Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maybe stop locking threads?

the problem is that threads where we are giving important information for you guys easily go off topic or a flamewar starts. if we always move threads that become flame wars and nobody reads the flamewar thread then nobody will be informed of updates...

like maka/taran said, you guys don't see the nonsense posts that are deleted so what actually happens is twice what you may see

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks guys, i see your points.

I never really paid much attention to the differences on In1 forum community and this one, but your pretty much right. In1 people could take a joke, and usually insults were a lot more funny then terribly offensive. If you guys could get Ean Highmore to play here, you'd see some flaming lol.

Yeah but at the same time Ratchet, there was a much more mature audience about 5 or 6 years ago. One reason why I stopped playing UO is because all the shards became overwhelmed with 733+ players. Nobody even spoke normal, had no sympathy...nothing. Yeah I was Chaos, I PK'd people, but not the way the new era of players do. They come in kill you then res kill the shit out of you...then do it again while ranting you with 733+ bs. Times changed. UO isnt the world it once was. I have high hopes of IN-X...lets hope it doesnt let me, and all of us old schoolers down (the player base, not the shard itself devsWink )

I like the Flame Wars idea, but was it completely free? I mean were racial and religious discrimination (and so on) allowed?

maka Wrote:I like the Flame Wars idea, but was it completely free? I mean were racial and religious discrimination (and so on) allowed?

I don't know how it was, but that should not be allowed.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Lederoil Wrote:I don't know how it was, but that should not be allowed.

Yeah, I def agree that it is way out of line, just want to get an idea of how "free" it was.

it cost .99$ a post, or 1.99$ a post if you wanted to be racial or sexist :icon_twisted:

seriously though, racism and stuff like that should not be allowed

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The thing is right now I dont really know what to say. The flames back on IN used to be more in-game player directed, not personal. Like tellin someone theyre shit at PvP or they whine too much stfu.

Some people like to be aggressive with one another. Its hard to channel that aggression towards UO when the server isnt even open yet. Im sure things will be fine once the shard opens. I think we should encourage flames, but at the same time there do need to be limits. I agree racism and sexism shouldnt be tolerated (well...maybe in-game racism....****in humans).
Actually now that I think about it, I dont think sexism would be a real problem either...considering this place is a friggin sausage factory.

Horacio Wrote:(well...maybe in-game racism....****in humans).
lol
Horacio Wrote:considering this place is a friggin sausage factory.
and lolBig Grin

maka Wrote:
Horacio Wrote:(well...maybe in-game racism....****in humans).

lol

Horacio Wrote:considering this place is a friggin sausage factory.

and lolBig Grin

ditto Big Grin that must be an INX record, two jokes in 1 post Big Grin

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pande Wrote:ditto Big Grin that must be an INX record, two jokes in 1 post Big Grin

Two "good" jokes in a row ;p I've seen people making plenty of jokes in one post, they just weren't that good, so he/she made up for the bad humor with plenty of jokes in the same post instead - and hey - maybe one of them was an success! ;p

Horacio Wrote:The thing is right now I dont really know what to say. The flames back on IN used to be more in-game player directed, not personal. Like tellin someone theyre shit at PvP or they whine too much stfu.

Some people like to be aggressive with one another. Its hard to channel that aggression towards UO when the server isnt even open yet. Im sure things will be fine once the shard opens.

I agree. The flaming right now is directed towards real life because the shard is not open yet so people can't reflect upon that.

I also agree on having an "trash can" or "flaming part" of the forum, where people can flame each other a lil more, but still stick to most of the rules regarding racism and sexism.

I also agree on what the admins/developers/gms said about that we need to keep the forum at an mature level if we want to attract mature players. If it looks like a kindengarden then we will of course attract kids, not mature people, that makes sense ;p

Flaming in an mature in-game way can however attract mature players as well, flaming in-game is fun, I like that, lets keep that - but in an seperate part of the forum.

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:I also agree on what the admins/developers/gms said about that we need to keep the forum at an mature level if we want to attract mature players. If it looks like a kindengarden then we will of course attract kids, not mature people, that makes sense ;p

if it were like a kindergarden classit would be more along the lines of this:

you're stupid!

no you are!

no im not!

yes you are!

*someone runs to teacher crying and the two kids get a time out*

Big Grin hmmm ive seen some of that actually... ok maybe hate has a point Big Grin

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]