should be top priority as of right now.

People left here because they weren't happy and the shard description wasn't clear enough when they started. They thought the PvP was fizzle from the start and didn't feel like adapting or putting the time into hunting to learn this type of PvP even though taran took the time to create a fizzle PvP area. Even more people left recently due to nothing going or no events or lately no pages being answered, it's a number of things that made people leave not the PvP itself just the other day we have 20v20 or so at brit bridge I believe GM helper was there too encourage some ganks maybe he even took some screen shots.

Yeah your right it's up to the staff to choose weather it should be changed or not,but I just thought I would share my point of view and opinion on the matter considering it keeps coming up to be the same problem and it's always the same thing when people post to change the PvP

sm0ke Wrote:Making compromises doesn't mean redesign the whole PvP removing mana pots and adding armor that allows spells to fizzle or non fizzleable spells is pretty much the same thing as having fizzle PvP. I by all means have never seen most of you even PvP or attempt to learn it in events duel stones or tournements, you guys seem unhappy yet are unwilling to ask questions nor learn about the system. I'm on practically all day and all night which is nothing to brag about but i'm sure a few people can vouch for me on that one so I know when people are putting effort into trying this PvP and when people just don't like it and don't even attempt to adapt to it or asks questions.

There are many different types of PvP fizzle mage/warrior / our current state of pvp, even XUO had a different style compared to these two but you don't see me suggestion to change scrolls that intake health and reduce mana because that's what we had on XUO. If you'd like I can make an entire layout of the pvp and suggest it little by little, but this isn't XUO so I won't do that. Compromises are about tweaking little things such as damages bandages healing hits and armor rating. Adding things that you want would drastically change the PvP and the fact that you can't see, know or understand that tells me you don't understand this PvP yet your self.

Your looking at this pvp as mages/warriors still I've told many people it's a mix of both there's not one type of class there's no skill cap so you can imagine what you can do in a duel. Nobody will be completely satisfied with the PvP all the time, I'm not I'm sure many others aren't as well with hits and such atm. It can never be perfect but I agree hits should be top priority as of right now.

People left here because they weren't happy and the shard description wasn't clear enough when they started. They thought the PvP was fizzle from the start and didn't feel like adapting or putting the time into hunting to learn this type of PvP even though taran took the time to create a fizzle PvP area. Even more people left recently due to nothing going or no events or lately no pages being answered, it's a number of things that made people leave not the PvP itself just the other day we have 20v20 or so at brit bridge I believe GM helper was there too encourage some ganks maybe he even took some screen shots.

Yeah your right it's up to the staff to choose weather it should be changed or not,but I just thought I would share my point of view and opinion on the matter considering it keeps coming up to be the same problem and it's always the same thing when people post to change the PvP

Your Opinion is granted Big Grin,

Of course many Peaple leave because of many matters combined , but PvP is the strongest factor , and that does not mean its only the reason for fizzle/non-fizzle. , hence i even heard one of your veterans say that the system is pretty stale.

Saying peaple are unthankful is always easy , also saying that veterans are used to this is pretty much knockout argument , it forbids change.
Also its always easy to tell peaple that theyre wrong and they dont know what theyre talking about , as i see it many of those peaple tried many different shards and have amounted an understanding of the overall mechanics of uo.

And i tried this PvP , ive tried many , and you cant tell me this System is that complex so i cant understand its fundamental mechanics.
I have even told you before indirectly that i know this playstyle is a mix between Mage/warrior by saying that this server has 1 role , and that is that of a tankmage , ( many many servers and osi servers had those and still have , even with fizzle its the major pvp style).
And yes , even more with a no skill cap system you CAN call it one style , even more than on other servers with skill caps (thats why peaple talk about stats being a factor on defining roles).
This is not quantum science were talking about , peaple are majorly able to grasp what all this is about.

There are some factors with the spells of course , maybe i dont know all of em or how to perfectly time everything , but i got a picture of whats going on , i even hate that the pvp is so heavily supplie based( Talking about scrolls and pots , and yes , i know scrolls = lessdamage/faster castspeed).

About the compromises , i myself said that removing mana pots might be too much.
For example i think making melee weapons fizzle and metal armor reduce meditation is reasonable , as well as a compromise , and by far not the same as adding fizzle as a whole.
When talking about adding new mechanics that does not mean that everyone who finds pvp lacking here have the same opinion , and again , whats to add and whats not to add is up to the staff .
But peaple overall making these many suggestions tells me that even within the community of this server there is a majorly unhappyness , of course making everyone happy is impossible , and determing whats the right course for the major playerbase is hard , still making suggestions in the suggestion forum is legetimite.

Im also under the impression that peaple who left should have been more stubborn on more discuession , this is a community and telling new joining players to gtfo or to tell them 'you dont have an idea what youre talking about' if they dont like this is contraproductive and isolating the playerbasegrowth.

This discussion is also about Veterans like you being stubborn about changes with impact , and you could say now peaple are being stubborn about learning this system , and i disagree , i think the majority picks up on this system pretty quickly.
Im asking you just to be a little more open , not overly enthusiastic and nodding to everything , just being a little more open minded.

if the flizzle is a problem just leave it from the scheme, its a plus, it all can works even without it

even mana potions, if ya all affectionated to that, keep it
but don't reject an entire project for a detail, i think a different armor use and way of choose your pvp (that can be each time different) would add something to the game...

still, the pvp idea was ONE among others, i think the tamers one for ex. is a valid idea to consider in the meanwhile..
but, in all this, are GM here? because whether they would not, we're speaking to the air
GMs please give us a sign Smile