Imagine Nation Forums
Make colored dye tubs rarer - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Make colored dye tubs rarer (/showthread.php?tid=5050)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Hal - 03-06-2012

also I would get rid of the green static tub in Brit

Dye tubs should be rare.

Right now even day old newbs are in special colored clothing. Specially dyed clothing should show that a character has a bit of wealth. Right now its hard to tell the rich from the poor apart.

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Azzo - 03-06-2012

I kind of miss the days of IN1 where the only way to get a special coloured dye tub was to GM tailoring. GM Tailors (generally) had unique colours and there was a market for clothes of these colours, people could even just sell cloth pre-dyed.

I guess the only way to bring that back would be to wipe the non skill-reward tubs (for compensation of course)

Personally I don't care about being able to tell the rich from poor apart, to me it's a potential market that doesn't exist.

EDIT: I may be wrong about gming tailoring being the only way, regardless if there were other ways it wasn't like people had 5+ rare tubs each.

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Epic - 03-06-2012

i agree with this.

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Taran - 03-06-2012

I also think that special colors should be more rare. And I've thought of increasing the cost of the tubs. But it's a good way of getting donations since most people buy tubs for their nickels. And one tub = $7.50 so it's not exactly free. Plus, we can't wipe tubs at this point anyway.

I might however, remove the tub from the rares vendor. Meaning you can only buy them with nickels and not gold. But on the other hand it's a pretty good gold sink since they are 250k. So I'm not sure about that either.

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Azzo - 03-06-2012

Maybe you could limit the subset of tubs that are available from the stones. Then open up all the colours (minus staff) to the GM Tailor reward. Make sure the hues not covered by stones are high quality colours. You could maybe even tie that in with adding a whole bunch of hues. I'd be up for helping make new hues if making new hues is a problem, I spent many, many hours developing hues for a shard I was going to make way back when.

EDIT: Some grammar and a bit more stuff.

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Raziel_ - 03-06-2012

Taran Wrote:I also think that special colors should be more rare. And I've thought of increasing the cost of the tubs. But it's a good way of getting donations since most people buy tubs for their nickels. And one tub = $7.50 so it's not exactly free. Plus, we can't wipe tubs at this point anyway.

I might however, remove the tub from the rares vendor. Meaning you can only buy them with nickels and not gold. But on the other hand it's a pretty good gold sink since they are 250k. So I'm not sure about that either.

I agree with you, the only thing i buy from those vendors are the rare dyes!
If you take them out of the vendor then it would be necessary to have another way to sink gold...

And i see no reason to tell the rich from the poor... they are all players and as soon as they keep playing and helping improve the shard is ok to me =x

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Elia - 03-06-2012

Yeah!
And e.g. if only GM Tailor has Special Dye Tub and Rare Dyes, then he becomes the only source of rare coloured clothing in the world. Then the price for such clothing rises, and those who want to tell the rich from the poor will have an opportunity of doing this. [Damn social class division.]

Make colored dye tubs rarer - sm0ke - 03-07-2012

I just think that tailoring shouldn't give a tub at all, it defeats the purpose of random rare dye tubs. Choosing a color that you want when GMing the skill seems kinda silly, maybe remove the rare tub choice and replace it with renamed and colored scissors?

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Scare crow - 03-07-2012

sm0ke Wrote:I just think that tailoring shouldn't give a tub at all, it defeats the purpose of random rare dye tubs. Choosing a color that you want when GMing the skill seems kinda silly, maybe remove the rare tub choice and replace it with renamed and colored scissors?

I agree with this idea.
Also, Maybe add new rare dye tub colors that we haven't seen before (No Idea if this is possible) .. I think it would be pretty cool.

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Brandon - 03-07-2012

sm0ke Wrote:I just think that tailoring shouldn't give a tub at all, it defeats the purpose of random rare dye tubs. Choosing a color that you want when GMing the skill seems kinda silly, maybe remove the rare tub choice and replace it with renamed and colored scissors?

I think if you're going to eliminate the reward dye tubs then Imagine Nickels should be made harder to obtain.

What are the prizes for automated tournaments and such? Do you earn nickels for winning tournaments? If a person can continually participate in tournaments and receive nickels then the donation nickels lose value since the tubs cost the same on each stone. As I see it, the low tier donation reward isn't very enticing. Why would I want a mount that can potentially die? There's a good chance someone will attempt to grief simply to kill the mount. The death shrouds seem kind of lame now since a lot of people have them. Then again, some people feel the desire to donate regardless of the reward.

Make colored dye tubs rarer - sm0ke - 03-07-2012

Brandon Wrote:I think if you're going to eliminate the reward dye tubs then Imagine Nickels should be made harder to obtain.

What are the prizes for automated tournaments and such? Do you earn nickels for winning tournaments? If a person can continually participate in tournaments and receive nickels then the donation nickels lose value since the tubs cost the same on each stone. As I see it, the low tier donation reward isn't very enticing. Why would I want a mount that can potentially die? There's a good chance someone will attempt to grief simply to kill the mount. The death shrouds seem kind of lame now since a lot of people have them. Then again, some people feel the desire to donate regardless of the reward.

Nickels are quite hard to obtain through PvP events, normally me habibi or vys usually get the mand their not much even when you win.. Hunter slayer quests are what gives 60+ nickels daily so if something needs to be done it's in that direction

Make colored dye tubs rarer - Habibi Jones - 03-07-2012

I kind of agree that rare colors should be more rare, but it seems far too late to do anything about it :/

I'm used to rare dyes having a maximum of 10 charges...