Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Split from jailtimes

There is no corruption and favoritism, if I get a complaint I check the logs and speak to the staff member that has been accused. At no time has there been any corruption or favoritism, but instead the staff member has made a correct call.
I don't know why you think some staff members would be corrupt, I think you are just so convinced that's the case so you see it even if it isn't true.

But:
If there are 2 pages in queue, 1 is from a nice player who hasn't caused trouble and 1 is from a player that swears, harasses other people, has been in jail several times, then you can bet the nice player gets his or her page answered first.
I wouldn't call that favoritism though and especially not corruption.

I remember Dev. Vergo. Why?
There are a thousand different ways to cheat without anyone can check it using the logs, and there are a thousand ways to encourage certain people without the Admin can check it. If the river sounds, water bears...

Could you please tell me those thousands ways?

Actually no, there isn't. Almost everything gets logged, so there is really no way for a person to get away with it.

We can see if someone is following you, creating items, treating you unfairly (speech logs), looting/killing monsters and much much more. I can't think of any thing off hand that can't be deducted through the logs.

But anyways, it's not really a discussion about this.

If you hear the river, check your sink.

I agree with Maka on this 100%.
I don't know how many different threads I have seen the same things over and over that Beret is stating. All of it is false and your in your own world my friend.
Can't you just be happy? Smile

You must know that every situation is different. Usually the staffmember knows all details about a situation where you do not.

People who have been jailed or whatever can scream in the world that the staff is corrupt and there will always be some people who want to believe that and spread the same rumor and sometimes even making it worse.

On the other side, a staffmember might not have seen everything that happened. Everyone knows that alot happens, you cannot see everything. This could indeed cause that someone is treated in the wrong way. We are all human.

Behind the scenes, much more is going on than you think. gamemasters get checked as well. in the logs, and seers and higher can see them while they cant see the seers. besides that, lots of stuff is beeing discussed by all staffmembers.

As final, the staffteam is there for a very long time now. If someone is really cheating or whatever, taran would have noticed it by now. Everyone will get caught someday.

The whole Staff is human and naturally as human we can estimate more a few persons than to others. And inside the legality every Staff can help whom they want .But the rules must be for all the same ones and im very sure that its not like that.
And naturally i sent page, Taran, but without response though i dont wait for an answer either..
mmm Sorry for my english... I know that is the wrong...for my its very difficult to explain in english everything
Regards!

Sorry, I forgot about your e-mail Solbia.
I replied now.

cmon its not about corruption there is no corruption at least not anything worth whining about, its about not bieng able to play the game without bieng hassled cause i dont wanna rp or cause i swear (again ill point out if you dont wanna see me swear then turn on obcenity filter, im pretty sure the default setting has it on)

jimmy Wrote:cmon its not about corruption there is no corruption at least not anything worth whining about, its about not bieng able to play the game without bieng hassled cause i dont wanna rp or cause i swear (again ill point out if you dont wanna see me swear then turn on obcenity filter, im pretty sure the default setting has it on)

The idea isn't to hassle you cause you do not want to RP, idea is to hassle you if you are intentionally trying to ruin the game for the people that do.

Now, I understand that swearing might have nothing to do with you actually wanting to ruin it for the RPers and other people that don't appreciate it, but fact is that it very often is use for that exact reason.

I also understand that it can be a hell not being able to say what you want. Not being able to express your feelings they way you want it is frustrating, and if we could allow "innocent", venting swearing, chances are we would. Since we can't make a separation between those two, we chose to do it the best way we see possible.

-The favoritism of some players over others, is cheating.
-I had an r / r WEAP in Xuo 2 (color: red xtreme / name: kneel before me) and GM Muto to import my WEAP here when he was my friend, but our friendship was broken and my r / r WEAP disappeared, Why?.
- Why the guild: ministry always get to spawn every 5 minutes to be placed? We do not say me that they are looking for please, I do not like to take me for an idiot ...
-I entered a history largisima rp on my player who spent the entire week 1 and 8 months ago delivered in English and Spanish and even not obtained any response: S, Why Aura deliver its history and in a week had its rp item?.
-If a GM looks at the loot of a monster is registered in the logs?.
-In the last tournament I was, GM Tiesto ask people who want event, and most replied: 1vs1 regular autosuplied, but Kiski and Delphi said: 1vs1 reg, Why does GM Tiesto 1vs1 regular, when most of the spersonas 1vs1 wanted regular autosuplied?. This is not favoritism?.
etc...
etc...
etc...
I dont remember more examples because i stop of play in in-x since 2 week, i am tried of this but ¡¡¡I LOVE THIS SHARD!!! but this server have some bad staffmembers! :S
Is my opinion... sorry :S...

That you help polite and helpful players more isn't cheating, it's common sense. If you behave better you'll get treated better. If you were treated explicitly wrong though, which I strongly doubt, then that would be cheating. We all do this for free, so if we do not want to be called names, be lied to, or if we rather help a person that helps other people, then how can you possibly call that favoritism.

"-I had an r / r WEAP in Xuo 2..."
I am under the understanding that when the checks for the R/R weaps were made, a different person were in the possession of this/your weapon. I think Odium made the check, so I'm sure he can answer your question (and I'm sure he has) a lot better. If Odium says that someone else had it, then I recommend you stop bringing this issue up.

"-I entered a history..."
I have trouble understanding your sentence, I'd swimming with sharks if I had to understand your full story. This is not saying anything about the quality of your story, just saying that it is quite hard to understand what you are saying. Now, on the other and more serious hand, you really do not strike me as an RPer and I therefore do not think you should get RP items (if what I'm saying is true obviously). Shade is the only one that can answer precisely why you didn't get any items.

"-If a GM looks..."
I can't remember if I added this functionality, but I specifically picked the word deduced (figure out). The reason to why I did it is cause EVERYTHING isn't in the logs, but there's enough information to get you busted. For example that you are next to the monsters for no reason.

"-In the last tournament I..."
I have no clue, ask him. There is about a million different reasons to why he would do this. Maybe he thought a 1v1 was more fun to watch. Maybe he had to go in between the rounds to check up on his baby sister. Maybe he was having a GF over and still wanted to host a tourney, but couldn't stick around with full attention span. This is where your paranoia gets in to play. If you don't know the answer, ask.

Really, stop messing around.