Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Something Becoming Ridiculous.

Kitiara Wrote:well if the gate is in vendors... u dont need to enter the shop to buy things lol

Haha ;p What he ment was .. a "none player owned house". You know like any of the houses in serpents hold, ocllo, etc etc, houses people use to get away from ganking by running out of sight. Well this time they have an gate just inside that houses door. Do you understand now? :] You enter when u "hunt" them while trying to gank them, not when u want to buy stuff ;p

Tiesto Wrote:I think that if we fix it so that a gump appears to you when you stand on the gate (red gate) like runxuo it will solve the problem. that way you will not enter the gate without pressing Okay on the gump

True, that's one easy fix to it! :]

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:The tactic is that people open up the gates in advance, just inside a house so that it can't be seen from the outside. Then they run into that house with a bunch of gankers behind them, so that all the gankers accidently enter the gate when they think they're just entering a house. After that it's pretty much a slight chance of u surviving if u manage to recall out before the guards hits you, but since these guards are a lil messed up and recalls after u that chance of surviving is .. gone ;p

Anyways, the tactic is pretty smart and a good way for newbies to kill gankers, but the guards are messed up and gives the gankers no chance to get away, so THAT will be fixed, but I doubt the gates-inside-houses will be.

Make a poll and see what people think Scarecrow.

Regards,
Hate

why not make vendors houses no attack zone that will solve the problem most people go there to buy shit and then u ganksters lol kill them
if not get ride of public houses and make a vendor lounge for all to come

Haha. I love this tactic. Half the time I run in, but I give them props for tricking me. Some of these kids don't have the skill yet, or the numbers to compete, so let them have the few things they do.

Making something like this illegal will leave open the door to making shit like res killing illegal. It's just a fun tactic that will fade because I'm sure now none of us will run after them through a door. Tongue It's not worth it anyway.

Pelletier (whipperwirll) Wrote:why not make vendors houses no attack zone that will solve the problem most people go there to buy shit and then u ganksters lol kill them
if not get ride of public houses and make a vendor lounge for all to come

Haha. You know what that would look like in an unguarded city?

*Blue player walks into ocllo for fun*

*Three red gankers see him and start to flamestrike*

*The blue guy runs into the mage shop and is safe in an invul zone*

You get the picture.. ;p

Regards,
Hate

I think most of the people doesn't understand this issue because is a little complicated to imagine it if you haven't seen it.
I think this is only a very intelligent tactic and gates should NOT be tweaked. I agree guards are too messed up. Fix that, but I think the gate-infrontof-doors tactic is nice and legal.
About making the gates like RunUO... This sucks. I love Sphere gates. They are much more funny and you can use many tactics with them. For example, you can make untamed animals to pass through the gate.
In conclusion, I think that fixing the guards is a very important thing and will solve this issue too Wink

Love Wrote:I think most of the people doesn't understand this issue because is a little complicated to imagine it if you haven't seen it.
I think this is only a very intelligent tactic and gates should NOT be tweaked. I agree guards are too messed up. Fix that, but I think the gate-infrontof-doors tactic is nice and legal.
About making the gates like RunUO... This sucks. I love Sphere gates. They are much more funny and you can use many tactics with them. For example, you can make untamed animals to pass through the gate.
In conclusion, I think that fixing the guards is a very important thing and will solve this issue too Wink

I want to keep it as sphere-ish as possible too. However I also want the players to be happy at the shard, and I don't want ganking to be "ruined". I doubt this will ruin ganking but I figured it would be good if u guys make a poll about it, and we see how many ppl that wants it this way, and how many people that wants it to change.

Anyways, I like that gate-tactic too, its pretty "smart" and "legal" as far as I am concearned, even tho it can be a bit annoying to die that way if you use a good gear, but yeah, the main thing to tweak is the guards.

Regards,
Hate

Circle of transparency. The end.
Just be careful ;/

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Hate Wrote:Haha ;p What he ment was .. a "none player owned house". You know like any of the houses in serpents hold, ocllo, etc etc, houses people use to get away from ganking by running out of sight. Well this time they have an gate just inside that houses door. Do you understand now? :] You enter when u "hunt" them while trying to gank them, not when u want to buy stuff ;p

True, that's one easy fix to it! :]

Regards,
Hate

i know Hahhaa! Big Grin well in my opinion as i said i dont mind, but if i have to remember these "smart" tactics has been always used by pks to kill more people, so i dont see the bad point at this. you have to be more carefull just only that. of course i think that probably is a piss off for some pks, but also is a piss of for blue newbs when they enter in a red/blue gate with 3-4 pks waiting for him.

Probably the guards could be changed, so it will be funnier, instead of insta kill.

In my opinion there is a most important thing to do Wink, i have played in other sphere server, long time ago, that if u are in a war between two guilds, blue people cant heal these guys so you wont see one hundred healers in brit with a guy (order as example) vs 2 guys(chaos).

So there are more chances to pvp in cities, i've been a healer this time in brit with my friends, and i know is a piss off when people try to kill someone and there is people healing them. hehe Wink

see u around and take care with Gates.

SPHERE GATES PoWaH!!! hahaha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
see u around.

im the first to step up whe Tiesto **** up (and its lots of times :E), but his idea its just great a gump with the okay thing and all that will fix all that crap and put to an end all this lame actions. Its ok its a smart tactic for guys who dont know to pvp well and blablabla but if we allow this why they will ever learn to gank if they can get stuff that way ? We all were noobs someday (some of us still are) and died tons of times in pk towns lost tows of stuff but hey thats how the game works to learn to kill u have to die before :E

I agree with chao.
And about red gates omfg - PK's had to kill u if u step gate, not just ****in write "guards" or even just be auto guarded. I think guards must be fixed cos there no chance to stay alive for murderer if he will run in gate , those blue noobs dont even ****in need to do something, to spends regs or scrolls. Smart tactic? I would say "Bug users" ^^ And till guards doesnt fixed that will be bug...

hahahhahahha, it's very funny to see all these PKs crying about this XDDD
Tongue Don't hate me, guys :icon_twisted:

Gang bang, u kill newbies true fast so more or less is the same as guards...

2º i remember as i said at the yew farm people gating and blocking people so they couldnt move.

so its not so hard to kill them when they cant move...

Wink

i dont like gumps for the gates, but if the pks will stop complaining then dont mind.

see u around