Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make colored dye tubs rarer

Ok well, please suggest a change that you would like to see... Bensa, making a monster with 1% chance to drop random dye and taking them off the nickel/gold stone is unfair. Do you realize that right now there are guilds with hundreds of tubs?

Also, a lot of people have GM'd tailoring and chosen a rare color of their choice, I plan on doing the same. I think I speak for a lot of people who are looking forward to this: I will be pissed if this changes. Chances are if a player has a problem with this it's because they know for a fact that they are never going to GM tailoring, and therefore it doesn't favor them.

Habibi Jones Wrote:Ok well, please suggest a change that you would like to see... Bensa, making a monster with 1% chance to drop random dye and taking them off the nickel/gold stone is unfair. Do you realize that right now there are guilds with hundreds of tubs?

Also, a lot of people have GM'd tailoring and chosen a rare color of their choice, I plan on doing the same. I think I speak for a lot of people who are looking forward to this: I will be pissed if this changes. Chances are if a player has a problem with this it's because they know for a fact that they are never going to GM tailoring, and therefore it doesn't favor them.

well said!

Habibi Jones Wrote:Ok well, please suggest a change that you would like to see... Bensa, making a monster with 1% chance to drop random dye and taking them off the nickel/gold stone is unfair. Do you realize that right now there are guilds with hundreds of tubs?

Dont want them away from nickels stone, cos u donate to the shard then u should be able to get something for it. I got 8 dye tubs from the nickel stone , But i did Donate to the shard so it can still be alive and make it better for us.
Thats why i sayd about the monster with drop 1% chans.
But we shoudlnt be able to buy a dye tube from a stone with gold!
The change can come, it is not to late. We are 180+ players and still growing.

BenSa Wrote:Dont want them away from nickels stone, cos u donate to the shard then u should be able to get something for it. I got 8 dye tubs from the nickel stone , But i did Donate to the shard so it can still be alive and make it better for us.
Thats why i sayd about the monster with drop 1% chans.
But we shoudlnt be able to buy a dye tube from a stone with gold!
The change can come, it is not to late. We are 180+ players and still growing.

And what would we do to sink gold? i cant think of a way to spend a lot of gold if not buying those tubs...
You have to keep in mind that gold sinking is important for economy as well!!

Raziel_ Wrote:And what would we do to sink gold? i cant think of a way to spend a lot of gold if not buying those tubs...
You have to keep in mind that gold sinking is important for economy as well!!

well Raise the prize on the dye tub then to 500k each.
Right now is it to low.

250 k is nothing.

250k is a LOT for a CHANCE to get a good color... I've spent the 250k and gotten some real garbage... It's a gamble, that's the whole point Tongue You can get a high seller, or a tub which will sell for 50k.

Habibi Jones Wrote:250k is a LOT for a CHANCE to get a good color... I've spent the 250k and gotten some real garbage... It's a gamble, that's the whole point Tongue You can get a high seller, or a tub which will sell for 50k.

250 k is pee in the sea xD Make the prize higher in game on the stone ther u can buy it for gold, make it 500k atleast.

Habibi Jones Wrote:It's way too late to do anything about this.

I think the way to do something about it is to introduce new hues that use a new system (be it charges, not on stones, only skill rewards or w/e is decided) and leave the current system with the current hues as is.

sm0ke Wrote:why would you add charges to tubs, makes no sense the problem is having rare dye tubs you can actually choose from rewards not from getting it rarely from clicking.

I disagree, the issue isn't the colours people are getting, more that people have access to so many.

With skill reward tubs, you only get to gm tailoring once, maybe some really dedicated people will do it twice, and you may have one or two people do it 3 times but each person really only gets a single colour. The benefit of this is it encourages people trading cloth, clothes and other dyeables of the colour they own.

With rare tubs purchasable as they are now, while the colour is random they're accessible enough that people can have 20+ tubs, habibi is even claiming some guilds have 100+. No economy for colored cloth etc. at that point.

Back to the topic at hand though, instead of making the tubs rarer, or disposable with a limited number of charges, maybe make it so they can only be used once (or some small number) a day.

Azzo Wrote:I disagree, the issue isn't the colours people are getting, more that people have access to so many.

With skill reward tubs, you only get to gm tailoring once, maybe some really dedicated people will do it twice, and you may have one or two people do it 3 times but each person really only gets a single colour. The benefit of this is it encourages people trading cloth, clothes and other dyeables of the colour they own.

With rare tubs purchasable as they are now, while the colour is random they're accessible enough that people can have 20+ tubs, habibi is even claiming some guilds have 100+. No economy for colored cloth etc. at that point.

Back to the topic at hand though, instead of making the tubs rarer, or disposable with a limited number of charges, maybe make it so they can only be used once (or some small number) a day.

There's no reason to add x amount of charges to colored tubs, Tailoring isn't really considered a crafting skill in my book and it never has been one of the skills to rack in tons of cash.

On IN-X there was a restart that gave everyone a gump to re-choose a reward because there was no renamed/colored instrument for provocation. They can just do the same for tailoring wipe the chosen colors and you can be given a random rare dye tub as a reward to GMing tailoring, that would fix the problem with colors being more rare and having less tubs accessible.

sm0ke Wrote:There's no reason to add x amount of charges to colored tubs, Tailoring isn't really considered a crafting skill in my book and it never has been one of the skills to rack in tons of cash.

They could do so GM tailor can make magic cloth that give + in much things....

sm0ke Wrote:There's no reason to add x amount of charges to colored tubs, Tailoring isn't really considered a crafting skill in my book and it never has been one of the skills to rack in tons of cash.

The charges to tubs wasn't my point at all in that post, it was just one of the examples of changes people have suggested.

A couple of things with your second point:

1) I think you'll find many who disagree with you regarding tailorings suitability as a craft skill. On IN1 it definitely was a legitimate skill. As the only source of custom dye tubs I know players who made decent income from it.

2) You don't personally see it as one as it stands and in the past. Fine. Why not do something to encourage it to become one? Is there something wrong with that? (Serious question)

sm0ke Wrote:On IN-X there was a restart that gave everyone a gump to re-choose a reward because there was no renamed/colored instrument for provocation. They can just do the same for tailoring wipe the chosen colors and you can be given a random rare dye tub as a reward to GMing tailoring, that would fix the problem with colors being more rare and having less tubs accessible.

Again, I would say you have the source of the rarity issue wrong. The source of the rarity issue isn't that people can choose a single colour with their GM skill reward, it's that you can buy a large number of tubs from the donation and gold stones. This saturates the market with tubs, removing rarity. One (maybe 2, rarely 3) tub(s) per player doesn't saturate, and solves rarity.

Obviously it's too late to change how they work at the moment, that's why I suggest new hues are created for any new system that is implemented.

EDIT: Grammar.