Poll: Should Paralyze fizzle Recall? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
55.38%
55.38%
No
30.77%
30.77%
Leave it the same
13.85%
13.85%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paralize Fizzling Recall

Maximus Wrote:Smoke.. People wanted it.. They just didnt comment on the post.. look at how many people voted yes.. it was like nearly 20 yes's. They just didnt speak up. People are just saying tho, If your gonna make fizzling happen to one spell.. You gotta add it to all of them.. Like teachers say about chewing gum. If you dont have enough for the whole class.. Dont bring it in!.. BUT I dont understand why ganking is being promoted.. Ganking is the worst. There will always be ganking but why not some respected 1v1 duels? There are always lone wolves out there who need help with getting away, God forbid they drink a invis pot.. blow up and xplosion pot where u think they are! If u hit em with a fs right away and they drink a gheal, then they cant use a invis pot..I BOOO any idea on helping gankers.. Thats the lamest thing I have ever heard

There are some people who want it, and there are some people who wouldn't mind it. I just don't think a FULL pvp system rebirth is what the shard needs AT ALL. Explosion potions have a 3 second cast time not including travel time or if they move out of the way from it. If you think you can drop an explosion potion next to a person while there running trying to LoS you and cast fs before he recall scrolls (1 second cast) and pots before u can even get an fs off you're completely wrong. You're trying to give examples yet you haven't even tried this PvP yet. You're also calling people lame before you even have tested it out yourself. Considering you said you had tons of experience I will give you the benefit of the doubt this still doesn't change the fact you have no idea what you're talking about because you haven't even tried to PvP yet since you're still a young player.

Catalyst Wrote:Sounds more like you would rather not have invis pots. What are the chances I would actually survive a gank from 3 people only using LoS (i'm not a very good pvper) and what if I'm in the desert with barely any obstacles, LoS doesn't really have a factor there. If it was one person and I was suited up I would probably stay and fight, if you kill me so be it, congrats. But there's no way in hell I'm sticking around to fight off a gank, with probably a 5% survivability rate so if I have to use an invis pot and recall scroll before you can hit your Detect Hidden macro I think that sounds pretty fair because then it comes down to reaction time whether you can detect me and fizzle my recall before I go. And like you said all other spells fizzle recall so it shouldn't be too hard for 3 people to get the job done.

You're outnumbered plain and simple, you can't make the shard more carebabre just because you're out numbered. you're not suppose to be able to survive a 1v3. It isn't balance you want at this point it's pure in favor of you living and to continue in what you were doing without dying which isn't right at all.

por corp wis Wrote:i don't like the atmosphere here. Can people calm down?

I love you.

Most harmful spells already cause recall to fizzle as it is now though and it has been that way since the server started. It was also like this on IN1. Although I can't remember if paralyze caused recall to fizzle there, I think it did.

I don't think a change like this would make a very big impact which several people seem to think. I wouldn't want to make any drastic changes all of a sudden anyway. But feel free to keep discussing as long as you do it in a civilized way. I haven't made up my mind yet and I'm not going to rush things.

So you cant cast Magic Arrow on a xpot to make it insta explode?? Dmging yourself with others around you? I prolly have more experience in my pinky than you do in your whole body. No offense. If someone on here is 13 years old.. I have been pvping as long as they have been alive. I have made servers, I have made servers collapse, I have made servers Rise, I have staffed servers. I have done it all! I know a disaster when I see one so If you guys wanna destroy this server before it even gets going, Than so be it! But do it fast so me and my friends dont waste a ton of time here. And Taran.. You seem to be only aknowledging certain players.. whats up with that?...

Oh and btw.. Paralyze isnt technically a harmful spell.. It deals no dmg.

Maximus Wrote:And Taran.. You seem to be only aknowledging certain players.. whats up with that?

I can honestly say that I have no idea what you are talking about. I try to value everyone's opinion the same as best I can. And to be honest I usually dislike sm0ke's ideas but thought this one could have merit.
And yeah I guess you're right about paralyze not technically being a harmful spell.

Maximus Wrote:BUT I dont understand why ganking is being promoted.. Ganking is the worst. There will always be ganking but why not some respected 1v1 duels?
Are we talking about UO here? Since when UO moreover sphere wasn't about ganking? This is why everyone loves UO. And if people what to protect themself and don't want to take a risk to get ganked they should try OSI-style servers.

Taran Wrote:I can honestly say that I have no idea what you are talking about. I try to value everyone's opinion the same as best I can. And to be honest I usually dislike sm0ke's ideas but thought this one could have merit.
And yeah I guess you're right about paralyze not technically being a harmful spell.

Well, it kind of is you get crim for it and it prevents people from moving or doing anything but casting if you don't have your weapon equipped.

sm0ke Wrote:You're outnumbered plain and simple, you can't make the shard more carebabre just because you're out numbered. you're not suppose to be able to survive a 1v3. It isn't balance you want at this point it's pure in favor of you living and to continue in what you were doing without dying which isn't right at all.
You seem to be getting a little personal with this issue, I don't mean to offend anyone or disrespect anyone. And you don't know my UO history, so don't speak about things you know nothing of, assuming that I'm trying to change the shard into carebear central. All I'm saying is ganking is EASY enough as it is.. but it seems like all of the voices on the forum just want it to be easier to get the kill. Reds should have to work just as hard as blues, and since ganking is the norm it doesn't seem like they have to work very hard at all. Obviously if I see 3 reds come onto my screen while I'm hunting.. and I'm already at 70% health.. I know I'm probably not making it out alive. But that's ok, make it easier to gank.. I know death and losing items are a huge part of this game and ultimately it's up to Taran, and I'm sure whatever he decides to do will be good enough for all of us.

So is this server no longer going to strive to emulate IN1...?

Are we going to be tweaking things here and there till eventually we have IN:X again?

Maximus Wrote:So you cant cast Magic Arrow on a xpot to make it insta explode?? Dmging yourself with others around you? I prolly have more experience in my pinky than you do in your whole body. No offense. If someone on here is 13 years old.. I have been pvping as long as they have been alive. I have made servers, I have made servers collapse, I have made servers Rise, I have staffed servers. I have done it all! I know a disaster when I see one so If you guys wanna destroy this server before it even gets going, Than so be it! But do it fast so me and my friends dont waste a ton of time here. And Taran.. You seem to be only aknowledging certain players.. whats up with that?...

Oh and btw.. Paralyze isnt technically a harmful spell.. It deals no dmg.

I'm so not getting what this person is talking about....I mean the only one that acting like thief full of themselves is you....no offence...

And its like your trying to say everyone here hasn't played this game for Atleast 10 years..
Which a lot of people have...so I'm sure we all have plenty of experience with uo...

Anyways for the topic...I don't really see this being a big impact...but if all harmful spells already fizzle recall then why not para? It's supposed to paralyze you...

stonychavez Wrote:So is this server no longer going to strive to emulate IN1...?

Are we going to be tweaking things here and there till eventually we have IN:X again?

The shard is called imagine nation, and ofc it has some features that resemble IN but I doubt it will ever be replicated completely dude stuff just evolves with time :/ I don't see how this is such a huge change that you guys are making it out to be magic arrow is a less cast time than paralyze the only thing paralyze does is stop them from moving..

Catalyst Wrote:You seem to be getting a little personal with this issue, I don't mean to offend anyone or disrespect anyone. And you don't know my UO history, so don't speak about things you know nothing of, assuming that I'm trying to change the shard into carebear central. All I'm saying is ganking is EASY enough as it is.. but it seems like all of the voices on the forum just want it to be easier to get the kill. Reds should have to work just as hard as blues, and since ganking is the norm it doesn't seem like they have to work very hard at all. Obviously if I see 3 reds come onto my screen while I'm hunting.. and I'm already at 70% health.. I know I'm probably not making it out alive. But that's ok, make it easier to gank.. I know death and losing items are a huge part of this game and ultimately it's up to Taran, and I'm sure whatever he decides to do will be good enough for all of us.

It's nothing personal and I hope you didn't get offended or will be offended in my future posts, but you're saying it's easy to gank but you haven't even tried or encountered the escape artists on this shard. When you assume that the ganking on this shard is easy you're going to get comments like that from me because you haven't tried it and your making these asumptions Young players have no idea what there talking about imo, I don't care how many shards you've played in the past this one is a different one. Believe me I'm not afraid to lose items.

Mael Wrote:I'm so not getting what this person is talking about....I mean the only one that acting like thief full of themselves is you....no offence...

And its like your trying to say everyone here hasn't played this game for Atleast 10 years..
Which a lot of people have...so I'm sure we all have plenty of experience with uo...

Anyways for the topic...I don't really see this being a big impact...but if all harmful spells already fizzle recall then why not para? It's supposed to paralyze you...

My point exactly Big Grin <3

sm0ke Wrote:The shard is called imagine nation, and ofc it has some features that resemble IN but I doubt it will ever be replicated completely dude stuff just evolves with time :/ I don't see how this is such a huge change that you guys are making it out to be magic arrow is a less cast time than paralyze the only thing paralyze does is stop them from moving..

It's nothing personal and I hope you didn't get offended or will be offended in my future posts, but you're saying it's easy to gank but you haven't even tried or encountered the escape artists on this shard. When you assume that the ganking on this shard is easy you're going to get comments like that from me because you haven't tried it and your making these asumptions Young players have no idea what there talking about imo, I don't care how many shards you've played in the past this one is a different one. Believe me I'm not afraid to lose items.

My point exactly Big Grin <3

I voted yes to this change, because I believe that is how it worked on IN1.

I was under the impression that this was going to emulate IN1. The amount of suggestions/changes that are being made have increased exponentially from a month ago. And it isn't due to the increase in players as it is only really a few core people lobbying all these changes that I have seen over the past few days. Why don't we just let the shard ride the way it is over the next month then we can see if anything needs to be adjusted.

There you go lumping me in with "you guys"

Stop making it Prototype versus the world brah Smile

stonychavez Wrote:I voted yes to this change, because I believe that is how it worked on IN1.

I was under the impression that this was going to emulate IN1. The amount of suggestions/changes that are being made have increased exponentially from a month ago. And it isn't due to the increase in players as it is only really a few core people lobbying all these changes that I have seen over the past few days. Why don't we just let the shard ride the way it is over the next month then we can see if anything needs to be adjusted.

That's not what I meant, I'm sure Taran's plan is to recreate IN but some minor few adjustments won't hurt to keep everyone happy and have a good big strong playerbase :p