Imagine Nation Forums
things that could get the shard better - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: things that could get the shard better (/showthread.php?tid=5410)

Pages: 1 2 3

things that could get the shard better - Hiraku - 04-05-2012

I'd like to do a list of things I consider would get the shard better

- put a richer random loot system would add some pvm interest, and could create an auction section for the forum (really funny, i tested before somewhere else)

- the auction forum should be followed by simple rules like: 24h from the bid, if no one else bid the last bidder win the auction, no more than 1 up in 24h by the owner, min bid, instant buy if the owner want, etc..
some has then implemented an in-game auction linked to the forum one, but it would be a plus, i think the forum is even more funny for that stuff

- make rune books that can be newbied by a medium-difficult quest, or by reward scroll (at the end also the magic books are newbied, and its more about a pain to lose it than a treasure for the one that steal it...)

- add some tamable creatures that can fight only in pvm, to revive a lil bit the tamer figure in pvm...... now it is dead, and a lot of ppl like to play tamers
maybe followed by a quicker increase of the skill till 70, and set the rare mounts tamable only with 90-100. where at 70 you could tame for exe. something you can already use for pvm and still train it slowly to get stronger

(- hire some ppl that likes do gm questers, to organize, even one time a week a quest live, not automated, (the best should be with no pvp allowed less than for factions or guild wars, but this may be criticized by many here) for those i'd like to point out that its only an exception for these rare happening quests... even the tourneys has pvp friendly rules)

- a "declare war" "truce" etc. system in the guild stone could be nice for example (idk if is already there actually)
the common system where after a guild declared war to another, the two can hit each other on sight everywhere...

- about PVP, one idea should be to give certains armors a magic resist but a major spell flizzle (so that only melee will use it) and make mana regen. lil bit faster to anyone**, so that some ppl will pvp as warriors and some as mages,
to do this its also needed that mages can't wear heavy armors anymore or the wars would be disadvantaged, so for ex. let only the leather to regen. mana normally

- eliminate mana potions in pvp**
about the pvm a solution can be found, for ex. you can't use mana pot while in combact... this way in pvm you'll have your summons there and you warmode off and drink
and in pvp you should have to run very far away and be not targeted

atm thats all, when I'll have other ideas I'll post it

ADD:

- prohibits autoloot macros (by inject or razor or any) on pvm quests
(its bad to see one or two guys among 8 looting every nickel in half a second because of the macro)

- another idea for pvp, always keeping the idea melee/mages that would balance even more can be adding spell flizzle if hit by a melee weap
and especially talking about bandages, the war would count almost only on that to heal, so a way the war heals faster with bandages should be find, for ex. if you are at peace with mana you bandage yourself more faster

things that could get the shard better - tranith - 04-05-2012

I like it all, except for eliminate mana pots lol.
Good Ideas tho, Iv been here a month now and haven't seen to many major changes to attract players, few bug fix's in what not, but yea nice ideas Smile

things that could get the shard better - Xerxes - 04-05-2012

Oh sound interesting! hopefully Taran will look into this! Smile

things that could get the shard better - sm0ke - 04-05-2012

- eliminate mana potions**

lol?

things that could get the shard better - Mael - 04-05-2012

well if they made med way better and useable during combat you could eliminate manas

yea, thats why i linked the two things with **

and it would be more simple, with no changes in the combact at the end.. (its not pushing a key for drink mana pot that do a pvper actually, and you still have other potions)

for alchemists business just think that if the figure of tamers pvm is back you can always high the prices of shrink potions, and you still have other types

things that could get the shard better - sm0ke - 04-05-2012

Hiraku Wrote:yea, thats why i linked the two things with **

and it would be more simple, with no changes in the combact at the end.. (its not pushing a key for drink mana pot that do a pvper actually, and you still have other potions)

for alchemists business just think that if the figure of tamers pvm is back you can always high the prices of shrink potions, and you still have other types

you can't meditate while in combat, not to mention drinking potions in this pvp is kinda key in killing people if they have a pot or not to use etc that's why most people won't agree with you.. and every shard i've played to this day even different types of pvp from nos and xuo all had mana pots because mana pots aren't just for pvp their for hunting as well

i know what you are saying, but try to imagine this different precisely,
with meditation while in combact and improved a bit, you don't need mana pot anymore

and the matter "if they have mana pot or not" is anti-skill actually, i mean you must prove your skill in pvping not show if you have a good memory and you remembered to take mana pot with you

about the pvm a solution can be found, for ex. you can't use mana pot while in combact... this way in pvm you'll have your summons there and you warmode off and drink
and in pvp you should have to run very far away and hide yourself but, well, if you can do that you can even escape from the duel or recall or whatever you do already..

i will correct my first post then, saying "eliminate mana pot in pvp" to see what other ppl think

things that could get the shard better - por corp wis - 04-05-2012

Hiraku Wrote:and the matter "if they have mana pot or not" is anti-skill actually, i mean you must prove your skill in pvping not show if you have a good memory and you remembered to take mana pot with you

i lol'ed.

things that could get the shard better - Ramza - 04-06-2012

PvP would be completely melee oriented if mana potions didnt exist.

things that could get the shard better - Azuru - 04-06-2012

Ramza Wrote:PvP would be completely melee oriented if mana potions didnt exist.

I think it would be too far fetched to say it would be completely melee oriented , but maybe there could be a balancing prob.
Best idea would be to actually test something like that before judging too fast.
Truth is some more melee orientation would be nice to create some diversety in pvp , and pvp is no fun if everyone does the same thing and plays the same style.

things that could get the shard better - sm0ke - 04-06-2012

Azuru Wrote:I think it would be too far fetched to say it would be completely melee oriented , but maybe there could be a balancing prob.
Best idea would be to actually test something like that before judging too fast.
Truth is some more melee orientation would be nice to create some diversety in pvp , and pvp is no fun if everyone does the same thing and plays the same style.

there is a lot of melee in this pvp, its about 60-40 melee to magery to be honest.