Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

**** Skill boosts for new and existing players! ****

I remember there was no anti macro gump before the sheep was nerfed because I had about 50 or more i think. Can a staff member check on that because i may be wrong. I had macros to shear sheep. Spinning wheels and looms. And made some gold off sheep shearing.

Yeah sorry, I forgot about the sheep. They have an anti-macro gump as well.

I totally agree with the skill boosts but, 90 mining, 95 tinkering, 90 fishing, 85 fletching, those skills are ridicolously HIGH! Ppl wont macro those skills, the stone has like 2 hours, and there are already ppl making new chars to put skills, this is ridicolous. Omg.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

90 magery seems low compared to some other skills but stop complaining if u think its TOO high. look what "TOO high" has done.. 10 ppl active who macros there skills.. wow. seriosly think about the population for once.. lol and other peoples background .. the majority just want to have fun

Kepi Wrote:I totally agree with the skill boosts but, 90 mining, 95 tinkering, 90 fishing, 85 fletching, those skills are ridicolously HIGH! Ppl wont macro those skills, the stone has like 2 hours, and there are already ppl making new chars to put skills, this is ridicolous. Omg.

The values are directly dependent upon the number of reps/difficulty of the skill. Tink for example only takes around 20k iron, so the value given is high. BS for example takes close to 300k iron, so its set at 65. Besides you're only allowed 3 of these skills so taking one of them takes away from say, tactics, magery, etc.

Though I still do think a PvPer package would be a good idea that gives you 5 skills, magery, swords, tactics, eval, healing. Obviously if you chose that you cannot chose any craft related skills. But people coming in for the pvp experience would enjoy it. Or they could take those craft skills and only select 3. Meh I dunno, maybe thats giving away too much, but I think as a temporary thing that option would be good to get a bunch of new people in and start building playerbase. Or maybe save that for when beta ends or something, I dunno.

I definitely dont understand your OMG posting about the stone though, relax, the world hasnt just ended. Just goes to show the staff here cant even give something away that the majority of players have asked for without someone complaining :/

90 MINING?? WTF that ridiculous. At last remove the R/R pickaxe from gming it.
Same for Bowcraft.

I dont think someone deserve a r/r bow or pickaxe by a skill you can start with 90 ¬¬ .

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Ryuuku Wrote:90 MINING?? WTF that ridiculous. At last remove the R/R pickaxe from gming it.
Same for Bowcraft.

I dont think someone deserve a r/r bow or pickaxe by a skill you can start with 90 ¬¬ .

Mining is easy to do smelting ore 10x10. Bowcraft is 85 on stone not 90. You can also get magery at 90, which gives an r/r. I really dont see what the big deal is, say someone picks mining, bowcraft, and lumber, its just a jumpstart for them to get good ores and make good bows faster. Yeah they'll get a r/r faster but all the r/r's are is deco items for your char with some minimal functionality. Its not like you kill miners for their pick anyway, so having a newbied colored pick is irrelevant. Besides in order to pick those they have to sacrifice getting other skills which may be more immediately useful to them. Crafting isnt a lot of peoples preferred playstyle so they will go for hunting/pvp skills.

A lot of people may go for skills like tailor on their alts for tubs and whatnot, or mining to get a few more r/r's like Rabbi did with his color changing pick. But maybe thats the staff way of saying thank you for sticking around with so low playerbase? I mean the staff obviously put a lot of thought into how to impliment the skillpack, and I highly doubt they overlooked the fact people would do that. So consider it a gift maybe?

edit: Besides sam your just pissed cuz you only had like 3 skills you could pick from on the stone, you shoulda waited to do bowcraft and carp hehe Big Grin

Jiraiya Wrote:Mining is easy to do smelting ore 10x10.

Are you gm mining??? no.... so dont talk about things you dont know. Mining took me two weeks 10/12 hours per day to gm by smelting 7 by 7. Harder than alot others craft skills that is related to pvp.

Also bowcraft is already ****ing easy 20k logs 20k feathers from 40.
So why all that boost, 70 is good enough. From 85 to 100 you dont gonna use more than 7k log and 7k feather.

About magery I dont care cause it isnt a craft skill.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!

Totally agree with Ryuuku, GMing mining is a pain in the ass.!!
Its difficult to get it to 90!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Jiraiya Wrote:edit: Besides sam your just pissed cuz you only had like 3 skills you could pick from on the stone, you shoulda waited to do bowcraft and carp hehe Big Grin

I chose stealing LOL.

Ryuuku Wrote:Are you gm mining??? no.... so dont talk about things you dont know. Mining took me two weeks 10/12 hours per day to gm by smelting 7 by 7.

Also bowcraft is already ficking easy 20k logs 20k feathers from 40.
So why all that boost, 70 is good enough. From 85 to 100 you dont gonna use more than 7k log and 7k feather.

lol I'm not gm mining because I refuse to mine. Its an aspect of uo i dont like to do. I did however test out the gain rates on it. So I do know. If it took you two weeks of that many hours a day I think your macro might not be so great :/

If the skill is already that easy whats the problem? I was gunna do bowcraft at some point for the bow, from 40 thats 20k logs and feathers. Well since I took it as one of my options its saved me 130k and some hours of macro, big deal.

Jiraiya Wrote:lol I'm not gm mining because I refuse to mine. Its an aspect of uo i dont like to do. I did however test out the gain rates on it. So I do know. If it took you two weeks of that many hours a day I think your macro might not be so great :/

First you gm. After you come here and say if my macro is good or not. you cant compare the gains till 70 to after 70. Its COMPLETLY diferent. I could gain 10% in a day of macro till 70, after it drops to 5, and 3 and so on.

Jiraiya Wrote:If the skill is already that easy whats the problem? I was gunna do bowcraft at some point for the bow, from 40 thats 20k logs and feathers. Well since I took it as one of my options its saved me 130k and some hours of macro, big deal.

If the skill is already so easy why make it easier ¬¬ . 70 is fine to boost.
No one goona choce that skill to his main char, but for the second so finish gm and pass the bow to the other one. I think all rewards itens had to be usable just by the char who gmed the skill.