Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Enable Mana Vamp for PVM

I thought this thread was about mana vamp? Though I must admit, it seems to me from reading old pvp related threads that all the complaints about the system were very similar. What I find funny is hate himself has said he views xuo pvp as the perfect system. How can you ever expect to improve on something you already believe is perfect? Its easy to come up with a hundred reasons why something cant be done, but if there is the will to improve something, a way will always be found. I could give you a thousand reasons why putting a tunnel under the ocean that connects britain to europe would be a bad idea, or shouldnt be done, but yet, there was the will, and engineers found a way.

There is NO SUCH THING as a perfect system.

XUO's pvp is great for balance, but many facets of gameplay were sacrificed to get it there, hence the serious lack of variety and overcomplexity of macro setups. To improve it further all that has to be done is look over all the complaints about the pvp, and attempt to solve those issues in more creative ways without messing up the balance too much. If your willing to sacrifice nothing, you probably wont gain anything when it comes to something like this though.

Theres my 2 cents on it, for whatever its worth. Its Maka's pvp system though, and if it wasnt for that fact, I wouldn't have even played INX. But if he wants to try and improve it by adding more variety and complexity I certainly would like to try it out.

Ok, I totally ****ing forget to mention that I wanted not JUST to add it, but JUST to add it for PVM. Sorry for the ensuing **** fight Wink. So, correction sir. The next exercise will be, "Can we please have mana vampire enabled for ONLY PVM (so vs NPCs) and not mana vamp for player vs player." Tankee ;D

No more drunken posts in suggestions for me Big Grin. But perhaps I forgot to mention that I thought it should only be enabled for PVM...

It's already enabled but I think the problem is that the monsters resist the spell.
We have to be careful if we "fix" this though so magical monsters won't be too easy to kill if you can just drain their mana.