Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Something Becoming Ridiculous.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Latly, there have been alot of deaths in PVP Ganking. Not by gank but by cheap idiotic attemps by blue players. They set portal on the door of houses in Occlo then when you go to gank them, you end up running into a blue town and getting guard wacked. I'm actually starting to not want to gank anymore, and that's something i'd never say. This kills the point in "Ganking." Portals should not be allowed to be casted in vendor houses! Anyways wtvs, Up to you to change it, but i think it's a ridiculous way of killing people when they're in the middle of a gank.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
Sounds to me that blue players/crafters etc are revolting against the way of the ganker/lamer...
Lady Minax Wrote:Sounds to me that blue players/crafters etc are revolting against the way of the ganker/lamer...

werd.
This lame tactic has been in use for a while I've seen it on a lot of shards I have played :[
I think that it would be hard to "forbid" people from casting gates inside vendor houses, unless we somehow script so they can't do it, but I dunno if most people would want that, I think some people find this to be one of the few ways to have a chance against "many gankers" when they're alone, so I think they may want to keep it.

What I do NOT like is how the guards is at this point, and that is on the bug tracker, and should be fixed shortly.

At this point they recall after you if you recall away (and kills you in the red town you recalled to), or follow you through the gate and kills you.

THAT is in my opinion a huge reason to why these gates are so "powerful" at this point. Usually at sphere all you had to do was hit recall reaaaal fast if u entered one of those gates, OR run back inside it real fast, and u had a chance of surviving. Nowadays on the other hand the guards will recall after u and slay u if u recall, or run after u through the gate if u run away, and kill you, so now it's pointless to even try to get away if you enter that gate. The guards are suppose to protect their city, not be "player killers" recalling after u just to get some blood ;p

So if we fix that issue we may fix what's causing u to want to quit ganking, because yes, people have been doing this for ages, it just hasn't been as powerful before.

If not then we'll continue discussing it as long as most people want a change, I'd suggest u make a poll to find out.

Regards,
Hate
sounds like a good tactic to me, the beauty of pvp is that new tactics are developed and in turn counter tactics, ever consider using dispel field on gates or teleporting past? or maybe running round if its possible.
Lerri Wrote:sounds like a good tactic to me, the beauty of pvp is that new tactics are developed and in turn counter tactics, ever consider using dispel field on gates or teleporting past? or maybe running round if its possible.

The tactic is that people open up the gates in advance, just inside a house so that it can't be seen from the outside. Then they run into that house with a bunch of gankers behind them, so that all the gankers accidently enter the gate when they think they're just entering a house. After that it's pretty much a slight chance of u surviving if u manage to recall out before the guards hits you, but since these guards are a lil messed up and recalls after u that chance of surviving is .. gone ;p

Anyways, the tactic is pretty smart and a good way for newbies to kill gankers, but the guards are messed up and gives the gankers no chance to get away, so THAT will be fixed, but I doubt the gates-inside-houses will be.

Make a poll and see what people think Scarecrow.

Regards,
Hate
ye, the tactics smart on their part, it's the whole, getting away and then the guard ends up killing you in occlo lol. That gets me annoyed. I think the guasrds need some fixing.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
well i remember some pks use Yew farms as spot to Gate, this gates were blue but the pks killed you from a non guard spot, so its the same.

well if the gate is in vendors... u dont need to enter the shop to buy things lol Big Grin

but i see that is reasonable that some pks are angry :S hehe

well the staff will think about it Wink

in my opinion i dont mind if they take out the gates or not...

see u around
I think that if we fix it so that a gump appears to you when you stand on the gate (red gate) like runxuo it will solve the problem. that way you will not enter the gate without pressing Okay on the gump
Tiesto Wrote:I think that if we fix it so that a gump appears to you when you stand on the gate (red gate) like runxuo it will solve the problem. that way you will not enter the gate without pressing Okay on the gump

thats what i was going to suggest, you dont need to stop portals inside houses and create a complicated script. Just create a script that once you run over any portal u gotta push "ok" to the verifying sign.
werd.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5