Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Leave The PvP How it IS!

naya Wrote:man i dont want dis to b a flame post of w/e but fuk , why should we change the fukin pvp thats all xuo has , most of the shard is based on in , the only thing we have in pvp and u guys want to change it , dats fukin stupid leave the pvp how it is

if anything is changed from pvp all xuo ppl will most licky b pissed and there was no point in mergin the shard , all ppl from xuo shuda of just played in then cuz if u change the pvp thats wut we wud b playin

thats just not fair to change the only ltl thing we have

You don't want this to be a flame war and yet, the f-word comes into use in your very first sentence. That's a very nice way to start a mature, intelligent discussion. Most of the "Imagine Nation stuff", which you talk about actually means we use the INR worldfile. And the armors, of which you usually use none so it shouldn't be so difficult to tolerate

If there are other things that might (and hopefully will) come from the merge's IN side, are player-built towns, places to gather and socialize, nice quests that require more than smashing the person next to you with a bardiche. Yes, there is a lot more to do in UO than running around naked spamming spells, and then actually casting an odd one.

P.S.: I really don't want to generalize you guys, but it is the truth most of the swearing posts lacking grammar come from ex-XUO folks. I know many of you out there who differ, but this - i hope - small minority with an itch to post tries to make a bad name for all of you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"He's fire and ice and rage
He's like the night, and a storm in the heart of the Sun
He's ancient and forever
Burning in the center of time
He can see the turn of the Universe"

I can't really see a downside to the EB thing but it would be good to hear why you think it would suck.

There is absolutely 0 downside to it. That's why nobody has stated a reason not to implement it. All it does is boost the economy by circulating armor.

[Image: mariozl3.png]

naya Wrote:man i dont want dis to b a flame post of w/e but fuk , why should we change the fukin pvp thats all xuo has , most of the shard is based on in , the only thing we have in pvp and u guys want to change it , dats fukin stupid leave the pvp how it is

if anything is changed from pvp all xuo ppl will most licky b pissed and there was no point in mergin the shard , all ppl from xuo shuda of just played in then cuz if u change the pvp thats wut we wud b playin

thats just not fair to change the only ltl thing we have

How does this change xuo pvp. If you can tell me any different, XUO pvp is known for the skill whether it be the tricks you use or your ability to read your opponent. It is NOT known for its naked ganking.

Kokane Wrote:I say do it make EB or what ever, make armor play a role... I remeber on XUO you didnt really need to wear armor just run in a red CIty and kill people all you would loose is regs & scroll witch was all you need to pvp but put armor involvle and its more of a challange to keep that armor. I'm all for it

The suggestion has NO effect on your style of pvp, unless your saying its ruining it by making you wear armour. Wear armour and no one will use EB. Ganking will be exactly the same fs, reflect but now when people die they have armour on them.

It's simple, that would suck because that would be substracting skill from pvp and adding hours of gameplay, let's see, on the one hand we've got a man who plays 24/7 and has tones of shadow armors, on the other hand we've got a casual player which cannot afford anything but scrolls.
They encounter and fight untill the casual player dies, why? because the 24/7 player has got EB that hurt just like a flamestrike does. Sucky in my opinion, do not add more features to the pvp which involve hours of play, it is supposed to be based on skill not on money.

SombraX Wrote:It's simple, that would suck because that would be substracting skill from pvp and adding hours of gameplay, let's see, on the one hand we've got a man who plays 24/7 and has tones of shadow armors, on the other hand we've got a casual player which cannot afford anything but scrolls.
They encounter and fight untill the casual player dies, why? because the 24/7 player has got EB that hurt just like a flamestrike does. Sucky in my opinion, do not add more features to the pvp which involve hours of play, it is supposed to be based on skill not on money.
And how exactly is running around naked with FS-scrolls anything remotely similar to skill?

[Image: nobark2copyxp8.jpg]

And how is a "causal" player, abel to stock up on FS scrolls but not some cheap armor ?

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

SombraX Wrote:It's simple, that would suck because that would be substracting skill from pvp and adding hours of gameplay, let's see, on the one hand we've got a man who plays 24/7 and has tones of shadow armors, on the other hand we've got a casual player which cannot afford anything but scrolls.

Then whats the point of uo? You know it is a mmorpg, means it takes time. If you want a fast pace game go play a fps....( first person shooter )

Shadok Wrote:And how is a "causal" player, abel to stock up on FS scrolls but not some cheap armor ?

+1000!!!

I keep hearing that people are broke, so they are going to fight naked, etc etc.

1) You could mine for less than 10 minutes and get enough to make a full iron suit. I dont know the skill requirement to make iron plate, but if nothing else you could buy your skill to 30 and make whatever you can out of plate, and do the rest in chainmail. With a decent (Kite, Metal, Bronze) shield, that should give you a good 30 AR or so.

2) You could hunt for 15 minutes and get plenty of money for a suit of iron, a shield, and a decent weapon.

Lastly, we have people complaining about how useless shadow and old copper ores are. I mined my way up from 30 to 46.8 mining in a little over 3 hours and got 3300 iron and 300 old copper. I could have had 3 suits of armor made from that old copper, and either bought more armor with the money made from the ingots, or make / have made iron armor out of it.

Ive noticed that most IN players just want everything to have meaning. They want dying to have meaning. We want killing to have meaning (other than saying "Jajaja I pwt joo!"). We want gaining skill to have meaning. Etc etc. This is why we want to make different aspects of PvP required, and make it actually worth it to take a bigger risk with nicer equipment.

I see it as a great way to stimulate the economy, money trading hands is good. I don't see any way that it would ruin the XUO PvP, and I'm sure you would still be able to gank naked most of the time. At the end of the day, the guy casting the ebolt will still die from 2fs and a light.

And heal, I like to loot:p Only thing that I see as a negative side effect (though some might consider it positive), is that it will take longer to resuit. I hate resuiting:/

Razor have some very nice restocking and arm/dress options that can be turned to select by type and not just a specifik item. That way a well stocked and organised person can reequip in around 10 sec's.
No excuse there Wink

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

Shadok Wrote:Razor have some very nice restocking and arm/dress options that can be turned to select by type and not just a specifik item. That way a well stocked and organised person can reequip in around 10 sec's.
No excuse there Wink
I have no problems restocking when I'm organized, but I kill a lot of people:/ I normally make macro that first puts everything (reagents, scrolls etc) into one bag, then makes resource bags.

But that is, WHEN I get to itSmile

Personally I think that a similar system is a great idea, not sure I agree with everyones damage suggestions, but I like the concept.